The weather in New England has been brutal this year and it is only Oct 31st. I am sitting here in Massachusetts with no power and it doesn't look like it is coming back until Thursday... Anyone else in the same predicament??
    10-31-11 09:23 PM
    No power on my street in Newburyport since Saturday night. It was 47 yesterday morning in my house. It warmed to 48 this morning.

WTF national grid.....get a move on!!!!!!
    11-01-11 06:49 AM
    I hope y'all are finding ways to stay warm. My last place had a diesel backup generator that sure saved my b u t t several times when the grid failed. Don't forget about your propane BBQ to cook on.
    11-01-11 08:08 AM
    We may very grill out tonight if the power is not back.

Smores!
    11-01-11 10:16 AM
    that's why we have a set of gas logs for a backup if we lose power! wanna borrow my electric blanket?
    11-01-11 10:26 AM
    Still no power. I cooked on my grill again. Getting a lot of use out of the side burner. It looks like at least 2 more days before my town gets it back. I do have a generator so I have heat and a few lights at least. I bought one after the ice storm a few years ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 08:39 PM
    Excellent choice in buying a generator. Everyone needs to be as self reliant as possible not only now but going forward.

It isnt a bad idea to keep enough food and water on hand at all times to go for a minimum of a week, get a generator if you can afford one, and learn to properly use, maintain, and defend it. Yes, I said defend, because those who haven't planned ahead sometimes feel entitled to help themselves to your things.
    11-02-11 05:40 AM
    Our power came back at about 3pm yesterday. Yay! I hope everyone else gets theirs back soon!!!!
    11-02-11 08:12 AM
    Our power came back at about 3pm yesterday. Yay! I hope everyone else gets theirs back soon!!!!

Lucky. Still no power and my furnace conked out this morning. Luckily it was an easy fix so I will have heat tonight once it gets cold.
    11-02-11 11:54 AM
    Excellent choice in buying a generator. Everyone needs to be as self reliant as possible not only now but going forward.

It isnt a bad idea to keep enough food and water on hand at all times to go for a minimum of a week, get a generator if you can afford one, and learn to properly use, maintain, and defend it. Yes, I said defend, because those who haven't planned ahead sometimes feel entitled to help themselves to your things.
    yep! when hurricane Irene came through here last september there were people who had their generators stolen right off the front porch! people were cutting the extension cords and running off with them! couldn't even unplug the cords either...worthless douches.......
    11-03-11 09:19 AM
    11-04-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD