Im looking at getting a 92-96 caprice with under 100,000 miles on it..now im wondering from people who have owned or do own one of these, are there any problems above and beyond that of any other car in this price range (3-4k) that are not easily repairable. My parents are worried that it will not be reliable because at first i was looking at a 72 chevelle, lets just say they didnt like that very much.

also if anyone is selling one for a good price i live right outside of philly.
    07-10-09 10:24 PM
    It could have 100k and run perfect, or it could drop the tranny the first day and blow the engine. You need to take any used vehicle to a trusted mechanic to give it a full look over and go from there.
    07-10-09 10:26 PM
    Mm the are nice cars but u shouldn't set ur mind on one car I wanted a 94-99 caprice and ended up owning a 96 ford ranger. Make sure its a goof running vehicle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:39 PM
    Watch on the 94-9/ models for problems with the Opti-Spark distributor on the 5.7L engine.

07-10-09 11:04 PM
    Im looking at getting a 92-96 caprice with under 100,000 miles on it..now im wondering from people who have owned or do own one of these, are there any problems above and beyond that of any other car in this price range (3-4k) that are not easily repairable. My parents are worried that it will not be reliable because at first i was looking at a 72 chevelle, lets just say they didnt like that very much.

also if anyone is selling one for a good price i live right outside of philly.
    I'm looking at buying a car too This will be my first car. I'm set on a Honda Civic '02 - '04 I'm looking a little newer because my parents have recently had problems with their '92 Roadmaster.

It runs great all that time, then everything goes in the course of 2 months. A few grand later the car atleast starts, but the windows don't open right, the anti-lock breaks are done, and there's parts of the floor that are just carpet underneath (rusted all out).

A few grand extra might be worth the trouble
    07-10-09 11:59 PM
    And spend the money ($30-$40) and get a Carfax title search on any car you are interested in. I think you can check on unlimited reports cars in a month for $39.95.

CARFAX used car VIN number search, auto history check, vehicle history reports
    07-11-09 01:28 AM
    Do me a favor and stay off the roads. While I do enjoy honking at newbs like yourself, I would rather keep my sanity and have my temper remain at a reasonable level. I hate city traffic with a passion.

/Sarcasm
    07-11-09 10:53 AM
    Do me a favor and stay off the roads. While I do enjoy honking at newbs like yourself, I would rather keep my sanity and have my temper remain at a reasonable level. I hate city traffic with a passion.

/Sarcasm
    not all new drivers are bad drivers, just some.
    07-11-09 12:53 PM
    When you buy a used car you're buying someone else's problems, take it to a good mechanic and have him look at it...
    07-11-09 01:20 PM
    not all new drivers are bad drivers, just some.
    Yeah... Not to mention the old folks who have been driving for 60 years, who should have lost their license 15 years ago They're crazy!
    07-11-09 08:58 PM
    Yeah... Not to mention the old folks who have been driving for 60 years, who should have lost their license 15 years ago They're crazy!
    AGREED. I'm 18 and have my G (Graduated) license, which is the full license in Ontario, and many say I drive very well compared to other people my age and other people that are older and have more "experience" ... If the limit is 100, the limit is 100. Not 70. All I'm gonna say.
    07-11-09 09:11 PM
    AGREED. I'm 18 and have my G (Graduated) license, which is the full license in Ontario, and many say I drive very well compared to other people my age and other people that are older and have more "experience" ... If the limit is 100, the limit is 100. Not 70. All I'm gonna say.
    I just got my G2, and I like to think of myself as a good driver. I only act stupid if there's noone around and nobody I could hurt. If the limits 80, I try to stay between 80 and 90
    07-11-09 09:33 PM
    Same here. I rarely do burnouts or drifts though .. that's just simply ********.
    When I'm on the 403/401 or the 407 I'm almost ALWAYS in the left lane hittin 120-130 .. LOL.
    That's probably my worst habit, sticking to the left..
    07-11-09 10:13 PM
    So you've been to Florida?
    07-12-09 08:46 AM
    Found a really nice blue one with 39k miles available in Columbia, Mo for $5000. I can supply a number if you're interested, found it in our car paper.

07-12-09 11:20 AM
    So you've been to Florida?
    You kidding? They're all over! We almost hit an old lady about 4 months ago now. She decided to do an all of a sudden U turn on a 4 lane highway heading to London... Crazy blue hairs
    07-12-09 04:56 PM
    Im looking at getting a 92-96 caprice with under 100,000 miles on it..now im wondering from people who have owned or do own one of these, are there any problems above and beyond that of any other car in this price range (3-4k)
    1st off it's a Chevy that old, it's garbage stay away from it.

You can find a decent 92-95 Honda Civic for $3-4000 that is easy to work on and is reliable. More reliable than a Chevy
    07-15-09 09:17 PM
    Uh...1st off just cuz its a chevy doesnt mean its garbage, and if it is, would u care to tell me why it is that cops drive/drove them? and continue to drive impalas and crown vics and chargers...to this day?

Why dont they drive hondas?

I know i asked for opinions but it seems like you have no proof of what you said being that EVERY SINGLE person i talked to on every chevy forum i asked on, all the owners of the same car, said it was the most reliabal car they have EVER drove and have ever known anyone to have.

Make sure you have some idea of what ur saying before you go saying an entire line of cars is garbage.
    07-15-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD