Anybody here have a NETBOOK and LIKE it?

I love mine but apparently us netbook lovers are few and far between. always get the argumant that "why not spend a tad more and get a REAL laptop"

Don't get me wrong.. I love the laptop.. but when I bought the netbook i KNEW it's limitations and knew my purpose of buying it... so it's functionality works for me
    08-30-09 02:25 PM
    Anybody here have a NETBOOK and LIKE it?
    I have Acer Aspire ONE. I call my self very happy user as AA1 is fully mobile and works great for job and study. Also have 9-cell battery as I'm traveling a lot so sometimes I was experiencing lack of power
    08-30-09 03:28 PM
    I am another happy Acer Aspire One user!!! People tell me that the 8.5" screen is too small, but i actually dont mind it. I love having a laptop that weighs under 3lbs, and If i want a bigger screen, i can connect it to a full size monitor if I wanted very quick and simple. Acer Aspire One, does everything a bigger laptop can, at a fraction of the cost. I believe they are just around the $200 price range now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask
    08-30-09 04:36 PM
    I WISH I had added the larger battery

The standard one that came with it lasts about 3-4 hours. Maybe I will snag up an extra just to keep charged and ready.

I have a Dell Mini 9. I got it for around $175 when they ran a special. i had no idea what i was ordering and didn't have the sense to know what I was buying so i didn't upgrade anything. I took it as the special was reading
    08-30-09 05:14 PM
    I just got an Asus Eee PC at Best Buy about a week ago and I love it! The intel atom cpu and 2gigs of ram make it very zippy. The hard drive is large enough for all my programs. The thing I love most though is my battery which lasts about 7 hours. Netbooks are awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:21 PM
    Can anybody recommend on with a larger memory? I need to get one for my Mom and I KNOW she is going to try and store a bunch of stuff even though I tellher not to. Yeah I know she should get a regular laptop but she THINKS she needs a netbook
    08-31-09 06:48 AM
    The thing I love most though is my battery which lasts about 7 hours. Netbooks are awesome!
    That's why I have 9-cell. Last for about 10h so I can work whole day w/o any major power problems...
    08-31-09 06:49 AM
    Well, I will be buying me a netbook around the 3rd. I'm leaning towards the lenovo or HP, I do not want the ones with vista, I'm a XP Pro SP3 user!

Unless someone can tell me another brand to get?

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-31-09 07:53 AM
    Well, I will be buying me a netbook around the 3rd. I'm leaning towards the lenovo or HP, I do not want the ones with vista, I'm a XP Pro SP3 user!

Thnx, �Tripster�

i bought the Dell because it was on SPECIAL....LOL But i will say i am really liking it. plus I got UBUNTU which i have since learned has it all over windows when It comes to security. I don't have to BUY any programs . most are free.

now of course you can put ubuntu into any so i guess that's off subject.

With Dell I already got my moneys worth with service. i crashed the netbook the first week and they fixed it free. The only reason I myself am asking about which would be better is because i wanted to know if something was, and if i could find one with more storage for someone who wants to use it like a LAPTOP
    08-31-09 08:50 AM
    I Love my macbook!
    08-31-09 08:53 AM
    I got Acer Aspire ONE. One of the cheapest on the market. The reason why is simple: for mobile devices risk of harming device is rather big. So I paid low money - in case of damage I'm not going to cry... Acer does the job and works great with XP...
    08-31-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD