Anyone into this game ?

It's pretty dang close to being my favorite NFS game to date. At first i was really iffy with it but the more i play it the more i LOVE it ....
    09-30-09 08:33 AM
    It looks sick! Haven't gotten a chance to play yet...
    09-30-09 08:36 AM
    I gotta say though underground 1/2 and Carbon may be my favorites lol
    09-30-09 08:37 AM
    Haven't played it, I'm away from my PS3 for the next week.

But I'm excited, I hear it's pretty damn awesome.
    09-30-09 11:09 AM
    I've played it. It's alright. Feels like every other racing game
    10-19-09 01:53 PM
    I hear you really need a steering wheel, paddles and stick shift to get the full experience... Am I right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:55 PM
    I like when Maverick tells Goose, "I feel the need, the need for speed!" I <3 Tom Cruise. Old Tom Cruise, not new Tom Cruise.
    10-19-09 01:57 PM
    I hear you really need a steering wheel, paddles and stick shift to get the full experience... Am I right?

Now THAT sounds like a party!
    10-19-09 01:58 PM
    I played the demo on Live but I ended up getting Dirt 2. The demo for NFS was great and I am glad EA is going to a more "sim" experience. I plan on picking it up but am worried of one thing: career length. How long is it?

10-19-09 04:04 PM
    I played the demo on Live but I ended up getting Dirt 2. The demo for NFS was great and I am glad EA is going to a more "sim" experience. I plan on picking it up but am worried of one thing: career length. How long is it?

LONG ! ! ! ! there are a ton of races to do, there are five tiers and i'm about mid way tier 4 after about 3 - 3.5 wks of playing it.
    10-19-09 04:16 PM
    Never played it, but I have been playing Carbon City a lot lately.

10-19-09 04:35 PM
    LONG ! ! ! ! there are a ton of races to do, there are five tiers and i'm about mid way tier 4 after about 3 - 3.5 wks of playing it.
    Glad to hear that. The only thing I did not like about the past NFSs is that, for me, the career was too short.
    10-19-09 05:28 PM
    I keep hearing good things about it. May have to try it.
    10-19-09 05:40 PM
    How the h*ll can you like this game? It handles nothing like a real racer like GRID or Forza, which I thought it would. I could not stand it (and I really did try to like it). It's definitely my least favorite NFS game. Glad I only rented it.
    10-20-09 09:42 AM
    How the h*ll can you like this game? It handles nothing like a real racer like GRID or Forza, which I thought it would. I could not stand it (and I really did try to like it). It's definitely my least favorite NFS game. Glad I only rented it.
    I'll reverse that how the h*ll can you like Forza or Grid?!?!? i own Forza 2 i think I've completed one race. Never think about just picking up to play it. Way to much thinking for the game to be any kind of fun. Grid - i bought the demo (since i don't have live) i think i raced it twice - never picked it up again and never thought of buying it.

just because someone likes one game doesn't mean everyone will. for example the GoW v. Resistance FoM debate will go on for ever. and so will NFS v. everyone else.

i like arcade-ish playing Racing games. Sims are way to much "just to have fun with" .... let me guess you don't like Burnout or PGR either.
    10-20-09 09:52 AM
    I guess we just like different types. I like my racing games to feel like you are driving the car irl. In Shift it felt like my tires were lined with ice and I was constantly doing powerslides when I tried to make the slightest turn.

Granted, Most Wanted wasn't 100% realistic but I definitely thought it was better than Undercover and Shift (just my opinion remember). I really liked Most Wanted.
    10-20-09 10:44 AM
    I guess we just like different types. I like my racing games to feel like you are driving the car irl. In Shift it felt like my tires were lined with ice and I was constantly doing powerslides when I tried to make the slightest turn.

Granted, Most Wanted wasn't 100% realistic but I definitely thought it was better than Undercover and Shift (just my opinion remember). I really liked Most Wanted.
    ah... try letting off the gas a little - and if you can learn to control those "spin outs" you can get a massive amount of "driver style points"...
    10-20-09 10:49 AM
    Yeah I have to agree with with the arcade style. I love the NFS games from pc to xbox360... And I cannot stand the so called "realism" that you get with games like forza and others alike. Its a video game it should be like a video game. If i wanna drive a real car i'll go to my garage.
    10-20-09 11:31 AM
    I am an avid video game racer and I like both styles of racing. I've played all the NFS franchise, even the Porsche and Ferrari games (can't remember the official titles) back on PS1. I like the Burnout series for the most part, all the Mario Karts.

But I also like the sim style games like Gran Turismo and Forza. I liked the PGR's (except for the motorcycles). I played a Grid demo and it was ok, nothing stood out in my mind as spectacular. You name a racing game, chances are I've played it.

The point is that every racing game is gonna be different and even the racing sims are not fully realistic. It's just a matter of playing the games and seeing if you like them. I've only played the Shift demo but it seems pretty cool. I always play my games with a "hood" or "cockpit" view so that aspect appeals to me too. It's a fresh take on the racing genre whether you like it or not so I respect EA for that.

Honestly, for the most realistic driving experience on any console, IMO it's GTA4.
    10-20-09 11:48 AM
    I am an avid video game racer and I like both styles of racing. I've played all the NFS franchise, even the Porsche and Ferrari games (can't remember the official titles) back on PS1. I like the Burnout series for the most part, all the Mario Karts.

But I also like the sim style games like Gran Turismo and Forza. I liked the PGR's (except for the motorcycles). I played a Grid demo and it was ok, nothing stood out in my mind as spectacular. You name a racing game, chances are I've played it.

The point is that every racing game is gonna be different and even the racing sims are not fully realistic. It's just a matter of playing the games and seeing if you like them. I've only played the Shift demo but it seems pretty cool. I always play my games with a "hood" or "cockpit" view so that aspect appeals to me too. It's a fresh take on the racing genre whether you like it or not so I respect EA for that.

Honestly, for the most realistic driving experience on any console, IMO it's GTA4.
    LMAO h*ll yeah! Most realistic because you can basically do whatever the h*ll you want
    10-20-09 11:59 AM
    It's got the best physics and the most realistic damage system. The rest of the gameplay is not great as far as realism goes but the driving feels more real to me than any other game.

Plus in any of the other driving games we mentioned, if you could hit pedestrians or shoot other drivers, I would give them all an A+.
    10-20-09 12:03 PM
    It's got the best physics and the most realistic damage system. The rest of the gameplay is not great as far as realism goes but the driving feels more real to me than any other game.

Plus in any of the other driving games we mentioned, if you could hit pedestrians or shoot other drivers, I would give them all an A+.
    Look up a game called Carmageddon. You get points for hitting pedestrians and other cars... been a few years since I've heard anything about it but you should check it out.
    10-20-09 12:13 PM
    Look up a game called Carmageddon. You get points for hitting pedestrians and other cars... been a few years since I've heard anything about it but you should check it out.
    Oh I've played Carmageddon, very briefly but I know it. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to see if I can find it. Was that on PS2?
    10-20-09 12:16 PM
    Oh I've played Carmageddon, very briefly but I know it. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to see if I can find it. Was that on PS2?
    I think so... I played it on pc way back in the day...
    10-20-09 12:23 PM
    Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-20-09 12:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD