Dear RIM CEO�s

I have always fancied using a Blackberry device. All my friends I connect with use one. Finding it as a very viable option to communicate (for both work and connecting socially) on a stable and secure platform and mobile device, I decided to take the plunge with owning my 1st Blackberry device � the Bold 9700, with tying up with my Telco with a 2 years contract period. I was happy and amazed with the little tool and device I call mine. But ever since then, things gone down hill from there.

During my 1st 3 days of owning the Bold 9700, it went dead just like that after one fine morning as I woke up from my sleep. There was nothing can be done from my end as I cant power on, cant reset or even restoring my backup was an issue, thus I went to to my Telco to rectify it. It was after 2 hours of troubleshooting, they did a ROM re-flash and countless setting for me, finally the device came back to life.

That didn�t stop there as well, less then 1 month later, the device died on me again. This time not only it auto reboots every morning and evening, it also freezes every time a notification came in. I called up my Telco Helpline, they have actually promised that if my device is not repairable, no questions asked, I will receive a replacement. Again, I sent back the device to the Telco Service Center to rectify. True enough, after 2 hours of trying, they finally gave up and replaced me a new Bold 9700.

Soon after the replacement Bold 9700 worked fine, laggy at times, even before the OS6 update (done at my Telco Service Center), I didn�t complaint. But now, after 7 months on the replacement Bold 9700, the same symptoms appear; it auto reboots on occasional days, but a few times in 1 day, it also freezes on occasional notifications or at certain applications, unable to detect my memory card (causing me to always repair the card � even though the is no issues with the card), and worst still � drop calls.

I called and explained my issues to my Telco Customer Helpline & enquired and I walked to their Telco Service Center and explained what steps that i have done to troubleshoot. So hoping for a 1 to 1 exchange unit to not have down time (which I got information off RIM website), I was declined as there was a policy from my Telco saying I need to deal with my local distributor directly (Brightstar) with the promise of a replacement! Imagine me, a customer who took up a 2 years contract, needing to deal with the distributor directly?
    After wasting � of my day, I requested Telco Service Center there to inform Brightstar personnel about my case, thus I went over to Brightstar Distributions, explained my situation all over again and appealed that I would like to have a replacement unit. But I was again declined, saying that I need to leave my device with them for few days to test what�s wrong, and if I were to need a unit to use, it would be on a loan basis, where I need to pay a few hundred $$ cash in deposit!
    I�m the person who doesn�t have the liberty of free time in my busy work schedule as my industry doesn�t allow much off days in 1 month, and down time is totally unacceptable. The even most disappointing thing here I know RIM offers 1 to 1 exchange for its Blackberry devices, but here I was declined, due to either hardware or software failure that cant be solved at Telco and also Distributor (Brightstar) level, and I need to wait for another few more days and pay for a loan unit! Its not my fault that I�m unlucky to be blessed with 2 faulty Blackberry devices that has a life span of less then 1 year.

My question is how can a less the 3 days, and now less then 1 year Blackberry device has so many issues until its needed to be sent back to my Telco for rectification and hoping for a replacement. I actually learnt how to troubleshoot a buggy Blackberry device from this experience.
    Why I�m writing to you today is because I have already lost faith in the Blackberry brand, its services provided by local distributors and also the Telco providing me the services that is. For a company that serves multi-million corporations and worldwide Government bodies, reliability has definitely gone down even for a normal user as myself. How can I continue to use my Blackberry with the lousy service rendered by my local distributor and with knowing that my Blackberry might just die on me again?

P/S: I had to draft this email using my laptop as my Blackberry is auto rebooting again.
    And since my emails always gets rejected back>>

i have to revert to twitter blackberryhelp>>

but until today also reply!!! what is wrong with RIM?
    and brightstar, im not getting any gadgets from you and i shall advise my friends the same as well
    07-12-11 01:49 AM
    Sounds more like a matter of a sh*t carrier. Are you sure there isn't a picture of R2D2 on the screen when your device reboots?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 01:58 AM
    Sounds more like a matter of a sh*t carrier. Are you sure there isn't a picture of R2D2 on the screen when your device reboots?

It does not appear that the OP has an obscure wireless provider.
    BRIGHTSTAR AND CSL SIGN EXCLUSIVE SUPPLY CHAIN OPTIMIZATION CONTRACT | Press Releases | News Room | Brightstar
    07-12-11 02:14 AM
    Is this open letter thing becoming a trend?
    07-12-11 02:24 AM
    I like opening my own mail.
    But seriously, to the OP...
    Why is your first post on CrackBerry an open letter that sounds like it was written by a drama queen?
    Why not ask some questions on the 9700 forum? Did you try installing a new OS yourself? What OS are you using? Do you even know? Do you care? You say you are unlucky. Time to make your own luck and put some effort into working through it yourself instead of dealing with a crappy telco provider.

Try this one...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ndings-622331/
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 07-12-11 at 02:44 AM.
    07-12-11 02:28 AM
    guys..i hv been in crackberry most of the time troubleshooting my berry. that is why i didnt comment much.
    its no drama if you know what i have been thru.
    i hv done the new OS load n reflash occassionally n i was with 6.0.448 the last.
    no leaked rom n no hybrids thus no r2d2's anytime guys.
    this open letter is not a trend, but i hv been trying to get the RIM personnel via email but no avail..so my friend tld me they might be trolling in crackberry..

My question is how can a device be less the 3 days dies, and now less then 1 year i have chnaged 3 Blackberry devices which has so many issues until its needed to be sent back to my Telco for rectification and hoping for a replacement?

i doubt its a telco issue but more of a RIM device issue.
    Last edited by eezern; 07-12-11 at 05:14 AM.
    07-12-11 04:38 AM
    dont test me on what i knw n dont knw..
    being a newbie doesnt mean a thing. there is alwys google to guide n also friends who are seasoned berry users guiding. they are also worried why is my berry acting up that way.

the only 3rd party application i have on my berry is:
    1. twitter
    2. whatsapp
    3. facebook

and these apps dont screw up your devices. i hv been from OS5 > OS6 > back to OS5 and finally OS6 before i screw the device back to my Telco. all these chnages were recommended by my telco and also feedback from forums i got.
    btw crackberry aint the only berry forum ya
    07-12-11 04:42 AM
    Hi, It's quite disheartening to hear about the terrible customer experience that you have been subjected to. Even more disheartening to hear that RIM is not responding to your e-mails. Devices are electronic units and they do go bad at times, it's the customer experience and the service he receives when the device malfunctions that makes the difference. I'd say in my experience Blackberries have been robust and reliable, support services in India are also commendable. Understanding your situation, and the frustration you have been subjected to, I understand your writing out a open letter to RIM. I expect better service from vendors and RIM in general. Eezren we are here to help, I recommend you check the connector (Where the battery goes into the device and clean them) check and see if the issue is resolved. We'll do whatever we can to assist you.
    07-12-11 05:32 AM
    Carrier should handle the warranty on the phone. When I had issues with my Tours, Sprint replaced them, not RIM. Sounds like you may have bought your phone second hand or through a possibly not reputable dealer (brightstar?). If you did buy from other than a carrier than how can you hold RIM responsible? Was this sealed in a new box?
    07-12-11 07:19 AM
    It appears that way, and this one is a real yawner!

This part has me rolling on the floor "My question is how can a less the 3 days, and now less then 1 year Blackberry device has so many issues until its needed to be sent back...."
    07-12-11 07:23 AM
    I REALLY am surprised actually at how few Open letters we have seen, I expected this to be a huge trend, seeing 2 or 3 a day in the weeks following the 3 "insider letters"
    07-12-11 07:25 AM
    I REALLY am surprised actually at how few Open letters we have seen, I expected this to be a huge trend, seeing 2 or 3 a day in the weeks following the 3 "insider letters"
    Please - don't encourage them!

07-12-11 10:05 AM
    Please - don't encourage them!

Too late

But it didn't happen

07-12-11 10:17 AM
    All of the cool kids are doing it.
    07-12-11 10:18 AM
    Carrier should handle the warranty on the phone. When I had issues with my Tours, Sprint replaced them, not RIM. Sounds like you may have bought your phone second hand or through a possibly not reputable dealer (brightstar?). If you did buy from other than a carrier than how can you hold RIM responsible? Was this sealed in a new box?
    I got my device straight from my carrier n the replacement units are sealed new in the box . Unless my distributor is short changing me
    07-12-11 11:35 AM
    It appears that way, and this one is a real yawner!

This part has me rolling on the floor "My question is how can a less the 3 days, and now less then 1 year Blackberry device has so many issues until its needed to be sent back...."
    Sorry it bored you n Also the lack of emphaty on ppl issues where you can roll on the floor. Do let me knw the next time u roll, I will send a steamroller
    07-12-11 11:38 AM
    Thx for the comments..but it's catchy headers that gets attention .. Which I want from rim execs trolling here-bouts
    07-12-11 11:40 AM
    Sorry it bored you n Also the lack of emphaty on ppl issues where you can roll on the floor. Do let me knw the next time u roll, I will send a steamroller
    Your command of English gibberish is astounding.
    07-12-11 11:45 AM
    Thx for the comments..but it's catchy headers that gets attention .. Which I want from rim execs trolling here-bouts
    Ah, but then you gotta use buzz words like "analysts," "market share," and "jumping ship."

07-12-11 11:54 AM
    Your command of English gibberish is astounding.
    But does it rise to the level of feckless? Sorry, I've been itching to use that word since DawgMan threw it in his thread. Seems almost appropriate here.

07-12-11 12:35 PM
    no thx for the comments just for the sake of commenting.
    its not necessary as your post count is already high.
    i just wanna share my experience and also highlight this out for ppl reading and considering a berry
    07-13-11 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD