First let me start off by saying that I just woke up a few minutes ago from this nightmare and I immediately got on here to write my story

So in my nightmare I lived in a huge huge house and my mom was visiting and cleaning up the house. When it was time to go out I couldn't find my blackberry bold. I looked all over the place destroying everything in my house. The last room to check was the laundry room. The washing machine was running and I opened it and noticed that MY clothes were the ones being washed. I started taking out the soaking wet clothes and started crying. I turn to my right to put some clothes down and see a bunch of orange shirts in the dryer (I go to syracuse university so those shirts weere clearly mine)

I opened the dryer (which had already dried the clothes) and my bold fell right out. I started screaming and kicking and crying even harder.

What was even worse was that my parents refused to buy me a new one. They said "were in a recession and we have you $50,000 a year tuition to pay"

And that was my nightmare. I woke up with tears on my pillow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:40 AM
    Dang. Nice to know its still in good shape, that it was only a nightmare.

12-24-08 10:52 AM
    Well, you are very lucky! Me not so much. My son dropped a whole cup of milk on mine yesterday. It will only t-on, can't check anything or see anything but main screen! I'm up to about 20 texts from friends and all their numbers are in my phone. Anyone have any ideas to help?????
    12-25-08 11:03 AM
    OP, that truly is a nightmare!

Cracked2, I would think the only way would be to replace the phone through insurance if you have it. Most liquid will mess up the hardware causing a problem most won't be abloe to fix except for the manufacturer. Also try calling CS and see if they can help you out. Who knows, naybe someone will actually know what they're talking about and can tell you what hardware pieces need to be replaced and you ca by the pieces yourself and fix it yourself. You can find tools on cnn.cn

Good luck man.

12-25-08 03:45 PM
    Um, you cried, in tears when you woke up.. Then went on line and wrote about it here. This scene should be in a movie. You should have taken a picture of yourself with the blackberry after you woke up and posted here.
    12-27-08 08:30 PM
    Well, you are very lucky! Me not so much. My son dropped a whole cup of milk on mine yesterday. It will only t-on, can't check anything or see anything but main screen! I'm up to about 20 texts from friends and all their numbers are in my phone. Anyone have any ideas to help?????
    Take the battery out, take the simm card out. Clean up the simm card & battery. Open up the unit as much as you can i.e. take off the covers. if the board can be unscrewed do that to and move it just a bit so air can get inside. then let it set a few days. test it out see if it works.

I done this with lots of electrical devices that had liquid in them. even some cell phone like the one I dropped in my coffee. it survived. so did the other items that I got liquid in by doing this.
    12-27-08 08:36 PM
    You haven't heard of the bag of rice trick yet? Place your bb in a ziplock bag with rice for a day or so. The rice will absorb the moister. Hope it works.

12-27-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD