I currently own a z30, of which I am very pleased and proud. Blackberry 10 is a great OS, and one of the things that made me love it is the swipe to unlock feature.

This made me imagine a new phone, with no buttons at all. Since I did not bother creating a graphic design, I will just explain it.

I would go with a 5, maybe up to 5.5 inches AMOLED screen, which would go very close to the edges of the phone (on the sides and on the top and bottom edges).

I would replace all buttons, (volume, mute, lock button) with capacitive "buttons". The lock button would be similar to the (I think) 9700 model. The volume capacitive "buttons" would be actually a touch sensitive bar that would require swipe upwards and downwards to change volume settings. The mute button could disappear entirely.

As of hardware, the specs of Passport would be great, maybe a little improved, but not necessarily. Definitely a better camera.

The body should be aluminum, a little thinner than the z30.

I will take some time one day to sketch it, just for fun.

I am sorry for my English, didn't practice it for some time and now it's a little rusty.

I would love hearing some opinions from others, improving this concept, that I'd love seeing in production one day, preferably by BlackBerry, with this os.

Posting via my nuclear powered STA100-2
    03-21-15 10:41 AM
    I'd love to see this! Sounds like something I might want to buy!!!
    03-21-15 02:46 PM
    Never going back to a candy bar screen or captive keyboard (if I can help it but we are all at the mercy of the imaginations, or lack there of, of the designers and OS programmers.

Not to say yours is an uninteresting idea. Different stroke for different folks. The Passport is near perfection for what I need and prefer; hope BlackBerry do not shelve it.

Also, do not apologize for your English: better than any other language I can write in (and your grammar is good too - I just ended that sentence in a preposition!).
    03-23-15 03:07 PM
    Never going back to a candy bar screen or captive keyboard (if I can help it but we are all at the mercy of the imaginations, or lack there of, of the designers and OS programmers.

Not to say yours is an uninteresting idea. Different stroke for different folks. The Passport is near perfection for what I need and prefer; hope BlackBerry do not shelve it.

Also, do not apologize for your English: better than any other language I can write in (and your grammar is good too - I just ended that sentence in a preposition!).
    Isn't it already a done deal Passport is getting a device refresh??
    PP2?

:-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-24-15 10:57 PM
    Isn't it already a done deal Passport is getting a device refresh??
    PP2?

:-)

•   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   •
    I would love that. Guess I'm just tired of all the full touch screens. Could that be why I'm having flash backs of Blackberry Pearl Flip? I really wouldn't mind regressing to that but all those BB haters would start up again. Perhaps the best way to improve battery life is to take a step back. The Passport can do plenty of things but maybe doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Note. This is also why the battery life is simply amazing and I keep my display brightness at 100%! The Passport is old school and I say that as a compliment. Long live the Berry!
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    03-25-15 07:10 AM