Without going into politics, I'm curious about the FBI report indicating Hillary Clinton used multiple BlackBerry devices. I'm thinking maybe over a period of years she used different devices, but not at the same time.

Under the old BlackBerry OS, where your email went through a RIM network, I thought you couldn't run multiple devices at the same time. Well at least under BIS. The RIM system would only send email for a particular user to one device.

Again, no politics, just BlackBerry facts.

I sure miss having that BlackBerry s/mime account.

Posted via CB10
    martinjdub likes this.
    07-08-16 01:32 AM
    I'll admit, I've not followed this case too close but my understanding is that you can only have one email per one device when on BES, but I'm not sure about BIS which I believe is the issue with Hilary...unsecured communications.

I go educate myself and come back to the conversation later
    07-16-16 07:29 PM
    I'll admit, I've not followed this case too close but my understanding is that you can only have one email per one device when on BES, but I'm not sure about BIS which I believe is the issue with Hilary...unsecured communications.

I go educate myself and come back to the conversation later
    BIS had RIM s/mime. That is, you had to use the RIM servers, which is why everyone screamed when the servers went down.

But I'm pretty sure under BIS you could only have one phone. I noticed this when I upgraded, but it had been too many years to be really sure

Bb10 is still a little weird with email. You can't access the hub until BlackBerry sniffs your phone. You notice this when you boot.

BlackBerry can stop an email from reaching your phone under bb10. This happens if you ask them to send your BBID password. For security, they want the password to go to a different device than your phone. Well I suppose if you had browser based email, they couldn't snag it, but they keep the message from reaching your BlackBerry email client.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:34 PM