Here is the front and back of my TV, 52' LCD 1080p Samsung. The two HDMI cables are both Monster Cable, the dark grey one is for my PS3, which is my Blu-ray player as well and the light grey one is my HDMI cable box. The Purple Monster Cable I bought years back and it's for my PS2...

A question for you can you see the actual difference from your own experience watching either tv or a movie either it's a regular video or it's HD or Blu Ray? Also what kind of Monster Cable your using for your PS 3? Right now I'm using Psyclone PS 3 HDMI cables for online gaming and watching blu ray movies and so on
    05-18-09 10:45 PM
    Yeah...please, please, please don't fall for the Monster Cables. They really don't work much better than any other HDMI cables, and certainly not enough to justify the mark-up.
    05-23-09 12:26 AM
    Gold plated connections mean nothing to a digital signal. Just get whatever it cheapest from Monoprice. There's no difference in quality, and HDMI cables are expensive enough anyway.
    05-24-09 12:42 AM
    Monster cable is overpriced...I've been using the cheapest HDMI cables I could find...I've bought several from Amazon for just a few dollars...and yet my TV looks amazing. No need for an $80 cable.
    05-24-09 01:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD