[I debated putting this in the "3rd Party Apps" discussion thread, but elected to stick it in here instead. If a mod thinks it's better to have it there, feel free to move it.]

Imagine this.

Your getting ready for bed, and all of the sudden, an MMS comes in... at 1:20 in the morning. You check your Berry, only to find it's from your Bank, you open it, and read this,

LOW BALANCE WARNING: Balance for account 3009 below 20.00 for 18/04/2010
    My first reaction is to run to the computer to see who the he** have drained my account below my 20.00 threshold, when I login to Online Banking, I find this...

Mobihand charged me 2.99! ... So I continue on to their website, and also check my email to see if it's some sort of mistake, or if I didn't cancel a subscription properly, and to my shock (and horror) I find... nothing.

No emails, No new invoices, Nothing at all. They've seemingly gone about charging me, without a reason to charge me! I have no subscriptions (I cancelled my SmrtGuard Subscription two months ago) and the last thing I purchased was a theme, which shows in a separate transaction as 5.59!

So I proceed to get back on my bank website, and have a chat with someone in their Live Chat service, after explaining the situation, and giving them the information they need to verify my identity, they proceed to verify for me that this transaction was run against my account, and hit my account as part of a batch authorisation that Mobihand run through their payment processor at 12:00:00 local time. They then assured me that provided the charge was to change from "Pending" to "Completed" that I would receive a full refund, as part of my Zero Liability Protection service included with my Debit card.

While many of you are probably sitting shaking your heads as I go on about a 2.99 american charge against my debit card, The reason why I'm so upset about this that;

1) Mobihand have continually given me ****, with everything from switching PIN's, to updates for apps, to buying apps in the first place. I just dread doing business with Mobihand, because it's such a horrible experience.

2) While 2.99 isn't all that much, for someone like myself, 17, in school, whom does design and coding work on the side, earning that money, like earning any money throughout life isn't easy, I work hard to create product worth every penny I'm paid, and to have Mobihand go in and swipe that from me without as much as an email explaining why, is just appalling to me, as it is to everyone I've told about it so far.

While I'm well aware my ranting here in a forum post will do next to nothing to rectify the situation, I still felt it was better to take even a small stand, and let the situation be know to others.

I have every intention of ending my (as of now) limited relationship with Mobihand, and moving any future business to other providers such as Handango and possibly even App World.

Because of their seemingly rampant corporate ignorance, it seems that Mobihand fail to acknowledge the most basic business principal, that your customers are the most important thing to the continued success of your business, regardless if your a small, one person team, or a massive, multi-billion dollar company with nearly 14,000 employees.

I do apologise for taking a the few moments out of the day of everyone who's read this post, but it's something I seriously needed to get off my chest. I conclude this rant over.
    04-18-10 06:10 AM
    It would seem that it was a transaction fee. Many companies do that, and they normally advise that they will. It may have possibly been a charge from your own bank, assessed to Mobihand, legally, because you involved your bank in the previous transaction.
    04-18-10 07:45 AM
    It would seem that it was a transaction fee. Many companies do that, and they normally advise that they will. It may have possibly been a charge from your own bank, assessed to Mobihand, legally, because you involved your bank in the previous transaction.
    It came across my mind that it could have been a fee from the bank to me, or something of the like, but the reason why I ruled it out was just because I had processed so many transactions with Mobihand via PayPal and directly through my bank via Visa card like I did this time, with nothing like this having ever shown up, had it been a fee assessed to me from my bank, it would have shown up like this. Notice the mini-bank icon.

04-18-10 09:37 AM
    Yeah Mobihand is pure crap. I've gotten bad download links from them before and then you have to fight tooth n' nail with them to get the link/email re-sent. Also, I bought a theme quite a while back and they sent me the Bold 9000 version (I have a Tour). I know I requested the 9630 version, because I read the purchase summary and double checked before processing the order. When they did finally send the right device specific link...it was the trial version! I then just decided to get my money back...but had to fight with them via email for 2 days in order to do so. I will NEVER order anything directly through MobiHand ever again.
    04-18-10 01:32 PM
    xDAKx,

We send email on all transactions. Please contact customersupport at mobihand dot com, and we'll re-send it.

MobiHand processes millions of transactions successfully, for many, many happy customers. Sorry you're not one of them, yet. Please contact us, so we can turn this around.

Best,
    -David
    04-19-10 07:36 PM
    Please contact us, so we can turn this around.

More like..."Please contact us so we can try our best to get out of refunding you your money".
    04-20-10 02:36 PM
    I don't really want to be a **** off here, but this is about a $2.99 charge. Is it really worth it?

How would any other person on this planet know they drew your account into the red? Isn't that what bank statements and check registers/receipts are for?
    04-20-10 03:00 PM
    I don't really want to be a **** off here, but this is about a $2.99 charge. Is it really worth it?

How would any other person on this planet know they drew your account into the red? Isn't that what bank statements and check registers/receipts are for?
    It's the principle...
    04-20-10 03:04 PM
    That, I know.
    04-20-10 03:11 PM
    They are trying to work it out, what more can you ask for? My dealings with them have always gone well. I had an issue when I had my Storm1 replaced 5 times and my multiple PIN changes tripped their fraud censors, it was handled within a day and 1 email. And NO I did not need to pull any strings or use the "mod" card, I just dealt with the customer service person that got assigned by the automatic process. They asked what happened, and I explained, about the multiple returns, and they approved the 5th change. Give them a chance to work it out.
    04-20-10 10:55 PM
    I too am done with monbihand. Seems like every time I have an issue with an app i purchased from them I never get a response via email. It's like they are blowing me off.(4 times!!!) And all i want to find out is why an activation code I have online for an app does not work anymore when reinstalling the app after an OS update. WTF mobihand? I am done with them. If I can't get an app for my berry from anywhere else besides mobihand, I will not purchase it. So I hope developers see the hassle mobihand gives customers and offers other avenues for purchasing apps.
    06-24-10 12:01 PM
    Sorry to see these issues with MH. I've never had any problem with them, and in fact find them the best store to deal with. Even helped me out with DL links, then it turned out to be my mistake.

I'd say let them try and fix the situation.
    06-24-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD