Ok, so I don't to the doctor often! I HATE paying co-pays but I should be glad I have insurance. Anyhow I'm out of town and been having mild flu like symptoms, I've been thinking about the minute clinic since I would have to find a dr., do paperwork, and wait to be seen.
    I know they have Nurse Practioners and Physicians Asitants there, but has any1 ever been to 1 before and with good results?

--Also where is the least expensive place to get a flu shot?--

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:21 PM
    those type of places are okay for minor issues, but id still go to your primary doctor for more serious issues because they are all your medical records and history,
    09-07-09 11:18 PM
    Walgreen has a flu shot for 24.99. I went in to pick something up the other day and they were writing on the sidewalk, and it said "flu shoot 24.99" haha. I had to take a picture. Wish I could post it via wap.

09-08-09 08:13 AM
    Those clinics are great if you have something minor. I would go if need be for flu symptoms. And I have been there before.....long time ago and everything was fine.

As for flu shots you can get one at most pharmacies for relatively inexpensive.

Good luck!

09-08-09 09:35 AM
    Just be prepared to wait, and check them out if you can beforehand - I made the mistake of going to one of those places (my father-in-law calls them "doc-in-a-box") a couple of weeks ago, and waited for over 3 hours (really). Then was seen by an ***** MD for about 10 mins before he announced I had acute bronchitis, prescribed an inhaler but didn't explain why or when I should use it, and refused to call the prescription into my pharmacy, even though they were still open. Went to see my Primary MD the next day and he debunked about 99% of it.
    09-08-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah I went cause I'm on vacation and it was the only thing I could find due to being on vacation. I waited for 20 minutes/half-hour and the lady took her time with me prescribed me two pills one for cough 1 for antibiotic told me how to take it and where I could get the antibiotic for free!!!! And the cough pills for $4. I had an overall good experience and my co-pay with prescriptions was only $24!

09-08-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD