So with this news this morning that Microsoft is laying off 7,800 people from the handset division and the obvious issues with blackberry handset sales.

Is it just a matter of time before the only two players will be apple and Android?

I for one don't really care for apple or windows phones but I do believe that competition and choice in this area is a must.
    07-08-15 09:21 AM
    Amazing that with all the money MS has and all the pull they have on the desktop space, they couldn't get a good app ecosystem going. Considering that Microsoft could buy Blackberry with pocket change, you can put into perspective just how little influence BB has in the market.
    07-08-15 11:49 AM
    Microsoft Finland has been hit the hardest
    2300 of the 3200 employees going home, and that is in Nokia's home country. The government isn't gonna like that

Hope everyone gets picked up by another company sooner or later

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:10 PM
    Amazing that with all the money MS has and all the pull they have on the desktop space, they couldn't get a good app ecosystem going. Considering that Microsoft could buy Blackberry with pocket change, you can put into perspective just how little influence BB has in the market.

But are they dying cause they don't have apps and for that matter is BB dying cause of apps. I am not so sure. I believe it has more to do with public perception. Android and Apple are cool and windows and BB are not. I think they are to far in the hole now to ever dig themselves out unless either company comes out with something that is so innovative the cool factor returns. once you get that your set.
    07-08-15 12:25 PM
    But are they dying cause they don't have apps and for that matter is BB dying cause of apps. I am not so sure. I believe it has more to do with public perception.

Dead on. Today it is the perception of reality and not reality and truth that matter. It why idiots like Donald Trump get massive press coverage as opposed to the teacher that packs 30 meals each morning for the homeless public school students that can't always get breakfast. It is why despite the wealth that is out there in all of its forms it will always be misappropriated and the circus of folly will not end any time soon
    07-08-15 01:14 PM
    Indeed, fully concur on the perception part. "Present life is the appearance of deceit"

CB10 - Passport
    07-08-15 01:38 PM
    It why idiots like Donald Trump get massive press coverage as opposed to the teacher that packs 30 meals each morning for the homeless public school students that can't always get breakfast.
    Since you have politicized a Windows phone thread, I feel the need to respond. Donald Trump, far from being an "*****", is speaking to a deep concern that a large number of Americans have about the lack of enforcement in our immigration system.

These statistics are from the FBi:

"95 percent of arrest warrants in Los Angeles are issued for illegal immigrants, not American citizens.

Seventy-five percent of the people on law enforcement�s �Most Wanted� list in Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are also illegal immigrants.

In addition, 53 percent of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

The FBI also reports that a whopping 25 percent of inmates inside California�s state prisons, county jails, and municipal detention facilities are Mexican nationals. Not Swedish nationals, British nationals, Middle Eastern country nationals; but, Mexican nationals. On a larger scale, the annual cost to house these criminal illegal immigrants nationally is $1.6 billion and growing.

These individuals are not simply incarcerated for being here illegally although that, too, is a crime. These illegal immigrants have been charged with and convicted of committing burglaries and felony crimes such as car thefts, aggravated assaults and yes, wait for it � rape."

As you can see, this is a real problem and he may well win the election. He is pulling first and second in the early primaries and political insiders are running scared.

BlackBerry is an international community and I doubt many other countries would tolerate the situation that we see outlined in those FBI statistics.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:04 AM
    Not going to dignify such erroneous hyperbole.
    Last edited by Peter Johnson4; 07-09-15 at 11:43 AM.
    07-09-15 11:31 AM
    But are they dying cause they don't have apps and for that matter is BB dying cause of apps. I am not so sure. I believe it has more to do with public perception. Android and Apple are cool and windows and BB are not. I think they are to far in the hole now to ever dig themselves out unless either company comes out with something that is so innovative the cool factor returns. once you get that your set.
    I'm curious. At what point would you start to wonder whether there is something besides the "cool factor" at play? If you dismiss it then I guess it doesn't exist.
    07-09-15 11:44 AM
    I'm curious. At what point would you start to wonder whether there is something besides the "cool factor" at play? If you dismiss it then I guess it doesn't exist.
    I am not saying it is just the cool factor. The cool factor was got people to buy the iphone when it first came out.There is also the sheep mentality at play. People buy what there friends have. The other big issue with the tech industry once your on a platform and have spent time and money on it, it is hard to pick up and leave to another option unless they offer something different and lets be honest all smart phones do the exact same thing. Just present and do it in a different way.
    07-09-15 11:56 AM
    As for the App Gap. If BB or Microsoft sold half the phones android and apple sold there would be no app gap. You go where the people are and there aren't enough people using either of those products.
    07-09-15 11:59 AM
    Dead on. Today it is the perception of reality and not reality and truth that matter. It why idiots like Donald Trump get massive press coverage as opposed to the teacher that packs 30 meals each morning for the homeless public school students that can't always get breakfast. It is why despite the wealth that is out there in all of its forms it will always be misappropriated and the circus of folly will not end any time soon
    Until the Lord returns... :-)

I wish I was a billionaire, and could spend it all on making (disadvantaged) people happy...

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    07-10-15 01:51 AM
    Microsoft Finland has been hit the hardest
    2300 of the 3200 employees going home, and that is in Nokia's home country. The government isn't gonna like that

Hope everyone gets picked up by another company sooner or later

Posted via CB10
    Join Jolla, and create something... :-)

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    07-10-15 01:53 AM