I am currently employed by a McDonalds in Central Minnesota. I know that some of you have questions about how food is made, and our practices. I invite you to ask me anything that you may be curious about.
    DISCLAIMER: I can only speak for my store ( which I have omitted for safety reasons). Fire away!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 10:36 PM
    I am currently employed by a McDonalds in Central Minnesota. I know that some of you have questions about how food is made, and our practices. I invite you to ask me anything that you may be curious about.
    DISCLAIMER: I can only speak for my store ( which I have omitted for safety reasons). Fire away!

What oils do you guys deep fry in?
    07-07-09 11:21 PM
    is there any beef in the burgers?
    07-08-09 12:15 AM
    I prefer local hamburger places that are higher quality and just a little bit more... although I do miss the luxury of staying in my car
    07-08-09 12:16 AM
    Why can't I get a freakin' Double Cheese burger after midnight?!
    07-08-09 02:11 AM
    is it true a shake will set up solid if you let it sit in a cup? why do the drive up girls only have one tooth and call you honey?
    07-08-09 02:14 AM
    1. Our oils have no trans-fats, other than that I have no idea.

2. Yes, our burgers are 100% beef.

3. McDonalds feels that after midnight everyone wants breakfast again, because it is morning. I fully disagree with this, but not much that I can do.

4. A shake will not turn solid if left in a cup, it melts. Yes, the people that you see most times are at their spot because they look good. These people are your order-takers, and the people that hand you your food.

07-08-09 07:36 AM
    2. Yes, our burgers are 100% beef.

Actually I had a question about that, in Canada here the containers for a buger say something like "made with 100% alberta beef", they don't say "100% pure beef", to me that wording is carefully craftedto be misleading. Because what it is actually saying is that the beef that is used in it is 100% beef, but it doesnt actually say the entire burger is 100%....
    07-08-09 08:42 AM
    Because what it is actually saying is that the beef that is used in it is 100% beef, but it doesnt actually say the entire burger is 100%....
    So you want the buns, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, onions, cheese, etc-

To be made of beef?

07-08-09 09:38 AM
    LOL my McDonald's serves double cheeseburgers past midnight!

Guess I'm lucky.
    07-08-09 09:40 AM
    So you want the buns, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, onions, cheese, etc-

To be made of beef?

No Im talking about the patty, they describe it it as made WITH or FROM (I can't remember which off the top of my head) 100%...." not "100% pure"

There is a big difference between the two....
    07-08-09 09:50 AM
    I dunno.

Food is food-

As long as it's edible and tastes good, I really don't care what it's made from.

If you're hungry enough too- I'm sure you wouldn't mind either!
    07-08-09 09:56 AM
    Actually I had a question about that, in Canada here the containers for a buger say something like "made with 100% alberta beef", they don't say "100% pure beef", to me that wording is carefully craftedto be misleading. Because what it is actually saying is that the beef that is used in it is 100% beef, but it doesnt actually say the entire burger is 100%....
    I think the more important question is what grade of beef. Being 100% beef is
    worthless if it is 100% commercial grade or lower, and I believe most fast food places
    do not use beef above commercial.
    07-08-09 09:57 AM
    When McDonald's came out with their "premium Chicken Selects" they advertised them as 100% chicken..... if their "NEW" Chicken Selects are 100% chicken,,, WHAT IN THE WORLD were the old nuggets made out of ?!?!
    07-08-09 10:08 AM
    When McDonald's came out with their "premium Chicken Selects" they advertised them as 100% chicken..... if their "NEW" Chicken Selects are 100% chicken,,, WHAT IN THE WORLD were the old nuggets made out of ?!?!

i dont know but those nuggets cant be chicken. tastes like half chicken, half soylent green...
    07-08-09 10:24 AM
    The nuggets start out as a liquid chicken mixture and is flash frozen into the nugget shape, same with the McRib, they will grind up lips, snoots, feet, everything pretty much. Makes you think twice now...

07-08-09 10:31 AM
    Why do they keep adding cutesy stuff. Burgers, filet-o-fish, fries, shakes and sodas (and maybe a grilled chicken sandwich). That's McDonalds.

McDonald's is your kind of place
    Hamburgers in your face
    Milk shakes up your nose
    French fries between your toes

There are many variations.
    07-08-09 10:32 AM
    I remember when I was little- The nuggets were grey, and I would find little veins and stuff.

Unfortunately, I never knew any better to not eat it.

Spleh.
    07-08-09 10:37 AM
    Why do they keep adding cutesy stuff. Burgers, filet-o-fish, fries, shakes and sodas (and maybe a grilled chicken sandwich). That's McDonalds.

Hamburgers in your face
    Milk shakes up your nose
    French fries between your toes

There are many variations.
    Yea like snack wraps, and the newly added "Mac Wrap". (Pretty much a big mac in a tortilla.)

But I guess they need to keep up with food trends.

Now a days, your a bad person if you don't eat like a rabbit-

Being fat is a mortal sin.
    07-08-09 10:38 AM
    I hate the grilled chicken sandwich they have, the bun is way bigger than the chicken, drives me nuts...
    07-08-09 10:40 AM
    It's hilarious that any chicken related products at McDonald's are usually more unhealthy than the Burgers.

Seems backwards to me.

07-08-09 10:42 AM
    The nuggets start out as a liquid chicken mixture and is flash frozen into the nugget shape, same with the McRib, they will grind up lips, snoots, feet, everything pretty much. Makes you think twice now...

where do they find liquid chickens?!

j/k. i knew it had to be something like that. you can tell when you get a nugget and all the chicken is on 1 side of the "breading" and the other side is hollow.

now the mcrib... i dont see how people eat that. its very obviously not rib meat thats been deboned, you can tell its been molded into a rib shape. its like synthetic food from the future only it has no real nutrients. it just creeps me out.

i rarely eat mcdonald's anyway (it makes me sick, ill leave out the details) but this makes me ever more wary of eating there.
    07-08-09 10:43 AM
    Lips, snoots, aholes, hahaha!
    07-08-09 10:47 AM
    Sounds yummy?

Dominicans use a lot of that stuff mentioned in their cooking...
    07-08-09 10:50 AM
    That's what I hear Prada :P
    07-08-09 10:51 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD