What do you do with your Macbook Pro? I recently got the Macbook Pro Retina and it's so beautiful I wish I could do more with it! Eventually will get Photoshop so I can design and manipulate photos and such. What apps/programs do you use frequently? Free or paid whatever.

BBQ10
    01-11-14 02:10 PM
    Although there are a lot of Mac users here, you might have better luck asking this question over at the iMore forums.
    01-11-14 10:03 PM
    First thing I did was install Windows 7 Ultimate on my MacBook Pro using Bootcamp.

From my Z30 via CB10
    01-11-14 10:06 PM
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 8 Pro in VMware Fusion on my Pro. I have Adobe CS6 too...
    01-11-14 10:09 PM
    Microsoft Office: Mac 2011
    Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

My iMac is my main computer and the general repository for all my important files. I use my MacBook Air as an extension of the iMac. Linking to another Mac on your home network is so simple. I use my MBA for maintaining our lake association's communication system (email, Twitter) and for general connectivity to the world. Notes for our board meetings are done in MS Word, financials are kept on Excel, and presentations to the membership are on Power Point. The cross-platform compatibility of Office documents is what keeps me using the Microsoft solution instead of an alternative. Although I'm a Mac user, the world is still a very Windows-centric place, and a lot of the people with whom I share files are not very tech savvy. Just sending them a .docx file instead of a .doc file sends them into a tailspin.

My business has me dealing with .PDF files daily so I needed a powerful solution. I used the free Acrobat version for a while but last year I bit the bullet and went Pro. Our lake association just wrapped up a multi-year lawsuit (successfully) and Acrobat Pro came in handy with the mountain of legal documents I had to deal with as Recording Secretary and VP of the association.

Those are the main paid apps I use daily. I also use the basic OSX apps like Safari to access web accounts like Twitter and Gmail.
    01-12-14 10:22 AM
    I just use my Mac air as a Web browser when sitting on the couch. I hate the ipad, and as any BlackBerry owner knows, a keyboard is important. So the mac book it is. Small, light, great keyboard and battery life.

When I need to do serious computing, I fire up my i7 dell win8 desktop.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 11:08 AM
    I'm using a 2012 mac book pro, got it for engineering school primarily for X code. Now I'm using it to run technical analysis software for financial instruments. I didn't want windows as I prefer the interface on the mac.

Posted via my Z10
    01-13-14 03:58 AM
    Thank you for your feedback everyone. I tried going on Imore but they just seem mean to each other over there lol CB is much more friendly and informative haha!

BBQ10
    01-13-14 11:17 AM
    I bought a nice 27 inch Thunderbolt Display, Apple wireless keypboard and trackpad so that when I'm home I can just hook up the monitor and it will charge the Macbook, and automatically connect my ethernet, USB peripherals, and Time Capsule without putting lots of hours on the Macbook Pro screen. It's basically like having a desktop setup.
    01-13-14 11:36 AM
    I ran a small side business from my macbook pro with a Nikon D60 and DH1x along with various lenses.

Lightroom was my all time favourite I would also use Aperture from time to time. I found Photoshop just too big and cumbersome ( that's just my opinion I know many people use Photoshop) but Lightroom was it for me.

But so play around I Aperture when I ordered my 17 in I had it pre-installed. I'm not sure if it automatically comes with the newer model macs.
    Just remember it's not the latest and greatest software it's how creative you are.
    I've had various photos placed in magazines like Schmaps from sites around town that weren't even processed, just tweeked on camera.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 12:59 PM
    Everyday I am getting more and more used to the macbook pro - even numbers...jumping from excel to numbers was a nightmare but I'm slowly adapting

BBQ10
    01-23-14 03:26 PM