does anyone else start panicking when their battery gets low and you don't have a way to charge it? I usually charge mine overnight, but last night I didnt just to see how long the battery would last. Well today I was out and about and once it hit 50%, it started dropping quick. I started freaking out that I didnt have a car charger... I had to go buy one just to make sure my bb didnt die on me. It was the only thing I could think about, making sure my bb didnt die. Has anyone else had this problem???
    02-22-10 02:36 PM
    What's the worst that can happen if your BB dies on you? Oh no...you might be without a phone for a few hours - forcing you to spend time focusing on REAL people, loved ones, work, etc.

I love it when I run out of battery power mid-day.
    02-22-10 04:36 PM
    if Sprint ever gets the 9700, get it and you wont have to worry about your battery anymore
    02-22-10 06:22 PM
    I feel your pain, cbrown61. I have chargers at the office, in the car and at home to avoid losing battery strength.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 06:59 PM
    I bring a charger along in my handbag for just this eventuality. Not simply because I love my blackberry but also because there are many situations, no matter how improbable, where having a cellphone is a way to ensure one's safety. (Particularly since I'm female)

02-22-10 10:21 PM
    What's the worst that can happen if your BB dies on you? Oh no...you might be without a phone for a few hours - forcing you to spend time focusing on REAL people, loved ones, work, etc.

I love it when I run out of battery power mid-day.
    I think I may have found my kindred spirit. VERY well stated.
    02-22-10 11:01 PM
    I carry a spare battery. It's far less cumbersome than chargers.

if Sprint ever gets the 9700, get it and you wont have to worry about your battery anymore
    9700 is GSM. Sprint is CDMA. Sprint won't get GSM devices.
    02-22-10 11:07 PM
    some people don't have 'loved ones'...

i woke up this morning and my battery power was @ 60%. it was fully charged last night.
    turned it off, did a battery pull. (battery pull cause camera was acting up again - zoom feature not workin - battery pull fixes it)

i actually keep my phone on overnight but usually the battery is find in the morning. i wonder if BlackBerry network runs something overnight on occasions that can drain the battery?
    02-23-10 05:35 AM
    I carry a spare battery. It's far less cumbersome than chargers.

9700 is GSM. Sprint is CDMA. Sprint won't get GSM devices.
    thats why I said IF Sprint ever got one. Im well aware that Sprint and VZW are CDMA. thanks for your help
    02-23-10 05:56 AM
    I never seem to have this problem. I don't sweat the small stuff.
    02-23-10 06:59 AM
    lol I do, mostly just because I text with my husband to coordinate when he picks me up from work I keep my USB cable in my bag now so I can charge through my work computer if I forget to charge overnight or drain the battery too much downloading podcasts or something.
    02-23-10 08:09 AM
    I too have had that problem. Not just because I love my berry (which I do) but I also work 45 minutes away from home and I am not always in my office. If an emergency happens with my loved ones I want to know immediately and not by checking a voicemail after we get back in from a meeting or from a business lunch. It's a way of instant communication for my wife and I
    02-23-10 11:59 AM
    I never run into this problem, but if it did happen oh well not the end of the world.
    02-26-10 02:14 PM
    its just a phone and its not like it takes forever to charge right back up.
    if it's really a big deal to you just have a charger attached to it!
    Last edited by baberz; 03-02-10 at 09:57 AM.
    02-26-10 02:16 PM
    I've had my battery die on mi once; nd my batteryy lykks ta drain durin' thee dayy. Kinda don't mind; buhh its a lifesaver when yuhhr bored hehe.

02-26-10 07:03 PM
    they say you usually shouldn't charge your phone overnight. the battery gets "swollen" which can then cause your battery to go bad. i usually charge mine when my alarm clock goes off & i let it charge while i get ready in the morning.
    02-26-10 07:06 PM
    they say you usually shouldn't charge your phone overnight. the battery gets "swollen" which can then cause your battery to go bad. i usually charge mine when my alarm clock goes off & i let it charge while i get ready in the morning.
    Have a source?
    02-26-10 07:15 PM
    does anyone else start panicking when their battery gets low and you don't have a way to charge it? I usually charge mine overnight, but last night I didnt just to see how long the battery would last. Well today I was out and about and once it hit 50%, it started dropping quick. I started freaking out that I didnt have a car charger... I had to go buy one just to make sure my bb didnt die on me. It was the only thing I could think about, making sure my bb didnt die. Has anyone else had this problem???
    Never worried about that, always have a spare battery in my wallet
    02-27-10 08:19 PM
    Have a source?
    All batteries react the same. This is a known thing.
    02-27-10 08:20 PM
    Lately both of my batteries are acting weird they both drain fast! Its lame!

02-27-10 08:54 PM
    In fact... I barely make it through the day. I have always checked to ensure that everything is closed, but 1 day I let the phone completely die and it has never recovered. Frustrating.

02-27-10 08:56 PM
    portable usb charger. The one with an internal battery...
    03-24-10 08:20 PM
    I was in our LA office for 2 days and didnt bring a charger. Near the end of the 2nd day, it was getting down to one bar and i still had to fly home. I was able to draw a little from my laptop to hold me over. It might have been a little inconvenient, but not a big deal. What really sucked was that my Sirius S50 died out halfway thru the flight. I can live without a phone, but gotta have my Howard Stern! I usually bring my DIY portable 12-volt power unit, but TSA gets all jumpy about it. It's gotten swabbed extensively...
    03-24-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD