My brother is caught in a very tricky position. He was working at the Qatar energy sector and lost his job during the mass lay off there. And on top of that he will have to repay the loan he had taken within 3 months. In case he is unable to pay back he will be jailed. All of us are really tensed and doesn't know what to do. We have talked to a few mortgage dealers like The Financial Forum here in Toronto, so that we can take loan from them to repay the loan in Qatar. I hope everything turn out fine. Do you guys know anyone who is stuck in the same position?
    06-30-15 12:44 AM
    Pray maybe, and contacting old friends for help. anyways is this a forum for it?
    06-30-15 01:14 AM
    Pray maybe, and contacting old friends for help. anyways is this a forum for it?
    It's the off-topic sub forum, so it's for anything really here.

OP, I wish you and your brother luck. Your best bet is to get a loan on your own so you can pay his debt.

Maybe getting in contact with a Qatari lawyer and see what's his options are.

Posted via CB10
    BenyaminL likes this.
    06-30-15 01:49 AM
    It's the off-topic sub forum, so it's for anything really here.

OP, I wish you and your brother luck. Your best bet is to get a loan on your own so you can pay his debt.

Maybe getting in contact with a Qatari lawyer and see what's his options are.

Posted via CB10
    Oh okay.

Anyway stay strong man.
    06-30-15 06:56 AM
    Looks like Qatar has NO extradition treaty with Canada... Since the threat of a debtor's prison seems to be the troubling looming factor, I'd pull him out of Qatar and get him to Canada ASAP. Pay off the debt from the safety of another nation's border... Not sure how Canadian asylum laws work, but given Qatar's severed relations with the mighty Maple Leaf I'm pretty sure something could be worked out if your brother doesn't currently hold citizenship there. (Not sure what his citizenship status is so just throwing some things out there.)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:06 AM
    Get out of jail free card would be the right passport, and I don't mean the phone. :-)

What was the loan for again? Is there any value left of what was purchased (as a security) or was it an unsecured loan and the money already spent for consumer goods?

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 07-06-15 at 04:44 PM.
    07-06-15 05:00 AM