Last year I got involved in a transformation contest at a local gym. I lost 45 lbs (which is a huge amount for little ole me at 5'1"). I felt great. I actually had abs. After the contest and for personal/financial reasons I quit the gym and the weight drifted back on. Well I have to say Crackberry does it again. I was thinking about getting back into it, and today I joined again. I loved working out. It sort of became addiction. Thanks kiddos for the motivation!!!!!
    01-28-10 09:07 PM
    Yea its a little hard when I am stressed about a lot of things. Maybe once I start I am cut back.
    Exercise will help with the stress. And struggling with something because of a bad habit is, well self inflicted and not something you really want to use as an "excuse".

If you can't run, walk, can't walk, crawl, can't crawl....call the medics!
    01-29-10 02:19 AM
    Didn't Atkins die of obesity?
    No actually he died, a few days after slipping on ice and cracking his head on the ground, causing his brain to swell (he never came out of the coma). He also according to his wife and his doctor, retained fluid (when you are out they do tend to pump you full of fluids), and I have seen 98lb people, get to over 200 pounds due to retained fluids while in comas.
    01-29-10 02:23 AM
    I'm doing the same thing as the OP. I am 29 smoker weighing 275. I used to drink 2 20oz Mountain Dews & 1 12oz everyday. Eating fast food like it was going out of style. I have quit drinking sodas went to water & been watching my carbs. I have lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks. I'm wanting to get to 220 that is a good weight for me as I am 6'2". To the OP good job keep it up it will be worth it in the end!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 07:55 AM
    Congratulations!!! I stopped drinking soda 2 years ago, and granted it didnt make me lose weight(since I didnt drink it often) It helped me keep weight off.. from June- Dec of last year, I lost 40 lbs just by drinking solely water(no exercise cause my knees are horrible-I need knee replacement surgery at age 22!!!!) I had to cut back on my pasta intake lol but I did it... 60 lbs by Jan 1 is my goal this year.
    02-05-10 08:08 AM
    I'm working on losing weight too! I just got the Wii Fit and I absolutely love it! I walk at the park a couple times a week and now I'm adding a routine of using my Wii Fit to it. Wish me luck!
    02-20-10 05:51 PM
    You guys are so motivational!!! I'm currently in a weight loss competiton among my friends. I've changed what and how much I'm eating, and I exercise quite regularly, but I'm slow to see changes . It's frustrating, for sure. I think my biggest obstacle is my weekend drinking. I like a good beer or glass of wine (or 3 or 4) during the weekend, and I think that needs to stop if I'm going to see any serious weight loss.

I've actually created a bbm group for weight loss and fitness support, if anyone would like to join. It's fairly active. If you're interested, pin me!

215BAFA2

02-22-10 01:47 PM
    My Cardiologist wants me to go on a 1200 calorie a day diet! I said yea RIGHT, maybe 1200 a meal I can do.
    02-22-10 01:52 PM
    My Cardiologist wants me to go on a 1200 calorie a day diet! I said yea RIGHT, maybe 1200 a meal I can do.
    LOL thats funny! 1200 is ridiculous. Start closer to what you need to maintain you weight, and shave off 200-400...
    02-22-10 03:21 PM
    take it easy on your heart man. seriously.
    you can consider taking 'lipitor' to reduce your cholesterol to lower risk of heart attack.

how did you lose weight so fast? did you go vegetarian?
    i have replaced my lunches with 4 or 5 slices of white bread. been losing around a kilo a week
    02-22-10 03:45 PM
    good luck!!
    02-22-10 05:15 PM
    1,200 a day is easy dude.
    02-22-10 05:19 PM
    Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, pasta is also good, eat little meat. but if you do make sure its as lean as possible. exercise is good even if its a brisk walk something is better than nothing and don't think your fat start to think positively this will also help you. if you think negatively then you'll see yourself in a negative light, think positive then you'll start to see a different you.
    02-23-10 12:02 AM
    Good job OP! About 7 months ago I was having chest pains and always too stubborn to go the docs, so decided that night I was tired of being a fat pig and feeling sorry for myself. Also wanted to be around for my kids. I have since then went from 332 and I am currently 245. So pushing close to 90 pounds of fat loss and went from 35% body fat down to 24%. I still have a long way to go till I hit my main goal of under 200, but I am getting there. Basically I did it by counting every calorie that enters my mouth and I work out 1 hour a day 3-4 days a week at home on my bowflex and Wii fit. Keep up the good work and stay focused!! Now if I could get my wife to lose some weight! She is so unhappy with herself.

02-23-10 01:30 AM
    Good job OP! About 7 months ago I was having chest pains and always too stubborn to go the docs, so decided that night I was tired of being a fat pig and feeling sorry for myself. Also wanted to be around for my kids. I have since then went from 332 and I am currently 245. So pushing close to 90 pounds of fat loss and went from 35% body fat down to 24%. I still have a long way to go till I hit my main goal of under 200, but I am getting there. Basically I did it by counting every calorie that enters my mouth and I work out 1 hour a day 3-4 days a week at home on my bowflex and Wii fit. Keep up the good work and stay focused!! Now if I could get my wife to lose some weight! She is so unhappy with herself.
    Good job, keep it up!! To help the wife, you are going too have to do a little family exercise. Something along the lines of family outings. Daily, nightly walks or bike rides, weekly bike rides, bowling, walks, picnic hikes. The wife is more likely to join in if the entire family is doing it. If she brings up the excuse about watching TV, tell her PVRs and VCRs were made for that. And it helps when the excuse of time pops up, that you just say plain and simple, "WE hav e time to watch X number of hours of TV." "And we can watch TV anytime if it's recorded." And not too many people die from a 45 min walk before or after dinner, especially when dinner is cooked and cleaned up by hubby or in the crock pot.

The eating will be another matter, but if you do a few meals a week, that will help. If the kids are old enough to help plan a couple of meals a week, all the better. Make a healthy meals chart and have them pick items from it to build a healthy meal or two during the week. You putting the food items on the chart, helps to keep it from being a pizza and fries kinda meal.

And of course you could ask her to join you, in your exercise and meal planning. You already know making comments and jokes don't work. But in the end, if she does not want to join in, you still need to do it for you and the kids.

And she has for certain noticed your weight loss and changes in how you eat. She may have even made a few comments about you not needing to lose any more weight, or that you will only put it back on later. That's just some of her fear of whatever may be holding her back, ignore it. Keep encouraging her and the kids to join you. If you have dogs, it's a great time to add them to your daily routines, they need exercise too.
    02-23-10 05:35 AM
    Its a struggle for me to run since I am a smoker.
    Don't worry. I can't run to save my soul and I'm not even a smoker. Building endurance is impossible for me. Lol
    02-23-10 07:05 AM
    Good job, keep it up!! To help the wife, you are going too have to do a little family exercise. Something along the lines of family outings. Daily, nightly walks or bike rides, weekly bike rides, bowling, walks, picnic hikes. The wife is more likely to join in if the entire family is doing it. If she brings up the excuse about watching TV, tell her PVRs and VCRs were made for that. And it helps when the excuse of time pops up, that you just say plain and simple, "WE hav e time to watch X number of hours of TV." "And we can watch TV anytime if it's recorded." And not too many people die from a 45 min walk before or after dinner, especially when dinner is cooked and cleaned up by hubby or in the crock pot.

The eating will be another matter, but if you do a few meals a week, that will help. If the kids are old enough to help plan a couple of meals a week, all the better. Make a healthy meals chart and have them pick items from it to build a healthy meal or two during the week. You putting the food items on the chart, helps to keep it from being a pizza and fries kinda meal.

And of course you could ask her to join you, in your exercise and meal planning. You already know making comments and jokes don't work. But in the end, if she does not want to join in, you still need to do it for you and the kids.

And she has for certain noticed your weight loss and changes in how you eat. She may have even made a few comments about you not needing to lose any more weight, or that you will only put it back on later. That's just some of her fear of whatever may be holding her back, ignore it. Keep encouraging her and the kids to join you. If you have dogs, it's a great time to add them to your daily routines, they need exercise too.
    Thanks for the kind words and motivation.

My wife and I do things together, but is more about going out to eat of the movies........last thing on our minds is to go workout, but I might have to revamp my thinking as it might really help out with her. We don't get to many nights away from the kids and honestly never thought to go on a walk...granted the weather has been pretty crappy here.....definitely something to think on come spring time.

We do like to watch a lot of TV as we are home 95% of the time with 2 little ones in 2 and a half an 7 months old and takes up a lot of our time....not to mention my wife still breast feeds, which is harder for her to lose weight.....and her job stresses her the F out, which is probably most of it as she is drained even on her days off. I know she would feel better if she could knock of the weight. I know it did wonders for me and my outlook on life.

As far as planning ahead, I have a fool proof way of doing that, just takes some dedication......I will now and always swear by counting calories. I log everything on fitday.com and hit my mark everyday........well okay, most days, lol! I have tried to tell her it is this simple, but need to stick with it.

She tried it for a month, lost a few pounds and then gave up as she wasn't seeing the weight come off her like it did me. I tried to explain to her that women and men are different and our metabolisms vary, but she just brushed it off as she says she is too tired to worry about it.

I wish she could find a different job, however she makes pretty good money.....

Oh well, such is life. Maybe once summer comes along and we could do more stuff as a family outside it will change.....hopefully. She really is unhappy, which brings me down, unfortunately.

I love my wife, but want to be happy to and right now not happy, besides spending time with my kids.

Nothing like airing out the dirty laundry......well not really dirty, but you get the point, lol! Sometimes it helps talking about stuff to complete strangers, lol!
    02-23-10 03:04 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD