Prostrate cancer if caught reasonably early is one that you can live with. My father in law has had it for years, he's now 81.... his prostrate cancer has been held in check with use of estrogen. He's still going strong and very happily surprised that he's still with us as he never expected to live this long. We are delighted. so ask your doctor about estrogen and don't let them tell you to come back in six months, that's far too long a time period.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sam81 like this.
    06-27-15 10:36 AM
    Be strong, you will definitely over come this hurdle! Cancer is an ugly disease but the beauty of life after cancer is worth fighting for!!
    Wanna share one famous quote with you -:

" You have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.� � Lance Armstrong

The battle with cancer is long and hard, but this is one battle you will be glad you fought.

God bless you

Posted via CB10
    jafobabe and sam81 like this.
    06-27-15 10:59 AM
    A relative of a friend of mine healed himself completely using Rick Simpson oil.. this thing is real.. don't worry man.. chances that some of us will have cancer one day is very high thanks for the ones who are banning the cure I mentioned ;-)
    06-27-15 11:04 AM
    Yesterday I told my first non family member while at my sons game. He was there when my wife was going through her seizures and rehab so I figured he would be one of the first to know. He was shocked and in disbelieve. I had to educate him on what PSA was since he didn't know what it meant and he too goes to the bathroom a lot so he became worried as well, lol.....he told me that he would have never thought I'd have "it" because I'm always jumping around and don't look like "I would have "it".....I guess I'll be hearing that a lot.......cancer does not discriminate. And you cannot tell if a person has it......so I have a lot of educating to do to my friends....its not just for old people or those who smoke or drink or whatever........
    sam81 likes this.
    06-28-15 09:15 AM
    MB, I am saddened to hear of your plight. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Though my mother and I have not had that form of Cancer, we did fight our own forms, and I have been in remission for over 30yrs. My Mother had been told when I was 7yrs old that she only had 6 mos to live........ well she proved them wrong.... she lived to see her Grandchildren into their pre-teen years! She has passed now, not from Cancer, but from pneumonia, caused by the chemical and radiation treatments taken earlier.
    A lot depends on your state of mind and how badly you want to beat this... An upbeat "I'm going to Live My Life" to the fullest, and damn the torpedos attitude, goes a long way. Take each day and live it to the fullest and when you wake up, praise the universe above that you woke up breathing like I do.
    Cancer can be stopped for many forms of Cancer, and also the Lupis that your wife is going through. There are many people who have gone into remission for years, You may want to read up on other ways to treat these diseases too, besides the pills and radiation. JMHO.

Nightly Prayers are on my list! send me a PM and I can give you some links to read if you want.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 06-28-15 at 03:05 PM.
    sam81 likes this.
    06-28-15 02:53 PM
    So today I decided to tell 13 year old son. We were home, relaxing....why wait till tomorrow? Why keep waiting? Then tomorrow I'd find another reason to postpone the news. So I called them into the living room ( my 17 year old step son as well), my wife was like " shouldn't you have them take a seat?"..I said no, let's just get straight to the topic. So I told them the problem I've been having going to the bathroom often, getting checked last week and then getting the results on Friday.....they were speechless at first, didn't say much. I assured them there was treatment and cures for it. So it would be a long road, it was just the beginning. They had no questions. My son is one to hide his feelings and act all tough ( gets that from me I think, lol) so maybe when he's with his mother he'll open up to her.....but as for now, he's showing no signs of sadness.......this is what he did minutes after our conversation......lol....fighting cancer-imageuploadedbycb-forums1435537265.034141.jpg
    06-28-15 07:21 PM
    The was really brave of you. Kids nowadays are smart and understanding (most of them). You feel like they grow up too early.
    He'll handle it alright.. but also it wouldn't be crazy to expect a breakdown. Be both reassuring and honest. Don't sugar coat.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    06-28-15 08:59 PM
    The was really brave of you. Kids nowadays are smart and understanding (most of them). You feel like they grow up too early.
    He'll handle it alright.. but also it wouldn't be crazy to expect a breakdown. Be both reassuring and honest. Don't sugar coat.

Posted via CB10
    When his uncle passed last year he was the same way. He showed no emotion till one day when we were looking over some pictures. We told him that it was ok to cry, at that point he did....and he let it all out.....we assured him that it was ok and that there is nothing wrong with crying when you lose a loved onefighting cancer-imageuploadedbycb-forums1435547151.169575.jpg
    06-28-15 10:05 PM
    Friday after leaving the Dr. I went back to work and told my branch manager. Knowing that I'd be taking some time off from work whether for more appts, or after treatment, I just didn't know from what....but I didn't want to wait till the last minute, Ive been there for a little less than a year so I wanted to prepare him for what was to come. He let me know he was there if I needed anything.....on Monday he told our HR rep and she took me into her office and where she had some papers to give me to show the Dr. On my next visit in case I needed to go on light duty after radiation showing what my job requirements are, etc......telling me they would find work for me indoors in a/c because I couldn't work outdoors or in the warehouse....etc.....depending what kind of treatment I'd get......at that point it hit me.......and for the first time since Friday, "I shed a tear or two"...again, not knowing what to expect, a tidal wave of the unknown.....she hugged me and I continued my day until the company president called me into his office. When he calls you into his office you should be scared, lol, you've either done something bad or being acknowledged for doing something good, and I haven't done either.....so I knew what I was going in there for.....he told me that his inlaw had the same thing and was doing well, to keep a positive attitude, if there was anything he could do let him know, financially.....anything....they are there for me....again, a tear or two came down my face........Good to know I work for people like that.
    06-30-15 07:05 AM
    Living with cancer is all about keeping your mind body and spirit strong. Try your best to keep your spirit up by not giving up and keeping your spirit to live. Chemo and radiation is the hardest thing you'll ever go through. There will be days you will be so tired you won't be able to eat or talk. Be gentle with yourself and seek ou support in your community. It's the 4 1/2yr mark for me and still there are days where the nerve damage from chemo prevents me from doing things. But due to science and research I beat a rare form of Non-hodgkins B-Cell Lymphoma. The chemo and bone marrow transplant was the hardest thing I ever went through. Reach out for any help!
    sam81 likes this.
    06-30-15 07:16 AM
    Living with cancer is all about keeping your mind body and spirit strong. Try your best to keep your spirit up by not giving up and keeping your spirit to live. Chemo and radiation is the hardest thing you'll ever go through. There will be days you will be so tired you won't be able to eat or talk. Be gentle with yourself and seek ou support in your community. It's the 4 1/2yr mark for me and still there are days where the nerve damage from chemo prevents me from doing things. But due to science and research I beat a rare form of Non-hodgkins B-Cell Lymphoma. The chemo and bone marrow transplant was the hardest thing I ever went through. Reach out for any help!
    I will. Thanks. CB has been a great escape for me when dealing with my wife's lupus and now with my battle. And guys. Don't think that your posts are going to waste. I will go through the thread and look at each and every post and write down all of the tips, suggestions and recommendations that you guys provide. Thanks again.
    sam81 likes this.
    06-30-15 07:28 AM
    Try to replace your drinking water with alkaline water. Cancer thrives when the body is in a acidic state. Alkaline water will help your immune system bolster the removal of cancer cells.
    bungaboy, sam81 and CivilDissident like this.
    06-30-15 07:30 AM
    Hi Prostrate Cancer is 100% curable at any stage, you may need to undergo medication which you can discuss with your son once a full diagnosis is done.. cheers

Posted via my favorite Passport
    CivilDissident, bungaboy and sam81 like this.
    06-30-15 07:30 AM
    MB, man I'm sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you and your family. I couldn't imagine going through your battle with cancer on top of what your wife has been going through. While I didn't have prostate, I was diagnosed in 2012 with state 3C colon cancer. I had lost well over 60 pounds and anyone that seem me thought I was dying. The news hit my wife and I like a ton of bricks and I just hit the floor crying. My daughters at the time were 15, 13 and 10. They took it better than I would have thought. The most important thing is a positive attitude. Through 6 months of chemo, 31 radiation treatments and even to this day all the checkups I always keep my head high. You'll get through this and come out on the other side stronger!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    sam81, bungaboy and moody like this.
    07-01-15 08:17 AM
    First my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

My wife and I decided to tell our 13 year old daughter about the impending double mastectomy that was scheduled two weeks after we told her about the cancer.
    Our kids are stronger than we think they are, glad you told your son.

You can and will beat this.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    bungaboy, sam81 and moody like this.
    07-01-15 12:06 PM
    When should I expect the "blue stuff" to hit the market?
    sam81 likes this.
    07-01-15 01:16 PM
    When should I expect the "blue stuff" to hit the market?
    You lost me on that one.....
    sam81 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:02 PM
    You lost me on that one.....
    Breaking Bad reference.
    sam81 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:03 PM
    Lol, I had to ask someone at work.....I don't watch breaking bad.....
    sam81 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:15 PM
    Breaking Bad reference.
    I think I'll just stick to working overtime and maybe opening up a lemonade stand with the kids for now 😉
    sam81 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:19 PM
    Sorry to hear. God bless you on your way. Keep your spirit up. Get lots of vitamins, natural and other. Megadose vitamin has helped many, in addition to conventional treatment. It does not hurt or interfere...

All the best. Big smile. :-D

(I have been taking mega C for years, and aged visibly a lot less than my peers during the "party hard years", and immune system always up! )

*** Z10 posted while waiting for Zlider ***
    sam81 likes this.
    07-02-15 08:00 AM
    Sorry to hear. God bless you on your way. Keep your spirit up. Get lots of vitamins, natural and other. Megadose vitamin has helped many, in addition to conventional treatment. It does not hurt or interfere...

All the best. Big smile. :-D

(I have been taking mega C for years, and aged visibly a lot less than my peers during the "party hard years", and immune system always up! )

*** Z10 posted while waiting for Zlider ***
    I used to take multi vitamins for years and I stopped taking them because GNC stopped making that specific kind of vitamin. It was a one a day type.....maybe I need to go back to ANY kind of multi vitamin....my wife started me on one this week. I'll post a picture of it later. It has vitamin B and some other stuff.
    sam81 likes this.
    07-02-15 08:12 AM
    This has D3, E, B-12, calcium, magnesium, zinc, saw palmetto....fighting cancer-imageuploadedbycb-forums1435873974.225792.jpg
    sam81 likes this.
    07-02-15 04:52 PM
    OP, I too am a cancer survivor and it's a bitter sweet group to be a member of. Bitter b/c I had cancer, sweet b/c I'm surviving.

My daughter was 11 & my son 18 when I was diagnosed. They handled it GREAT! As another poster stated, kids are stronger than we give them credit for.

While ANY cancer diagnosis is scary, prostate has a very very high cure rate. My father in law was diagnosed with it last year and at 87 yrs old dr said he's all clear now.

I was diagnosed in 2008 w/ aggressive breast cancer. It took 2 surgeries and 18 months of chemo treatments to beat it. I have been in remission now since 2009.

And it was much harder on my husband and mother than it was on me. They were terrified they'd lose me. I knew I wasn't going to let them
    We have a cancer BBM group if you'd like to join us please BBM me your PIN.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    07-05-15 11:03 PM
    OP, I too am a cancer survivor and it's a bitter sweet group to be a member of. Bitter b/c I had cancer, sweet b/c I'm surviving.

My daughter was 11 & my son 18 when I was diagnosed. They handled it GREAT! As another poster stated, kids are stronger than we give them credit for.

While ANY cancer diagnosis is scary, prostate has a very very high cure rate. My father in law was diagnosed with it last year and at 87 yrs old dr said he's all clear now.

I was diagnosed in 2008 w/ aggressive breast cancer. It took 2 surgeries and 18 months of chemo treatments to beat it. I have been in remission now since 2009.

And it was much harder on my husband and mother than it was on me. They were terrified they'd lose me. I knew I wasn't going to let them
    We have a cancer BBM group if you'd like to join us please BBM me your PIN.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    PM sent
    07-06-15 06:05 PM
137 1234 ...