I'm just wondering how to make a unboxing video! I've seen lots of unboxing videos on youtube for lots of phones lately and now I just want to know how to make one! Do I need a specific camera? Specific Angle? Specific software? Just give me some steps/details about how to do it. Thanks a bunch!

BeBolder
    11-10-08 11:39 PM
    I'm just wondering how to make a unboxing video! I've seen lots of unboxing videos on youtube for lots of phones lately and now I just want to know how to make one! Do I need a specific camera? Specific Angle? Specific software? Just give me some steps/details about how to do it. Thanks a bunch! BeBolder
    Use any camera you want to use, just make sure it can produce a clear video, with good focus. A well lit video, with a steady hand, or tripod is key. So for my money, make sure the camera is not moving and jerking around showing everything but what you are trying to show off. If you show me a dog I want to see a dog, not a webcam view of the table he's sitting on.

There is nothing worse, than trying to watch a video that tries to show off something and all you see is the floor, the people standing next whatever it is, lights in the ceiling, etc... from the viewers point of view, the camera man has fleas or needs to use the bathroom.

There are no hard and fast step by step rules, other than know your camera, make sure the item is lit well and in focus, and that the audio is understandable.The person doing the talking on the video, should be able to speak and be understood by most people in his or her native tongue.

Also audio should not be picking up other things, like TV or radio in another room, kids yelling in the background, your mom screaming at you to take out the trash. (might be funny though) You would be surprised at the things you normally block out, that will be picked up on a video's audio, so do the video in a quiet area.

Best thing to do is to watch a few videos that others have done, and write down the points you liked about what they went over, and add the things you felt were left out that you would like to heard or seen in the video.

Make a few test runs and practice showing off the item you are "unboxing" and watch the video and decide if it's something you would want to see.

And above all, have fun and do it in your own style. Then let us see what you got tiger!
    11-11-08 03:02 AM
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Would it also work if you have a webcam?
    11-11-08 10:55 AM
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Would it also work if you have a webcam?
    I don't see why not, considering a lot of those youtube in the same room with the computer videos are done using web cams.

Just remember, LIGHTING, FOCUS, STEADY CAMERA, CLEAR AUDIO and you will do just fine.
    11-11-08 03:18 PM
    Thanks, I'll keep those things in mind when I make one or any video!
    11-12-08 07:07 AM
    what are you unboxing?
    11-12-08 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD