I have had the BB for about 4 months now (a newbie to many). I can honestly say, that my life was "normal" before I discovered this hand held device from ****. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Maybe a bit too much. I have met some great people and not so great people in the last 4 months. I have deleted many and kept some that I now can call friends. This little machine has changed me (in some good ways and in some bad). I am not as productive at work or at home. I live for the sound of the "ping" to see who wants to talk to me. You always wonder who is on the other end. Are they for real? In a world were it is more and more difficult to meet poeple with common ground, this little hand held helps with that. Many of the people I have chatted with have made me laugh out loud. Mind you, a little weird when in the bathroom (and don't tell me you don't take this into the bathroom with you). Of course, there are the ones that are "happily married" but seem to be able to have a conversation with you and not their wives. Those are the ones I have deleted. The people who invented this machine, must have known what it would do to us. I use to go to bed at a normal time. Now I seem to be able to live on little sleep, having long conversations with the "ping" on the other end. This is my new life, and I wouldn't change a thing.
    10-13-08 05:21 PM
    Oh so very true.......
    10-13-08 05:23 PM
    Lol, welcome to Crackberry. You will be right at home.
    10-13-08 05:27 PM
    Yes. I have certainly met some interesting folk as well

I had a blackberry many years ago...then switched to an iPhone. Then was given a blackberry for med school and will never go back. At this point losing the friends I've made is the biggest reason not to switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 05:37 PM
    this is very true...I also have met some very "interesting" people with this BB...I don't concentrate at work as much as I used to, or need to...if I get a text at 4 in the morning, something makes me get up and read it; that didn't happen before I got this phone....but through all the good and bad times, I LOVE this BB

Last edited by dukes011; 10-13-08 at 05:46 PM.
    10-13-08 05:43 PM
    You seem to have found out the same thing I did: They're definitely addictive, sometimes to the point of losing sleep.

Its only taken less than a month for me to realize it though. . Yikes.

You're not all that addicted though as you didn't type that from your bb. I have barely touched a computer since I've had this little electronic communications wonder. Lol

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-13-08 at 07:21 PM.
    10-13-08 07:17 PM
    I am constantly checking mine. The only time I can't is at work. I have to use my computer there due to the fact there is too much rf interference to use any phone.

10-13-08 07:56 PM
    Yeh, get the same thing with my phone at work. But I manage to speak on the phone and hold the bb just so, that it won't do that. Now that is bad.
    10-13-08 08:22 PM
    I knew it could be bad when I started to get irritated when someone would call while I was in the middle of helping someone upgrade or just posting something.

10-14-08 12:19 AM
    Ok I got issues....first paddygirl I am one of those "happily married" but I don't conversate with anyone more than wife. In fact I don't bombard the contacts that I have with BBM because I don't want to be confused with the "I'm married but lets get personal." kind of guys.

Anyways...it is 12:35 in Wisconsin....both my 'Berry's are on the couch beside me...Star Trek Voyager is on (blame my mother) and here I sit typing on CB.

Just saw a BB Storm commerical....the one where the Storm is on a table face down on a table and the guy picks it up...picture goes black and he says "Whoa!"
    10-14-08 12:41 AM
    I'm in the bathroom right now! Wooooot!

10-14-08 08:38 AM
    I'm in the bathroom right now! Wooooot!

So wrong!!!!LOL
    10-14-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD