I'm seriously anticipating having a panic attack while lounging on the beach in Mexico -- this will be the first time I am away from my baby. for a whole week! 7 days!

I have to leave it at home because my carrier Telus has absolutely no coverage in Mexico....and I guess even if they did, the roaming charges would cost me an arm and a leg.

I want to bring my Macbook for emails, but even my fiance is advising against it as he just wants us to r-e-l-a-x...

Oh dearie!

I'm having bad dreams already....
    01-09-09 11:17 PM
    You are a better man/woman that I am. In the 11th hour on my trip to Vegas that was going to be all about fun and relaxation I took the berry. Much like American Express don't leave home with out it...good luck.
    01-10-09 02:07 PM
    I feel your pain! I leave on a cruise to Mexico in April and will be without mine for 5 days! I am already stressing about it!
    01-10-09 02:15 PM
    Ah take it with you! i was up in remote-no-people-let-alone-reception land the other week and i'd turn it on every now and then and wander around till i got a few bars to keep up to date! Better the phone than the macbook

if you take it on the plane take the battery out or turn the mobile part off. I always forget and it turns its self on mid flight then starts beeping when the planes landing because i get reception and messages coming in. everyone glares at you like you are trying to bring the plane down
    01-10-09 02:59 PM
    I feel your pain! I leave on a cruise to Mexico in April and will be without mine for 5 days! I am already stressing about it!
    I wouldn't go!
    01-10-09 03:28 PM
    Hahahaha! I paid for the cruise right before I got my Curve! Had I known how hard it will be to go.........I would not have booked it!
    01-10-09 03:36 PM
    Im on a break at the moment on the coast and my carrier has no reception up here, but I brought my BB anyway and am paying an extortionate $1.65/mb for my data haha.
    Couldn't bear to leave it at home.
    01-10-09 10:38 PM
    I'm seriously anticipating having a panic attack while lounging on the beach in Mexico -- this will be the first time I am away from my baby. for a whole week! 7 days!

I have to leave it at home because my carrier Telus has absolutely no coverage in Mexico....and I guess even if they did, the roaming charges would cost me an arm and a leg.

I want to bring my Macbook for emails, but even my fiance is advising against it as he just wants us to r-e-l-a-x...

Oh dearie!

I'm having bad dreams already....
    Just take it with you, you can turn the radio off and still just have it with you. Lol. just hold back tempation to dial out and make calls or text people! lol good luck though, if it were me, i would just take it and suck up the cost of using it.
    01-10-09 10:41 PM
    no wifi where you are staying??
    01-10-09 10:44 PM
    Yeah, doesn't the 8330 have Wi-Fi?

You could just turn off the mobile network and use Wi-Fi to connect for internet and emails and stuff. Paying a bit to use Wi-Fi at the hotel is much better than roaming charges.

Doesn't sound like your fiance understands your need to have it around. If you bought him one maybe he'd understand.
    01-15-09 06:40 PM
    No the 8330 has gps. No wi fi
    01-15-09 06:57 PM
    HaHa. Wow, I understand. I had to attent a camping trip and couldn't bring it blah blah. and I was dying without it..
    01-15-09 08:43 PM
    Ugh yea I went to Israel and said I was just going to bring my storm for taking pictures because my camera was broken... The radio was on by day 6... Just leave it @ home. the data charges are not worth it.
    01-26-09 08:19 AM
    Data charges will get you... Leave it at home. Since you don't have a SIM card the charges will find you... I know that with SIM cards just take it out
    01-27-09 03:40 AM
    Wow. I don't think I could ever do that. Um, probably I would pick a place that I COULD use my berry! I am so addicted...
    02-04-09 01:57 PM
    Why do people say to leave all your **** at home when going to relax? I've been to Cancun, and let me tell you, the locals are kind of scary and most of your time will be spent soaking up the sun, water, and alcohol. Take your laptop to relax with in your down time, but I assure you the beautiful blue water and warm sun will keep you off of it when need be!
    02-05-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD