So I am considering attending Law School when I finish my undergraduate work in a little while. I know that people have both negative and positive perspectives about attorneys. I was wondering if anyone would care to share their thoughts but please keep it respectful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 09:37 PM
    I didn't go to law school but have a lot of friends who did and saw them go through the whole process of studying for the LSAT and applying to schools. I think the main piece of advice I got from observing all their efforts is that you really should have a passion for the law, Constitution, and/or justice because it's a really big challenge.
    08-01-08 11:56 PM
    I'll chime in on this with you later..I think I may be of help (hopefully at least) :-). For now all I will/can say is that it requires passion; yes..but no; its not passion for the constitution, its not passion for the justice system, its not passion for law. Passion is a strong word.

08-02-08 01:18 AM
    I know that it is quite a bit of work, I've done my research but I guess my main question is, is it worth it in the end?

08-02-08 08:43 AM
    I know that it is quite a bit of work, I've done my research but I guess my main question is, is it worth it in the end?

Law is worth it if you make it worth it. It all depends on what you want to do with a law degree. Law school isn't cheap; I'm $133,000 in loan-debt because of it (and I didn't even go to a first tier law school!) Don't let people tell you that you have to go to a name-brand law school (Harvard, Yale) in order for your law career to be worth it...no way.

There are a few more variables to look at that deal w/ the monetary, time and work aspects of law school. But shoot me a PM and let me know which school(s); and which particular area of law you're interested in..we can discuss it then.

08-02-08 09:16 AM
    Why do you say I'll enjoy the socratic method of teaching? By the way my pin is: pin:3028b6a1, PIN me if you want. I have very few BB friends much less someone I would really like to learn more from.

08-02-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD