People don't understand the reason behind 7/8 users buying it (one bought it by accident)

I see that red symbol on someone's phone, I know they got $$$. If you got millions of dollars, what is $1000 is what they are trying to say.

Who knows, maybe they are celebs.

I know I wouldn't, but a lot of people like to show it (their $$$) off.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-08-08 at 09:43 PM.
    08-08-08 09:41 PM
    ouch!!!!!!!
    08-08-08 10:10 PM
    i wish i had it....
    i would have bought it!
    08-09-08 03:11 PM
    I agree that is ridiculous!

But your generalization and condescending attitude aimed at Mac Users really does not please me!

I have been a loyal Mac User my entire life... and I do not consider myself to be snobbish, elitist, or the likes. I personally prefer using a Mac and I really enjoy my computer, but I would NEVER spend that much money on an application, especially one for a mobile device!! I know you are trying to point out the stupidity of these select few who purchased an entirely pointless application for their iPhone... but you should not lump all iPhone users into the same category, and you should really not lump iPhone users in along with Mac Users! A large chunk of iPod and iPhone users have probably never owned or used a Mac (unless in an Apple store)!

Targeting a group of people as large as all of the iPhone users and then making a generalization pointed at Mac Users really does not make sense There will be stupid people who flaunt there money on stupid crap wherever you look! Maybe you should target them, instead of all Mac Users...

I am an open-minded person who does not think I am an elitist. And, yes, I am a Mac User. And, yes, I prefer OSX Leopard over Windows XP or Vista. (I actually have an XP Pro SP3 virtual machine and Vista VM set up on my Mac)... just because I own a Mac does not make me an arrogant, b*tchy, snobby, elitist! I really enjoy my computer, but I do not think I am better than anyone else because I own it... and I will not stand on a street corner and preach for Apple.

Thank you for listening...
    Not to step on any toes....

But I am an apple certified technician and his generalization DOES fit many mac/iphone/ipod/etc users.... Not saying EVERY person who owns an apple product is like that...I own an ipod and love it, but the only reason I own one of their systems is because I need OSX to do my job and the apple EULA won't let OSX be installed on non-apple hardware. But I would say 75% of my customers are the snobby, cult-of-apple, people who like everyone to know that they own a mac.

Why do you think the macbook & macbook pros come in different colors. White MB>>Black MB>>Silver MBPro each color is more than the one before it... How would other people know how much you paid for your mac otherwise...j/k but the major difference btwn the black MB and the mid range white MB is the color $200 dollar difference for 90gb larger HDD... its a status symbol and for some they MUST have it...

OK i'm done ranting.... peace and "May Jobs be with you!"
    08-11-08 05:54 PM
    Thats crazy I saw something on that on yahoo news but didn't think much of it then.
    08-12-08 04:31 PM
    Any of you guys see that new iPhone app "I Am Rich" that cost $1000 and does absolutley nothing but display a red gem? Apparantly 8 people bought it before Apple got rid of it within the first 24 hours. The idiocy of mac users never ceases to amaze me..
    Not all Mac users are idiotic. I'm a faithful Mac user and I think I'm far from idiotic.
    08-12-08 05:05 PM
    Total waste of money, imagine, a red gem. Sheesh, some people will fall for anything. Bunch a maroons! Now, if it were a blue gem...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 08:09 PM
    Now I wonder, does Apple see a profit from this app, or the App Developer takes the entire payment? Did anyone hear if anyone requested a refund and was it honoured?
    08-13-08 05:01 PM
    Now I wonder, does Apple see a profit from this app, or the App Developer takes the entire payment? Did anyone hear if anyone requested a refund and was it honoured?
    Don't know who gets the money, but who ever bought a $1,000 application that does absolutely nothing has more money than brain cells.
    08-13-08 05:48 PM
    You'll get no argument here
    08-15-08 05:25 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD