My 4 year old daught loves her "Blackberry". My Ex (Red Curve), my G/F (9700) and I (9700) all use current Blackberries. My daught runs around shouting "Where's My Blackberry!"

Leapfrog unveils 'baby BlackBerry' for tots | Crave - CNET
    07-09-10 01:16 PM
    Maybe this is why we have an obesity epidemic? While I do believe there is an appropriate age where children can begin to learn technology, when they are young they should be playing outside and interacting with other kids face to face. Just my old fashioned opinion though.
    07-09-10 02:39 PM
    Not a big deal. Just a toy for kids.

Its not like it can't be taken outside either, so no biggie.
    07-09-10 03:25 PM
    i bet it the call quality is equal to or greater than the iphone 4.
    07-09-10 03:31 PM
    Not likely.

If it was the iPhone 3Gs, then yea no doubt.
    07-09-10 03:31 PM
    How do kids who can't spell yet text each other?
    07-09-10 04:25 PM
    have you seen the average teenager text each other.... i'm pretty convinced they don't have an "A" in English class.

Posted while standing on my head via wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 04:33 PM
    Oh puhleez, obesity is not an epidemic nor is a child playing with a blackberry phone going to make her fat.
    Obviously she loves it, good on ya

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 05:10 PM
    How do kids who can't spell yet text each other?
    You've obviously never seen a text sent by the average teenager hove you?

Honestly I can't tell what half of it means, it's in some cryptic language and contains no real words.
    07-09-10 05:57 PM
    I gave my 1 year old daughter my old BlackBerry. She loves to chew on it and I'll bet it tasted better than the iPhone 4
    07-09-10 07:33 PM
    BB are making kids fat? Just like spoons made Rosanne Barr fat....

07-10-10 04:13 AM
    My shoes made me fat.

Cereal.
    07-10-10 09:11 AM
    Getting a car made me fat.

Also my wifes delicious cooking, and my refusal to exercise self control.

P.S. I almost forgot my love of instant gratification.

Edit: Honesty is shocking, isn't it?
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 07-10-10 at 09:41 AM.
    07-10-10 09:38 AM
    My 4 year old daught loves her "Blackberry". My Ex (Red Curve), my G/F (9700) and I (9700) all use current Blackberries. My daught runs around shouting "Where's My Blackberry!"

Leapfrog unveils 'baby BlackBerry' for tots | Crave - CNET
    Hmm.....so .....its basically an Iphony4! Its a toy and can't browse the web because of no reception! Yup. D@mn Steve jobs! You are a genius hahahaha.....software update fix.....hahahaha. Mor0n.....

07-10-10 10:03 AM
    Hmm.....so .....its basically an Iphony4! Its a toy and can't browse the web because of no reception! Yup. D@mn Steve jobs! You are a genius hahahaha.....software update fix.....hahahaha. Mor0n.....

Speaking of teenagers...
    07-10-10 11:02 AM
    My problem with it as an educator and parent is if kids get this now what do they have to look forward to as an adult? Everything in due time, let them be kids---go outside and play without toys like I did. That is why kids don't have any imagination nor problem solving skills. When I was a kid we did not need the internet or smartphones we could have a grand ole time with a stick and a ball. I know we are in the age of technology however that does not mean ram it down their throats!!!!
    07-10-10 05:58 PM
    So what your saying is keep the kids back from learning what today has to offer? It's 2010 and things have advanced by leaps and bounds in the last 10 years say... Sure when your were a kid you had a stick and a ball, your parents as kids had less I imagine. Growing up as a child in this day and age would be wonderful with all the stuff they get to learn with... So I guess to each their own.

07-11-10 06:38 AM
    So what your saying is keep the kids back from learning what today has to offer? It's 2010 and things have advanced by leaps and bounds in the last 10 years say... Sure when your were a kid you had a stick and a ball, your parents as kids had less I imagine. Growing up as a child in this day and age would be wonderful with all the stuff they get to learn with... So I guess to each their own.

That is just it, they are not learning. They are being fed information faster and faster with new technology. Instead of using their brain, they use technology. Thinking and problem solving skills are lacking. Let's take a simple example: have you even been at a cash register and the total is let say 14.52. You give the cashier 20.00 which they punch into the register. Then you realize wow I have the .52 so you give it to them. They then stand there and look at you like "ummm what am I supposed to do now?" i have had a few say, oh i already put it in as 20.00. with the register they cannot figure out how much the correct change.
    Last edited by envied; 07-12-10 at 11:12 PM.
    07-12-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD