OK....

Is it me? Does anyone do what they SAY THEY WILL anymore? I was always taught that you are only as good as your word....

So how come it seems everytime I turn around someone else isn't doing WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD???

This is obviously work related and not so much in my personal life.

Does anyone else notice this as a growing trend?

Now I understand things happen and the world is not a perfect place...but I bust my **** to do what I say I will OR I DON'T SAY IT !!!

Where has integrity gone...? Or work ethic...?

-db

or is it just me??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-07 08:48 AM
    I completely agree. And I'm guilty of it! I don't think (at least in my case) that we intend to break our promise and not keep our word, in my case, it's more of a situation where I want to please everyone and I end up taking on too much. I've yet to figure out how to fix that. I've realized that if you're trying to accomplish 5 things at one time only 1 ends up getting done. I've yet to find how to fix that

Good luck and keep strong on your word. It's like Tony Montana said, "all I got is my b*lls and my word and I don't break them for nobody" Sorry to be so foul mouthed but I think it gets the point across eh?
    10-19-07 08:54 AM
    It's not just you.

I think lots of people have trouble saying "no" and they take on way to much.
    When you have to much on your plate something is bound to slide right off.

I have trouble with it. When I get myself buried in too much stuff, my husband reminds me that "No is a complete sentence".
    10-19-07 05:24 PM
    I have the same problem, but I'm learning to say NO, too... I try to be more realistic with my responses when someone asks me when I will get something done. And, I usually cushion in some extra time if I can, just to plan for contingencies
    10-19-07 05:28 PM
    I just say "NO" and then I delegate the task to someone else. Saying yes causes stress! (ooh, that rhymes)
    10-29-07 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD