And some people don't like you. Do they have the right to bash your head until it looks like a left-over bananna?

BK, my prior dig had nothing to do with your comment, it was directed at the OP. Sorry.
    No because I'm a human being.

I don't put animals and reptiles on the same level as us.
    06-02-09 04:53 PM
    I don't think it was necessary to post pictures after you killed it...
    06-02-09 05:54 PM
    Why don't we all just kill everything we come across that we don't like? Starting with the OP. I hope it's me so I can post pics...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:38 PM
    I don't put animals and reptiles on the same level as us.
    All living life has the same value. No matter the life, it is still a life.

End/
    06-02-09 07:40 PM
    Went to get some fresh air outside and saw a snake in my front yard! I ruined his day...I live in a nice country club community, not out in the country...but there are a bunch of woods behind us, so I imagine he came from there.

ok, Im going to back it up here.....

In reading this thread, and the capital punishment of reptiles debates, I am left with one question really. What does living in a nice country club community have to do with any of this? Did I miss class the day they explained that snakes instinctively know to not go near populated areas in close proximity to fancy clubhouses surrounded by golf carts and European luxury sedans?

Or were you woo'd into purchasing your home by some "No Snakes Guarantee"?

I suggest short of burning the woods to the ground, is astroturf your lawn, cinder block wall around your property, then cover it all in an air impermiable plastic bubble *bees! scary!* I have no solution for the gophers though. Keep your 9 iron handy just in case I suppose.

Snakes, sexually transmitted diseases, ninjas.....certain things dont care where we live.

ok I have to get outside because there is a child in my yard and I live in a nice community nowhere near a school.... I promise I wont post pics
    06-02-09 08:23 PM
    All living life has the same value. No matter the life, it is still a life.

End/
    Here come the tree huggers....

06-02-09 09:10 PM

Having a respect for life doesnt mean one is a tree hugger. Going around killing things just because we can is ignorance.
    06-03-09 12:09 AM
    Having a respect for life doesnt mean one is a tree hugger. Going around killing things just because we can is ignorance.
    Define a stupid snake's life compared to that of a human being.

Had the OP posted a pic of splitting a persons head I'd be totally against it. But seriously, I'm not trying to convince anyone here anymore that a stupid animal or reptile's "life" is the same as a human being's.

06-03-09 01:04 AM
    Define a stupid snake's life compared to that of a human being.

Had the OP posted a pic of splitting a persons head I'd be totally against it. But seriously, I'm not trying to convince anyone here anymore that a stupid animal or reptile's "life" is the same as a human being's.

Define a snakes life compared to a snake's? Huh? Was there some point at which the OP's life was in danger? You really think I am saying that a snakes life is more important that a human's?

Is that what you got from my post?

My point was that killing a harmless snake just because one is "scared" of snakes is ignorance. I would gladly kill a snake or any animal to survive. This wasnt the case....not even close.
    06-03-09 07:49 AM
    Define a snakes life compared to a snake's? Huh? Was there some point at which the OP's life was in danger? You really think I am saying that a snakes life is more important that a human's?

Is that what you got from my post?

My point was that killing a harmless snake just because one is "scared" of snakes is ignorance. I would gladly kill a snake or any animal to survive. This wasnt the case....not even close.
    You said "having respect for life." Making a point that a stupid snake has a "life." It sounded absolutely silly

06-03-09 10:32 AM
    You said "having respect for life." Making a point that a stupid snake has a "life." It sounded absolutely silly

Umm...you're right. The snake is not alive. What was I thinking. Stupid me.
    06-03-09 11:57 AM
    Umm...you're right. The snake is not alive. What was I thinking. Stupid me.
    Yes, because a snake was alive it had a "life." This is tantamount to the does "God" exist argument. Never going to convince any of the sides. Okay, I'm finished with this thread.
    06-03-09 12:42 PM

WTF are you stupid? I'm far from a tree hugger. I just respect living creatures that are here on earth with us.

I always put myself in the other living things place. I don't even kill bugs. If one is in my house, I put it outside.
    06-03-09 12:44 PM

I don't even kill bugs. If one is in my house, I put it outside.
    Omg! I thought I was the only crazy one that did this!! Im glad to know I'm not the only one that does this too!

Last edited by ItsJustShelli; 06-03-09 at 02:44 PM.
    06-03-09 01:59 PM
    Yes, because a snake was alive it had a "life." This is tantamount to the does "God" exist argument. Never going to convince any of the sides. Okay, I'm finished with this thread.
    Not sure what you are saying with putting quotes around life. As far as a human or a reptile are concerned...it is either alive or it isnt. Simple biology.

No need to jump to existential arguments here. This is about a respect for all things living. Or a disregard for things that are not human.

Dogs, snakes, apes, whatever...all fair game I guess.

No need to run away....
    06-03-09 02:21 PM
    Well, I know that Forever29 left, because he's too scared to discuss his beliefs, but I was wondering if someone could post a list of animals that don't matter that are OK to kill... Can we kill dogs or cats?

I've got reptiles as pets, so don't go with the "dogs and cats are pets" arguments.

There's no debate about the worth of a snake's life. The point is that senseless killing is just ignorant...

And as a 4wheeler, I'm not a fan of tree-huggers, but that doesn't mean that their ideas are all bad.....
    06-03-09 03:01 PM
    Well, I know that Forever29 left, because he's too scared to discuss his beliefs, but I was wondering if someone could post a list of animals that don't matter that are OK to kill... Can we kill dogs or cats?

I've got reptiles as pets, so don't go with the "dogs and cats are pets" arguments.

There's no debate about the worth of a snake's life. The point is that senseless killing is just ignorant...

And as a 4wheeler, I'm not a fan of tree-huggers, but that doesn't mean that their ideas are all bad.....
    "Discussing beliefs" is one thing, however this thread has turned into a big fat animal rights pissing match resulting in a lot of harsh judgements being thrown around. More like somebody realizing a dead horse is being beaten (no pun intended) Thats just my interpretation.

Is there honestly one person here, who can with 100% certainty say that they have never intentionally squashed a gnat flying around in their face? Or smashed a mosquito that landed on their arm? Or used a bug zapper?

I am unaware of any health risks associated with gnats or moths..thus I cant see any justifiable reason to kill them other than them being a nuisance.......right?

that where I have a problem with some of the accusations flying around here.
    06-03-09 03:54 PM
    Well, I can't disagree with what you said Mavis... And I'll admit I was upset and said a few things I maybe shouldn't have...

I do target mosquitos and bees / wasps that are bothering me, and I'll usually kill spiders in the house, as it creates less drama with the rest of the family... But I have taken a few outside to freedom.
    06-03-09 04:08 PM
    "Discussing beliefs" is one thing, however this thread has turned into a big fat animal rights pissing match resulting in a lot of harsh judgements being thrown around. More like somebody realizing a dead horse is being beaten (no pun intended) Thats just my interpretation.

Is there honestly one person here, who can with 100% certainty say that they have never intentionally squashed a gnat flying around in their face? Or smashed a mosquito that landed on their arm? Or used a bug zapper?

I am unaware of any health risks associated with gnats or moths..thus I cant see any justifiable reason to kill them other than them being a nuisance.......right?

that where I have a problem with some of the accusations flying around here.
    A fly landing on my food? I'll kill it because it can carry disease/bacteria.
    Mosquito? Obviously can carry disease.
    Spiders? I dont kill if I can help it.

I do wear leather shoes/belts. I do eat chicken and beef. I dont have a problem with using animals in this way. Its the world we live in.

I dont go around killing things just because I can. Thats pretty much the point of this thread. A snake being a nuisance? In what way? Because its in someones front yard? Remove it. If its a danger to someones child...obviously kill it immediately. Common sense I would think...
    06-03-09 05:32 PM

^^

This guy should have stopped posting about 6 posts ago. Talking about someone else sounding silly... You know how stupid you sound when you talk like that?

I disagree with the bugs though. I don't really see the point in letting bugs live. They don't even have a large enough brain to think. It's just, eat, and mate...
    06-03-09 08:31 PM
    Went to get some fresh air outside and saw a snake in my front yard! I ruined his day...I live in a nice country club community, not out in the country...but there are a bunch of woods behind us, so I imagine he came from there.
    is that an anaconda
    06-03-09 08:32 PM
    It's just eat and mate...
    Isn't that your dream life fata$$?

(Yes, I fixed your punctuation)
    06-04-09 04:58 PM
    Isn't that your dream life fata$$?

(Yes, I fixed your punctuation)
    Well the eating part. I already have enough STD's thank you
    06-04-09 09:41 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD