I've noticed over the years people are either lazy, rushing or just do things to annoy other people...

From time to time I get calls from agencies wanting to know if am looking for a job. The phone call goes something like this, "Hi Ivan, I have a copy of your resume' here. I wanted to know if you were looking for a job?"

That part is fine; this is the part that gets on my nerves. "I see you've just updated your resume'. Where are you working now? What salary are you looking for? What certifications do you have?

You can see where am going with this, right? Why would I even bother answering these questions? You have it ALL on my resume, so why ask me?

Well, that was a phone call I didn't feel like having today. If you have a copy of my resume / curriculum vitae, read it; don't ask me a million questions about it, unless it's an older than dirt resume - LOL
    05-08-07 02:14 PM
    Ok, well i ahve to defend the Recruitment Consultant who are trying to do their roles. Being a Senior Consultant , i get th ejoy of looking for the real tough positions to fill. So for example, currently i am looking for IT and Financial Analysts, now on file from last year (Nov/Dec) i have CVs from people who have directly applied for adverts i have placed whilst looking for candidates. Now when ringing to speak to candidates, my first part of the conversation might go along the lines of:

"Hello, can i speak to......., its Tom...from *Company*. Are you in a position to talk. "

Depending on answer this will lead to:

"Further to YOUR application to the role i had advertised, are you still looking for work? The reason being is that i am currently recruiting for....

Is this something you would still be interested in? "

And blah blah blah,

but bearing in mind there is no p[oint us talking to potential candidates about roles if they are no longer job hunting or their cicumstances have changed.

But the important point is this : If i have your CV/Resume infront of me, in because you sent it to me in the first place, or you placed it on the CV /Resume site in the first place.
    05-08-07 02:57 PM
    The way you do it is fine. But, these people actually tell me they have my resume (CV) in front of them, and then proceed to ask me questions that they already have the answers to from my CV!

Now, if when they asked me, "Is your CV up to date?", and I said, "No", then I would obviously understand why they are asking me questions about my past positions, salary I want, etc...

Know what I mean?
    05-09-07 06:38 PM
    The way you do it is fine. But, these people actually tell me they have my resume (CV) in front of them, and then proceed to ask me questions that they already have the answers to from my CV!

Now, if when they asked me, "Is your CV up to date?", and I said, "No", then I would obviously understand why they are asking me questions about my past positions, salary I want, etc...

Know what I mean?
    I wont call you then
    05-10-07 01:22 AM
    i wish i got calls offering me well paid jobs...
    05-10-07 03:58 AM
    Yeah, that must be a rough thing to deal with
    05-10-07 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD