So i will honestly say i have not been as excited about a flick than i have the AVATAR. Its been since the first Transformers since a movie has made me want to wait in line at midnight to see it first.

Currently it is sitting with a 91% fresh Ratings on Rottentomatoes.com and some of the early reviews are in and what i am hearing is that it is amazing. Just so you know if a movie is screen for critics a week before it is released the studio usually knows it has a good thing on its hands. As did Disney with The Princess and The Frog which held screening and special releases back at Thanksgiving time.

I am thinking this one could give The Dark Knight and maybe even Cameron's The Titanic a run for its money...What does the BB world think?
    12-12-09 10:23 AM
    I can't wait, the film doesn't look like the type of movie I'd normally get overly excited over, but from a technical point of view it looks amazing and they made some pretty impressive advances in technology and technique to achieve it.

Most films nowadays I tend to wait for the BD release and watch them at home on my (admittedly modest) front projection setup, but I feel this will be best experienced in a full cinema enviroment with 3D, luckily I've got a day off on friday so might go catch it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 10:31 AM
    I'm looking forward to it J. The previews have been outstanding. I like the idea of genetically engineering infiltrators - and trying to destroy a race for a precious metal. Ha ha, not like we've ever seen that.

Hey, BTW, where you been? Probably around but I haven't seen you .

12-12-09 10:34 AM
    I'm looking forward to it J. The previews have been outstanding. I like the idea of genetically engineering infiltrators - and trying to destroy a race for a precious metal. Ha ha, not like we've ever seen that.

Hey, BTW, where you been? Probably around but I haven't seen you .

Yea i am a movie dork, My family grew up in the industry and this one feels like one of those revolutionary type flicks with new technology, just like the first Star Wars, and Jurrasic Park and Toy Story. Plus James Cameron make some pretty bad @$$ flicks.

As for me, I been hit and miss on CB working like a dog. I found Kproxy so now i can get into CB from work LOL!
    12-12-09 10:53 AM
    I dunno....

It's putting itself on a rather high pedestal-

If it falls shorts, even if it *IS* good, it'll be seen as bad.

I hope it is good, because it looks interesting.

But the hype for this, seems unrealistic.
    12-12-09 11:19 AM
    I know, but I think there were similar worries about Titanic and it ended up making a "slight" profit, . Cameron does love special effects, but he is one of those writer/directors who remembers it's all about the story. When you see Terminator, it's Sarah Connor you're worried about, in Titanic it's Jack and Rose, and in Avatar I'm sure it will be the same for the young handicapped soldier and his alien girlfriend.

12-12-09 11:49 AM
    I dunno....

It's putting itself on a rather high pedestal-

If it falls shorts, even if it *IS* good, it'll be seen as bad.

I hope it is good, because it looks interesting.

But the hype for this, seems unrealistic.
    I dont think it will fail, but i agree. Its his first Movie since 1997's Titanic and its gotten so much hoopla around it. The first trailer did look very video game like. Then i saw the Trailer in High Def on my Big Screen and WOW is all i can say! I will be one of those people waiting in line freezing next thursday night. Well maybe not freezing i am in Orlando!

I know, but I think there were similar worries about Titanic and it ended up making a "slight" profit, . Cameron does love special effects, but he is one of those writer/directors who remembers it's all about the story. When you see Terminator, it's Sarah Connor you're worried about, in Titanic it's Jack and Rose, and in Avatar I'm sure it will be the same for the young handicapped soldier and his alien girlfriend.

On another note can you believe that ICE AGE 3 is 2nd behind Titanic in Worldwide boxoffice gross...Crazy or maybe it is 3rd...i will have to check now LOL
    12-12-09 12:18 PM
    I'll wait for the DVD...

12-13-09 01:49 AM
    I think it looks good but when a movie is hyped up this much, I don't want to see it regardless.

It feels like an obligation. Everyone I know won't shut up about it.
    12-14-09 09:24 AM
    the AVATAR is gonna beSWEEEET!!

12-14-09 09:29 AM
    I haven't been this excited in a long time. I've liked every picture Camerson has done....er......except for Pirhanna II I guess.

Neither my wife nor daughter wants to see it so I purchased a single Advance ticket for myself to see it on Saturday the 19th at 11am.
    12-14-09 12:11 PM
    I'll wait for the DVD...

watch a movie with extensive special-effects, in standard definition? pssh! that's so 2008.
    12-14-09 01:05 PM
    watch a movie with extensive special-effects, in standard definition? pssh! that's so 2008.
    Haha, It really does look like as long as the film lives up to the hype and they don't mess up the transfer to BD, this could become a poster child for the potential of the Blu-Ray format, I can't wait to get it home already and it's not even hit the cinema yet!

RE: special effects, definately with new films, although I find with some older films BD can be pretty unforgiving on older CGI, some of the fight scenes in Matrix Reloaded are a good example of this, It was much harder to spot where the CGI meets the live action parts on DVD (even on a 100" screen, a small price to pay for the overall quality of the Blu-Ray release though, and I only thought of that as I watched the Matrix Trilogy over the weekend so there may be better examples out there....)
    Last edited by Tim_UK; 12-14-09 at 05:06 PM.
    12-14-09 05:01 PM
    Good point....with the space on Blu Ray, they should be able to easily package the Avatar BR disc with both the 2-d and 3-d versions.

Of course, here's how JC will make his money:

- SD/BR DVD 2D
    - SD/BR DVD 3D
    - SD/BR Collector's Pack with both 2D and 3D
    - SD/BR Limited Edition Package with all of the above plus a coupon for a free still from the movie
    - SD/BR "King of the World" Edition with a Navi Doll which when you pull the cord it plays JC's voice with his "king of the world" acceptance speech.

Or something like that.
    12-15-09 10:12 AM
    I personally cannot wait to go see it in 3-D imax! I saw a christmas caroll in 3-D imax and it played Avatar in the previews and it was 3-D and it looked so badass!
    12-15-09 10:55 AM
    I wish we had an IMAX in MS...
    12-15-09 11:01 AM
    The prince is looking forward to watching Avatar.
    12-15-09 11:07 AM
    I wish we had an IMAX in MS...
    WOW! Just another thing to add to my list of reasons as to why I hate MS!
    12-15-09 11:20 AM
    WOW! Just another thing to add to my list of reasons as to why I hate MS!
    Or another reason as to why I would be even more content if someone told the prince he'll never see or visit MS before he croaks (pun intended).
    12-15-09 11:46 AM
    At least we don't have any people that constantly speak in third person...
    12-15-09 11:48 AM
    See; the prince' point exactly...what fun is that? There's no use in me saying 'jk'; because I wouldn't mean it.
    12-15-09 11:57 AM
    Well, at least I was only kidding...
    12-15-09 12:02 PM
    Sadly I could prolly like MS if it wasn't for Meridian. That area is so black or white and I hate that ish. But I bet I would like the gulf of MS.
    12-15-09 12:59 PM
    Sadly I could prolly like MS if it wasn't for Meridian. That area is so black or white and I hate that ish. But I bet I would like the gulf of MS.
    I've been to Biloxi (just remembered it's in MS); the slots and tables weren't kind to the Prince though . Now Vegas knows how to treat royalty's pockets nicely.
    12-15-09 01:13 PM
    I like Jackson, it's a bigger city than people think.

Still Mississippi, I know. But I live downtown and I like the area. VERY diverse.

I live on a street with 2 churches. A block over you can hear shootings weekly.

But I bet it's nothing compared to AVATAR! (an attempt to get back on topic)
    12-15-09 02:47 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD