My brother just got a new iPod touch with the macbook he was required to buy for dental school. I played around with it and it was pretty impressive. Seeing as though my current 3 year old iPod video 30 gig doesn't work right, I figure it is a good time to upgrade to something new anyway. And I am already used the touch screen devices because of my Storm.

What I am mainly concerned about with the two devices would be:
    a. Browsing experience
    b. Applications, both fun and productive

I am aware that mobile Safari is probably the best native browser on any mobile device, and the iPhone/Touch are pretty much known for their applications, but something is telling me that this Zune is going to rock if the app market gets going (should be faster, better graphics and everything for games and more capable of doing most everything.) I am assuming it would use some sort of WinMo operating system, or am I wrong? If so, SkyFire should work, and that is pretty much the best browser around, correct?

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on both devices, although the Zune hasn't even been released so it might be hard to form an opinion.

By the way, the Zune's price tag is just as pretty as the device.
    08-13-09 12:07 PM
    i dont know anything about the zune but i hate microsoft with a passion (due to some minor windows problems and some HUGE Xbox problems) so personally, i would go with the ipod. i can only assume the zune will have as many problems as most of their other devices.
    i have never had a problem with my 80 gig ipod classic (2 years old) nor my roommates ipod touch (about 1 year old)

plus the ipod touch is pretty damn cool.

EDIT: zune is made by microsoft, right?
    08-13-09 12:22 PM
    The new Zune looks very impressive I was considering getting the iTouch but I may have to reconsider ... especially if they're priced the same.
    08-13-09 12:25 PM
    Don't know about the Zune, but I love my Touch.
    08-13-09 02:37 PM
    When the Zune HD gets launched, that'll be around the same time the next gen iPod Touch will be rumored to be announced.

Well see what's in store for the new iTouch.

I for one would NEVER be willing to dump my iTunes library for the Zune.

iTunes itself is enough to keep me.

Microsoft Marketplace is worthless.
    08-13-09 04:42 PM
    There's talks of a new iPod Touch comming out this September.

New iPod Touch
    08-14-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD