okay

So I currently have a 8gb ipod 3 it has approxiametly a 100 albums on. I downloaded all of my c.d's onto an itunes library then directly onto my ipod. Both the computer and my c.d's are now with my ex . glad she's my ex ..except the c.d's man I miss them c.d's

now whilst I'm out travelling I didn't want a phone to do my music so I've popped out and bought a 16gb itouch

now the science bit

can I transfer my music from the ipod 3 back onto a p.c. then download the same music back onto my itouch?

One sales rep in best buy said yes...another one said no...then told me yes if I bought some software called tuneplus 3.0

the music on my old ipod means a great deal to me and saving it onto the touch is a very hopefull thing

any ipod/itouch/comp geeks in?
    06-26-09 08:46 AM
    There are several paid programs that can do this, however I am a big fan of a free program called Yamipod. Get it here

If you are unfamiliar with torrents, go down to the binaries section and save the appropriate file to your pc
    Yet another iPod manager - Downloads

Download and save the file.
    Plug in the iPod you want the songs from (make sure itunes isnt open, I like to do this before installing itunes) open the file you save and then click the Yamipod exe.

Then just follow the instructions and it will transfer all the contents of the old ipod to the pc.

After that load the music into itunes, plug in the new ipod and sync.

Its pretty straight forward and if you mess up you still have all the music on the old ipod to try again
    Last edited by Chris2183; 06-26-09 at 09:10 AM.
    06-26-09 09:07 AM
    There are a lot of free and paid programs you can use, the procedure is basically the same with all of them.

Chris pretty much told you everything you need to know, its pretty simple once you have the program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:15 AM
    thanks all

the software from better buy failed to load due to a corrupted disc..handy

tried the yami..worked a treat..everything is now on the itouch but

my ipod is empty? I tried yami then to export into the older ipod ..saw it transfer..still empty.. i'm confuddled
    06-26-09 12:15 PM
    So everything is on the touch and the touch is synced to itunes? Thats weird about the old ipod losing its music as I have never had it happen to me. What you can do is use itunes to resync the old ipod and then resync the itouch. That would put the library on both but you can only have one ipod synced to itunes at a time
    06-26-09 01:58 PM
    I've never had this happen either buy I've never used yami. Every program I've ever used copies the files to the pc. It shouldn't be a problem to just reload the songs onto itunes, then back on the iPod. Just a major pain in the ***.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD