So as some of you might have heard in the Storm Themes section...I am getting a 250r ninja that looks just like this:

And I need suggestions for gear (jacket,pants,gloves etc) Whether online or if you know any good stores in Sacramento, CA then hook it up folks!

I will be taking suggestions and then put it all on and take a pic on my bike for fun! ha!

Thanks! :P
    05-06-09 03:50 PM
    Don't forget insurance!!!
    05-06-09 05:31 PM
    make sure you ride safe and get every piece of protective gear you can....especially for your melon!!!! and good luck with the new rice rocket!!! its looks nice!(btw-no offense on the 'rice rocket'comment!! i was jk!)
    ENJOY
    05-06-09 06:00 PM
    Good looking bike I have a 1979 Yamaha XS400. RAT ROD bike.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 06:18 PM
    best advise i can give you is dont try to show off or drive stupid, it will come back to bite you, ive been on alot of accidents were the riders were either showing off and just driving stupid, they either were dead or seriously hurt, just be safe
    05-06-09 06:29 PM
    best advise i can give you is dont try to show off or drive stupid, it will come back to bite you, ive been on alot of accidents were the riders were either showing off and just driving stupid, they either were dead or seriously hurt, just be safe
    will do

i wouldnt even think of it, lol.

>:[

Someone reccommend a good midpriced leather jacket
    05-06-09 06:42 PM
    dont know where your located, but how about something on Fox -

Fox Racing Inc
    05-06-09 07:23 PM
    And give this place a looksie while you're at it One Goal. One Vision. | Alpinestars Inc.
    05-06-09 07:28 PM
    Are you endorsed to ride?
    A lot of motorcycle shop in your areas should have gear there. I got most of my stuff from local motorcycle stores, you would want to try on your helmet/gloves/leather to see if it fits. I will post up a pic of my bike...

05-06-09 09:11 PM
    I ride a 1988 Honda GoldWing GL1500.
    And I will continue to ride.

You have been given some very sound advice from others already.

I do want to let you know that we buried a gentleman yesterday (Weds) that was killed on a bike last Saturday as he was just riding back from the Shrimp Festival in a small town on the coast.
    Another motorcycle was involved and that rider is alive but has injuries.
    Noone was being a reckless, or stupid. they were just riding home.
    My Brother in Law rode up on them right after it happened. He is not getting back on a bike nor is the rider who was with him.

Pay attention to your surroundings at all times.
    05-07-09 05:33 AM
    Does you state require helmets? We have to go up to PA or over to DE to ride with no lids....I know it's not for everyone, And I used to be a medic so I know what the outcome could be.
    05-07-09 06:49 AM
    Congrats on your purchase... You'll have a lot of fun riding and this is a fairly good starter bike. Comfortable, great mileage, and you shouldn't get yourself in too much trouble

For gear, there's a Cycle Gear in your area. You don't necessarily need a leather one (IMO), but the CE protection is a must - around $200 (leather ones are about double that). You're better off going there and trying it on, so that you know you'll be comfortable. HJC makes pretty good, inexpensive helmets ... around $150 for that. Again, go try it on, and a little tight is good because it will wear in over time.

By the way, and this isn't a knock by any means because she's been riding for a few years with me, but my girl had pretty much the same bike before she got her R6

Good luck, and be safe!
    05-07-09 07:36 AM
    Hjc helmets split in an accident typically and the shards can cause damage. Personally, its icon gear for me or alpinestars.

05-07-09 08:57 AM
    This is a great site for gear, I don't ride but know a few that do and they talk this place up

Iron Pony
    05-07-09 09:35 AM
    Does you state require helmets? We have to go up to PA or over to DE to ride with no lids....I know it's not for everyone, And I used to be a medic so I know what the outcome could be.
    Im in Ohio... we dont have to wear helmets here, but I do 90% of the time, even though I may only have on jeans & a t-shirt (usually with a icon vest)...
    If you use to be a medic why do you ride sometimes w/o your helmet?
    05-07-09 05:50 PM
    Hjc helmets split in an accident typically and the shards can cause damage. Personally, its icon gear for me or alpinestars.

BTW, I had an HJC helmet... I can say that there are some better helmets out there, but a helmet is better than no helmet. I switched to Scorpoin, great bang for the buck. All those 500+ helmets, I guess to some people the helmets are worth there head, but imo all helmets do the same job, just make sure they are DOT & SNELL approved.
    05-07-09 05:52 PM
    Im in Ohio... we dont have to wear helmets here, but I do 90% of the time, even though I may only have on jeans & a t-shirt (usually with a icon vest)...
    If you use to be a medic why do you ride sometimes w/o your helmet?
    Most serious motorcycle accidents that I have run the helmet made 0% difference, Plus it's my choice
    05-07-09 08:20 PM
    Most serious motorcycle accidents that I have run the helmet made 0% difference, Plus it's my choice
    Yup you are right...
    05-07-09 08:28 PM
    There is a cyclegear warehouse in San Fran. I got my stuff from there same price as the website. Good stuff fair price.

2008 Ninja
    05-23-09 01:58 AM
    Nice looking ninja beauty :P
    i hope u r going to clean and keep it shining like this one ~_^
    I suggest you do get a helmet!!
    05-23-09 06:42 AM
    So as some of you might have heard in the Storm Themes section...I am getting a 250r ninja that looks just like this:

And I need suggestions for gear (jacket,pants,gloves etc) Whether online or if you know any good stores in Sacramento, CA then hook it up folks!

I will be taking suggestions and then put it all on and take a pic on my bike for fun! ha!

Thanks! :P
    Hmmm... I'm more of a Yamaha fan myself. Look at the R6 or for cheaper insurance, they make a "detuned" bike with a 600 in it. Nice bikes though. That Ninja's looking a little old

You have to go look for a real bike store, even if it means driving an hour or 2. We've got Hully Gully up here in London and they sell everything... -Bikes, boats, quads, sleds, jackets and protective clothing, helmets, GPS. They even do alot of the maintenance on the bikes there themselves.
    05-23-09 09:31 AM
    best advice i have read was from the gentleman saying pay attention to your surroundings. the cars on the road are only looking out for other cars and not bikes. you have to be fully allert to be able to avoid getting ran off the road. Make sure to always leave yourself an out on the road in case someone does try to take you out.

not that you have a bike cut out for it but keep the front tire down....thats where i got into the most trouble. ended up w a felony, got kicked outta the guard, and did some jail time because of it. stuntings fun but find some private property if you feel the need to push your limits. traffic is not the place for it.

Arai makes some to best helmets....ya they all do the same thing, but most riders wont ever use em for the initial desing purpose. you want some thing comfy, lights, maybe wicks the sweat off your head...the money is worth it in comfort.

leather is great for jackets. the mesh jackets r a one time wonder. wreck once and trash em. most wrecks w leather are gonna save your skin a lot better if you go down at a good speed and slide for a while...and you can more than likely continue to wear it for a lil while...

same goes for gloves. get the leather cuz the thin ones arent goint to save your palms for nothin!!! and havin messed up hands can hinder everyday life for quite some time.

Most of all go out and have fun. push a corner or two and fall in love with riding.
    05-23-09 03:35 PM
    newenough.com is a great place for gear. Great prices and customer service.

Here is mine the day I brought her home.

06-02-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD