Hey guys!

I've been trying to learn french on my own using audio books and google translate and I do understand it just can't remember since no one to talk to!

Anyone have any success stories on learning french on their own? Any suggestions?

Let me know! thanks in advance
    09-15-12 09:44 PM
    What you say is your biggest problem (no one to carrier on a conversation with) is the best way to advance and refine you ability. Have you looked searched the web for groups that will help with this?
    09-16-12 06:55 AM
    yeah I tried looking online and I was hoping someone would post a link or point me in the right direction or a forum that helped them may be .. I guess i'll have to look harder

having a face to face conversation vs online or texting etc is definitely a world's difference
    09-16-12 09:39 PM
    You COULD try making contact with French speaking CBers we do have a few of those. I know of at least 2 CBers from France and several from Canada that are bilingual.
    09-17-12 08:15 AM
    Have you tried a BBM group?

French pratice at the tip of your fingers

Try it!

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-17-12 08:20 AM
    That works IF any CBer is willing to teach or give lessons over bbm.. I wouldn't mind that at all!

Or even someone learning themselves in the same boat as me, we can go over things and teach each other and so on..
    09-17-12 08:55 AM
    only 100 correct Frensh wil help you, anything less wil not get you anywhere.
    They are the most arogant people I ever came in contact with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-17-12 09:38 AM
    only 100 correct Frensh wil help you, anything less wil not get you anywhere.
    They are the most arogant people I ever came in contact with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Perhaps the Canadians are the way to go then, although the 2 CB's from France I know ARE pretty cool.
    09-17-12 10:21 AM
    arrogant people you say, not surprised!

you're right though, need someone who is fluent otherwise its two blind mice leading each other
    09-17-12 06:39 PM
    i've started watching french movies, bound to help a little atleast
    09-17-12 06:48 PM
    Hey guys!

I've been trying to learn french on my own using audio books and google translate and I do understand it just can't remember since no one to talk to!

Anyone have any success stories on learning french on their own? Any suggestions?

Let me know! thanks in advance
    I have the same problem. I have found speaking the biggest problem and also I dont like the way I sound sometimes. I have started to speak with natives using Easy language Exchange - Learning community - Correspondant Anglais, I get to practice my speaking and it's really helping with my confidence.

There are lots of sites out there that can help you, just try and pick the one that works for you.

Good luck
    09-19-12 07:46 AM
    French is a vast language, I would definitely love to learn it as it has got a lot of history behind it.
    09-25-12 08:23 AM
    You can try out frenchdownunder.com I've been pretty pleased with it.
    11-20-12 04:19 AM
    i recommend you to use this website Learn French Online - Rocket French
    01-28-13 03:11 AM
    you all peaple use this website i use this too Learn French Online - Rocket French
    01-28-13 03:15 AM
    I keep meaning to try and pick up some more French... need to see if I can dig my old school-books out of the parent's attic
    01-31-13 04:04 AM
    I recommend for you free program Lingling - more than one million people around the world use this app. It allows to learn 1,000 new words per month with French language. You can download for free for android:

http://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Hepilabs

05-01-13 12:04 AM
    I'm busy learning French myself as well and though the French games mentioned above can help a lot a feel it's a combination of French games, exercises, talking to people that really helps. I website that helped me a lot was: How to pronounce French words.

Good luck on learning French!
    09-23-13 07:54 AM
    Add me, 2adedd2e

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:36 AM
    Being honest I believe that to learn any language you actually need to be around native speakers because there is only so much you can learn from books etc.
    Find a group or create a bbm group and as I see a good site has been recommended,

Bonne chance!.
    11-02-13 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD