Man Pleads Guilty To DWI In Motorized La-Z-Boy

by The Associated Press

Enlarge Proctor Police Department via Duluth News Trubune/APThe motorized La-Z-Boy chair Dennis LeRoy Anderson was operating when he hit a parked vehicle in August of 2008. Anderson has pleaded guilty to a DWI charge.

Proctor Police Department via Duluth News Trubune/APThe motorized La-Z-Boy chair Dennis LeRoy Anderson was operating when he hit a parked vehicle in August of 2008. Anderson has pleaded guilty to a DWI charge.

October 22, 2009
    A Minnesota man has pleaded guilty to driving his motorized La-Z-Boy chair while drunk.
    A criminal complaint says 62-year-old Dennis LeRoy Anderson told police he left a bar in the northern Minnesota town of Proctor on his chair after drinking eight or nine beers.
    Prosecutors say Anderson's blood alcohol content was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit, when he crashed into a parked vehicle in August 2008. He was not seriously injured.
    Police said the chair was powered by a converted lawnmower and had a stereo and cup holders.
    Sixth Judicial District Judge Heather Sweetland stayed 180 days of jail time Monday and ordered two years of probation for Anderson. His attorney, David Keegan, did not immediately return a call for comment.
    10-23-09 06:05 AM
    That thing looks like one of those chairs...I saw it on an HBO special....it erm, um nevermind.....
    10-23-09 08:48 AM
    Hah!!!!!!!! me thinks I saw that same special... very specialized... ummmm... errrrrr... equipment
    10-23-09 08:54 AM
    How do you manage to wreck that?

Even drunk, I think I could control my chair.
    10-23-09 09:29 AM
    I like how every part of that chair is cushioned except the seat and the NHRA sticker is like the cherry on the sundae.
    10-23-09 02:56 PM
    I figure the cops musta taken the cushion for evidence... or maybe he lost in when the recliner deployed during the accident.
    10-23-09 03:20 PM
    Maybe he crapped on it when they pulled him over.
    10-23-09 03:31 PM
    I can honestly say that I have seen people get DWI and OWI for bikes, cars, Horses, and even a donkey....but never a layZ boy loL!

10-23-09 03:42 PM
    I figure the cops musta taken the cushion for evidence...
    I didn't know they collected man-gravy samples for DUI cases!

Hmmmm...learn something new everyday.
    10-23-09 03:50 PM
    That thing looks like one of those chairs...I saw it on an HBO special....it erm, um nevermind.....
    lmao
    10-24-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD