To Andy

Since 24 hours have elapsed hopefully it was just a bad business dealer.

But it pays to always be on high alert since almost everyone is being bloody fraudulent nowadays lol.

Posted via CB10
    I hope so! I'll be on high alert from now on. Thanks! Lol.
    03-19-15 03:54 PM
    I hope so! I'll be on high alert from now on. Thanks! Lol.
    *knock knock*
    Let's go jogging for 1hr?
    I promise I'm not trying to sell anything!

On a side note, these supplements are great and the prices are very affordable! You should try some free samples!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 04:27 PM
    *knock knock*
    Let's go jogging for 1hr?

Posted via CB10
    No thank you! Hahaha. Have you ever slept? XD
    03-19-15 04:28 PM
    Apparently... it's not a scam. I was just being paranoid then. ==. I received a call today from the company, and they asked whether I ordered an installation. I canceled it.

I'm sorry for the mess I've made. And I thank you all for your support and concern. Now I'm embarrassed. But I feel good knowing that this is such a great community! Thank you for the support and the friendship!

At least I've got my lesson, not to let strangers go inside my apartment too easily, and not to give up my bank credentials to someone I don't trust. Next time I would only do this kind of activities in the office or online.

Thank you guys and have a nice weekend!
    03-20-15 12:21 PM
    I'm sorry for the mess I've made. And I thank you all for your support and concern. Now I'm embarrassed.
    No real reason to be embarrassed.

Even if you had been scammed, these are often done by professional con artists who know which buttons to press to get victims under their control. You sound like a nice guy and that might make things a bit easier for them, but that's no reason for you to change.

Since it seemingly wasn't a scam, I guess this "sales person" needs considerably more training to avoid giving that impression...

In any case, I'm really happy for you, and thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-20-15 12:58 PM
    Apparently... it's not a scam. I was just being paranoid then. ==. I received a call today from the company, and they asked whether I ordered an installation. I canceled it.

I'm sorry for the mess I've made. And I thank you all for your support and concern. Now I'm embarrassed. But I feel good knowing that this is such a great community! Thank you for the support and the friendship!

At least I've got my lesson, not to let strangers go inside my apartment too easily, and not to give up my bank credentials to someone I don't trust. Next time I would only do this kind of activities in the office or online.

Thank you guys and have a nice weekend!
    Woohoo let's celebrate. I'm glad all suspicions have been put to bed. And don't be embrassed. At least you've never been publicly seen having a full blown conversation with a pigeon like me LOL.

And you learned something from it right so either way, your now a more knowledgeable person?

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya and Cracklen like this.
    03-20-15 01:02 PM
    No real reason to be embarrassed.

Even if you had been scammed, these are often done by professional con artists who know which buttons to press to get victims under their control. You sound like a nice guy and that might make things a bit easier for them, but that's no reason for you to change.

Since it seemingly wasn't a scam, I guess this "sales person" needs considerably more training to avoid giving that impression...

In any case, I'm really happy for you, and thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Thank you so much Baarn! For your sympathy. You guys have made everything easier. I guess I owe an apology to this salesman.
    03-20-15 01:36 PM
    Woohoo let's celebrate. I'm glad all suspicions have been put to bed. And don't be embrassed. At least you've never been publicly seen having a full blown conversation with a pigeon like me LOL.

And you learned something from it right so either way, your now a more knowledgeable person?

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. With a pigeon? That sounded interesting. Lol. You've talked like with someone with great wisdom. XD. Thanks so much! I also feel glad myself!
    03-20-15 01:37 PM
    Hahaha. With a pigeon? That sounded interesting. Lol. You've talked like with someone with great wisdom. XD. Thanks so much! I also feel glad myself!
    I'm glad I could have been of any help. Have a lovely weekend!!

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-20-15 03:10 PM
    I doubt your are in any significantly higher personal risk, so sleep easy in your apartment (with the door locked of course) .

However, I would suggest discussing it with the police, even if you end up not officially reporting it. It could be legit, but does stink very strongly.(eg. why does Unitymedia, based in K�ln and operating in Germany, want your IBAN and BIC which are used for international money transfers, instead of just your normal account number and BLZ? )

Did you thoroughly read and understand the contract that you signed before you signed it? Never sign anything under pressure. Never sign anything if you don't know who you are doing business with.

If it is legit, you should check the contract for any cooling off period which you could invoke to exit. If not, get legal advice to find out if there are any statutory cooling off periods for telephone or door to door sales.

I always advise family to ALWAYS say no to cold callers whether on the telephone or door to door. You never really know who you are dealing with and, since they have the element of surprise on their side, you are always at a disadvantage. Sorry to those legitimate businesses that use these techniques, but it's just too risky nowadays with the volume of professional scammers about.

Judging by the Wikipedia page for Unitymedia, they don't have the cleanest nose in the business...
    (^ that's why proper legislation is so important)

Afaik, you have 14 days to cancel in Germany, it's a door-to-door sales arrangement. Not sure whether they changed that since the last time I've been there... :-)

Find out the address of the company (website should do, section called "Impressum" or something) and send a registered letter ("Einschreiben") to them demanding to cancel the contract ("signed up with a door-to-door salesman at..... on..... at my residential address" - insert time and date).

You should be protected by the "Fernabsatzgesetz" or similar legislation, which gives you 14 days. Man, those Germans have some weird words...

The so-called "Verbraucherzentrale" (=Consumer protection agency) should be able to help you, too. Find out, ring them up and ask about Unity and what you can do.

Hope that helps, and hope you get it sorted.

:-)

EDIT: sorry, I just replied quickly without reading through the rest of the thread, because I know how that feels. Just wanted to give you some reassurance.... glad you got it sorted!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-20-15 11:09 PM
    So an Indonesian that speaks English and lives in K�ln (Germany) had been scammed by an Italian #multicultural
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-21-15 04:11 AM
    So an Indonesian that speaks English and lives in K�ln (Germany) had been scammed by an Italian #multicultural
    I sense a f00l, is that f00l you?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    No why?
    Last edited by MrDoreth; 03-21-15 at 06:32 AM.
    03-21-15 05:33 AM
    (^ that's why proper legislation is so important)

Afaik, you have 14 days to cancel in Germany, it's a door-to-door sales arrangement. Not sure whether they changed that since the last time I've been there... :-)

Find out the address of the company (website should do, section called "Impressum" or something) and send a registered letter ("Einschreiben") to them demanding to cancel the contract ("signed up with a door-to-door salesman at..... on..... at my residential address" - insert time and date).

You should be protected by the "Fernabsatzgesetz" or similar legislation, which gives you 14 days. Man, those Germans have some weird words...

The so-called "Verbraucherzentrale" (=Consumer protection agency) should be able to help you, too. Find out, ring them up and ask about Unity and what you can do.

Hope that helps, and hope you get it sorted.

:-)

EDIT: sorry, I just replied quickly without reading through the rest of the thread, because I know how that feels. Just wanted to give you some reassurance.... glad you got it sorted!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    Thank you so much for having done such effort to write this long! You sure know how it works in Germany. Lol. We do have 14 days of Widerrufsrecht for anything. Without any reason. If it hadn't been resolved yet, I'm sure that would certainly help!
    03-21-15 08:13 AM
    True.. Hahaha. And both of us spoke German at that time. World without borders. XD
    03-21-15 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get it. XD
    03-21-15 08:15 AM
    True.. Hahaha. And both of us spoke German at that time. World without borders. XD
    An Indonesian and an Italian speaking German in K�hl?? I must be on crack ;p

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    03-21-15 08:19 AM
    I don't get it. XD
    Oh I was speaking with the guy about him being a...never mind lol . I didn't drink my coffee lol

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:04 AM
    An Indonesian and an Italian speaking German in K�hl?? I must be on crack ;p

Posted via CB10
    Yup. But his German is so good I couldn't believe he's Italian. Hahaha
    03-21-15 09:11 AM
    Oh I was speaking with the guy about him being a...never mind lol . I didn't drink my coffee lol

Posted via CB10
    Then you should get your coffee. Lol :-D
    03-21-15 09:11 AM
    Then you should get your coffee. Lol :-D
    Lol I got it and now I'm human again.

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-21-15 09:17 AM
    Lol I got it and now I'm human again.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear it!
    03-21-15 09:36 AM
    Glad to hear it!
    You know why I hate and love coffee. I feel as though it decides my mood for me

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-21-15 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get it either?
    03-21-15 09:53 AM
    I don't get it either?
    You didn't get it cause your not in my head, duh. Happy Saturday

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-21-15 10:08 AM
77 1234