Whoever tells you to calm down and not worry might be working for this guy. Watch out

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I hope not!
    03-19-15 03:34 AM
    Just searched his Facebook by his phone number. And he is there. Apparently he is using his real name.. Maybe it's legit.. if it is.. I would also feel bad about it.. now I'm not sure whether I should go to the police.
    03-19-15 04:03 AM
    Just searched his Facebook by his phone number. And he is there. Apparently he is using his real name.. Maybe it's legit.. if it is.. I would also feel bad about it.. now I'm not sure whether I should go to the police.
    Save the Facebook pages and photographs to your computer and copy to a memory stick (or phone). Carry the memory stick until you know how things pan out.

With him being so public with his phone number and pictures, it looks like he may be a genuine sales agent. Can you see the Italian connection on his Facebook?.
    If he was young and just starting at the job then he could be a bit nervous and seem on edge. He may not even like the job and feels a bit guilty selling under pressure . This could explain his behaviour.
    Reporting to the police may be overkill, but you'll have to make that somewhat tricky decision yourself.

With regard to the insurance, it's like everything else, shop around. See what the cost is for insuring all your home contents and what for just your electronics. Check if you can get a policy for a couple of months, check the other conditions etc.
    If you are moving to another city within DE then you'll still need insurance there too, so you could just change the address on a standard annual policy.

Good luck.
    03-19-15 05:33 AM
    Did what you suggested. XD. Now I put his number on my phone, and... I checked Whatsapp. Apparently he gave me his real phone number! I can get his profile picture. And.. he updated his status on last Sunday. But I can't see his last online status.

If he is a scammer, why would he give me his real number? Doesn't make sense for me.
    Good that you did that. Get the Facebook pics, whatsapp profile pic and any other information about him and save it in usb. Better that you have information about him if he tries anything. And since offices are now open, why don't you contact the company and see if he works for them. That could put your mind at ease as well. If he doesn't work for them, perhaps then you can report to the police about a scammer posing as an employee from that establishment

Hope you had some sleep last night though

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 05:42 AM
    Save the Facebook pages and photographs to your computer and copy to a memory stick (or phone). Carry the memory stick until you know how things pan out.

With him being so public with his phone number and pictures, it looks like he may be a genuine sales agent. Can you see the Italian connection on his Facebook?.
    If he was young and just starting at the job then he could be a bit nervous and seem on edge. He may not even like the job and feels a bit guilty selling under pressure . This could explain his behaviour.
    Reporting to the police may be overkill, but you'll have to make that somewhat tricky decision yourself.

With regard to the insurance, it's like everything else, shop around. See what the cost is for insuring all your home contents and what for just your electronics. Check if you can get a policy for a couple of months, check the other conditions etc.
    If you are moving to another city within DE then you'll still need insurance there too, so you could just change the address on a standard annual policy.

Good luck.
    I also started to think that he is legit. ==. I won't go to the police now, because I've done everything I can with the bank. Now if there is any transaction going out from the account, the bank would contact me first and ask whether it really is me who made the transaction.

His name sounds Italian. I might do that with the insurance! Thank you so much. I've learned my lesson. I might be a bit too paranoid.
    03-19-15 05:48 AM
    Good that you did that. Get the Facebook pics, whatsapp profile pic and any other information about him and save it in usb. Better that you have information about him if he tries anything. And since offices are now open, why don't you contact the company and see if he works for them. That could put your mind at ease as well. If he doesn't work for them, perhaps then you can report to the police about a scammer posing as an employee from that establishment

Hope you had some sleep last night though

Posted via CB10
    I did have some sleep! . I've saved it in my phone. I've contacted the company, and guess what, they can't check about this man! Because he said that so many workers work for them, and some of them are even freelancers (but this Antonio showed me his ID card from UnityMedia). He said that this kind of practice is very normal, and every company does that. But he said that there is still a chance that he is a fake worker. There is no new application under my name, but the worker said that it is possible because the application was just made yesterday. He helped me to fax a letter to cancel my application should there is any new application on my name. And guess what more, he offered me a contract and discount, a voucher to become his customer...... he certainly isn't very perceptive, that I'm in no mood to do that now.

As someone has said before, on their Wikipedia page, this Unitymedia had some record of making their offer by going from door to door and pretending to check the antenna of the apartments. After the house owner let them in, they would try to make a sale.

Either he is just an inexperienced worker from a bad company, or not so intelligent swindler.. and he still answers my SMS and told me not to worry about it. ==
    baarn likes this.
    03-19-15 06:05 AM
    I did have some sleep! . I've saved it in my phone. I've contacted the company, and guess what, they can't check about this man! Because he said that so many workers work for them, and some of them are even freelancers (but this Antonio showed me his ID card from UnityMedia). He said that this kind of practice is very normal, and every company does that. But he said that there is still a chance that he is a fake worker. There is no new application under my name, but the worker said that it is possible because the application was just made yesterday. He helped me to fax a letter to cancel my application should there is any new application on my name. And guess what more, he offered me a contract and discount, a voucher to become his customer...... he certainly isn't very perceptive, that I'm in no mood to do that now.

As someone has said before, on their Wikipedia page, this Unitymedia had some record of making their offer by going from door to door and pretending to check the antenna of the apartments. After the house owner let them in, they would try to make a sale.

Either he is just an inexperienced worker from a bad company, or not so intelligent swindler.. and he still answers my SMS and told me not to worry about it. ==
    Great news, at least now that we know that's how that weird company works, it's not so worrying.

And since he still answered your texts, maybe he was just a nervous salesman who was trying to sell you something. Obviously the person you talked to was not very perceptive haha, I hope you kindly declined and said bye bye to the offer

So far everything seems okay, let's hope it was just bad business. Hope your feeling better too.

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 06:40 AM
    Great news, at least now that we know that's how that weird company works, it's not so worrying.

And since he still answered your texts, maybe he was just a nervous salesman who was trying to sell you something. Obviously the person you talked to was not very perceptive haha, I hope you kindly declined and said bye bye to the offer

So far everything seems okay, let's hope it was just bad business. Hope your feeling better too.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I just declined him the offer. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Thanks so much for all of the concern that all of you showed. This is such a great community. I just hope that all turns out well.
    03-19-15 07:09 AM
    But let this be a lesson to all. While this company may be legit it reeks of the tactics of a scam. Evening call. A deal offered. A pressure to sell. ( I'm new with the company? That's no reason to do business with a stranger). And a quick exit following an exchange of personnel information. And follow up contact is no sign of legitimacy. It's sometimes made to pressure a person to give up more money.

Remember. If it doesn't sound or feel right, it's probably not.

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 08:00 AM
    In the US, we have agencies like the Better Business Bureau to track bogus activity like this. Are there any consumer fraud alerts in your community with this company? I doubt that you are the only one that he has contacted. I would still alert the police or proper authority to see if this activity has been reported. You can't be quiet about it or he will continue to get away with it.

It is easy to get fake company credentials that look official and phish with them. I am always wary of phone and door to door contacts that I do not initiate. Also, regarding your bank account, I can't believe you don't have 24/7 access to customer service. Seems like that big a bank should. Even I've heard of Deutsche Bank, LOL.

BTW, hope the guy was legitimate and everything turns out OK.
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 08:20 AM
    But let this be a lesson to all. While this company may be legit it reeks of the tactics of a scam. Evening call. A deal offered. A pressure to sell. ( I'm new with the company? That's no reason to do business with a stranger). And a quick exit following an exchange of personnel information. And follow up contact is no sign of legitimacy. It's sometimes made to pressure a person to give up more money.

Remember. If it doesn't sound or feel right, it's probably not.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. True. That's why I suspected something. Smelled fishy. But I think I'm safe for now. Unless he decided to break in. I've made an arrangement with the bank that I would be informed for any transactions under that account, and would need a confirmation from me, whether it's a legitimate transaction or not.
    03-19-15 08:23 AM
    In the US, we have agencies like the Better Business Bureau to track bogus activity like this. Are there any consumer fraud alerts in your community with this company? I doubt that you are the only one that he has contacted. I would still alert the police or proper authority to see if this activity has been reported. You can't be quiet about it or he will continue to get away with it.

It is easy to get fake company credentials that look official and phish with them. I am always wary of phone and door to door contacts that I do not initiate. Also, regarding your bank account, I can't believe you don't have 24/7 access to customer service. Seems like that big a bank should. Even I've heard of Deutsche Bank, LOL.

BTW, hope the guy was legitimate and everything turns out OK.
    I don't know about such fraud alerts. I'll wait for some time, and if it's a real (what an irony) fraud, I would tell the police. I'm going to alert my landlady though. So she can alert all the neighbors.
    I will be suspicious now.

Actually my bank has a 24 hour customer service, and I managed to block my card almost instantly. But they can't block my account and their authority is minimal. But they assured me that he wouldn't be able to take all my money out from my account, because for that he would need an access to a bank.

Thank you very much friend!
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 03-19-15 at 10:18 AM.
    03-19-15 08:42 AM
    I don't know about such fraud alerts. I'll wait for some time, and if it's a real (what an irony) fraud, I would tell the police. I'm going to alert my landlady though. So she can alert all the neighbors.
    I will be suspicious now.

Actually my bank has a 24 hour customer service, and I managed to block my card almost instantly. But they can't block my account and their authority is minimal. But they assured me that he wouldn't be able to take all my money out from my account, because for that he would need an access to a bank account.

Thank you very much friend!
    Yeah, it is a sad state of affairs that the world has turned us so suspicious. We can't trust anyone .
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 09:36 AM
    From your username I take you are Indonesian? If so I'd like to share this information so we're being more careful

Baru tau ada tipu tipu model ngaku ngaku jadi penyedia provider internet, door to door gitu

PS: If you're not Indonesian you can ignore my Indonesian words, lol

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 09:46 AM
    From your username I take you are Indonesian? If so I'd like to share this information so we're being more careful

Baru tau ada tipu tipu model ngaku ngaku jadi penyedia provider internet, door to door gitu

PS: If you're not Indonesian you can ignore my Indonesian words, lol

I'm Indonesian!

Iya. Ati2. Hahaha. Di Indo gatau tuh ada penipuan model begini apa ngga. Jadi takut percaya orang. Mungkin ada sih ngaku2 orang telkom, tapi di Indo semua pake seragam. Di sini jarang pada pake seragam. ==
    03-19-15 10:21 AM
    Yang penting tenang bro, kalau pikiran tenang baru bisa mikir jernih jangan panik
    Yang pasti berdoa juga minta perlindungan ama Tuhan!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 10:23 AM
    I'm Indonesian!

Iya. Ati2. Hahaha. Di Indo gatau tuh ada penipuan model begini apa ngga. Jadi takut percaya orang. Mungkin ada sih ngaku2 orang telkom, tapi di Indo semua pake seragam. Di sini jarang pada pake seragam. ==
    Baru ngeh, lagi di Jerman ya, di Koln, iya di Indonesia sih macem macem bentuk tipu tipunya, kalo di barat kan lebih ke scam tipu alus, tapi ketemu langsung gitu

Nah di sini mah yang ketemu langsung udah biasany kekerasan kan, begal segala macem, gilak pokoknya

Kalo yang ngaku ngaku gitu aja biasanya lewat sms mama minta pulsa atau semacamnya haha

==

Well you really should be careful, it seems that indeed it's a scam, I think, given that logically some officials from any institution won't barge into your private property, unless you willingly give them right to do so

If you really worried, you can always come back to Indonesia, lol!

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 10:50 AM
    English please!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 02:03 PM
    English please!

Posted via CB10
    Always English? Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:03 PM
    To Andy

Since 24 hours have elapsed hopefully it was just a bad business dealer.

But it pays to always be on high alert since almost everyone is being bloody fraudulent nowadays lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:08 PM
    Achoooo~! Did someone talk behind my back?

To Andy

Since 24 hours have elapsed hopefully it was just a bad business dealer.

But it pays to always be on high alert since almost everyone is being bloody fraudulent nowadays lol.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 03:14 PM
    Achoooo~! Did someone talk behind my back?

Posted via CB10
    Lol I wouldn't know, I'm not indonesian

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-19-15 03:21 PM
    Yang penting tenang bro, kalau pikiran tenang baru bisa mikir jernih jangan panik
    Yang pasti berdoa juga minta perlindungan ama Tuhan!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    Okay Gan! Makasih yaa.
    03-19-15 03:30 PM
    Baru ngeh, lagi di Jerman ya, di Koln, iya di Indonesia sih macem macem bentuk tipu tipunya, kalo di barat kan lebih ke scam tipu alus, tapi ketemu langsung gitu

Nah di sini mah yang ketemu langsung udah biasany kekerasan kan, begal segala macem, gilak pokoknya

Kalo yang ngaku ngaku gitu aja biasanya lewat sms mama minta pulsa atau semacamnya haha

==

Well you really should be careful, it seems that indeed it's a scam, I think, given that logically some officials from any institution won't barge into your private property, unless you willingly give them right to do so

If you really worried, you can always come back to Indonesia, lol!

Yoi.. hahaha. Pernah juga ampir ketipu pulsa. Hahaha. Dasar emang gampang kena tipu. XD

Yes... he's tricked me.. hahaha. Maybe! Hahaha. I miss Indonesian food. :-D
    03-19-15 03:53 PM
    English please!

Posted via CB10
    We'll try! But English is overrated! Hahaha.
    03-19-15 03:54 PM
77 1234