I'm not going to lie. I hated my 9650, the web browsing was atrocious, gaming was awful, os6 was a disaster.... but the overall usability is bar none the best. I've been rocking a nexus s 4g. It's a nice phone, the screen is gorgeous, I'm able to do things I never dreamed of (dling mp3s straight to phone) , the web browsing is FAR superior, and it just feels like a more cohesive OS. However, I miss the form factor of a bb, i miss being able to type a name and dialing instantly, I miss pumping out emails and texts in seconds, I miss how bluetooth streaming actually worked perfectly in my car.... The BB just worked.

Now I don't think I could go back to BB OS, but I'm patiently waiting for a phone with QNX and the hardware of a 9930, also you better put an AF camera on it too or it's instant fail RIM.
    10-10-11 07:58 PM
    You can download MP3 directly on BlackBerry with the Amazon MP3 app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 08:04 PM
    Yeah, you'd be shocked how much better the 9930 is than your old 9650. I have a bunch of mp3's on my device. Downloaded directly to my phone in seconds.

10-10-11 08:17 PM
    I feel and understand your pain. The contract for both the wife's and my 9650's with big red was going to end September 1. Starting in July, I began researching every android model I could find. I am a big research geek. Right after labor day weekend, the wife and I renewed the contract with big red and both got brand new Motorola Droid 3's.

The D3 is a pretty slick device and can do some impressive web and multimedia things my 9650 could never do. Bonus was that the D3's screen looked great doing them. However I immediately noticed that the D3 just did not feel right in my hand and its overall useability for my work, a couple of hundred of emails and texts to read a day and some listserv posting, was low compared to my 9650. I then remebered the steep learning curve for my first 9630 and just how much I had customized it with a couple of 3rd party apps. (Remember I'm a research geek, I track things like this.) So I forced myself to go 10 full days on the D3. I was not going to make an emotional reaction. I even tricked the D3 out with several apps. At the end of the 10 day period, I just could not shake the uncomfortable in my hands feeling and the continued low suitability for my needs of the D3.

So I walked into the corporate big red store in town. Took a solid look-see at the Droid Bionic, which had been released after I got the D3. And then promptly shelled out the money for a brand new 9930. Yes I had to pay a $35 restocking fee to big red, so what. The 9930 immediatly felt right and was able to do what I needed.

Awhile back Kevin posted his Smartphone of Needs Pyramid based on Mazlow's Hirearchy of Needs theory. This was a very powerful analysis of how do you actually use your smartphone device. Not what you want the device to do or what you want to brag about your device doing; what your device can actually do. For me, the 9930 better matched my needs (messaging, fit and suitability to purpose) than the D3. As an aside, my wife kept her D3. But that was Mazlow and Kevin's point. My wife's smartphone needs are different than mine. In the end, you need to know your smartphone needs and work only with them. Trying to adjust your needs to your device is a recipe for disaster. Always remember your smartphone is a tool and you are its master. if the tool you are using is not right for the job, you will never master your task.

Good luck,
    Zegra
    10-10-11 09:55 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Miss blackberry but refuse to go back to bb OS due to my horrible experience with the 9650. Plus I'm addicted to Androids notification system x Flash. Miss bb form factor tho! Tough! Might give the 9930 a shot. Beautiful phone

10-10-11 11:04 PM
    I left my Experia X1 (windows 6.0) for the Evo and obviously there were some pro's to the Android, but the daily functionality just didn't seem to be there to me. I'm now on a BB 9930 (my first flagship BB) and absolutely love it! I even get the great browsing now, so it seems to me, to be untouchable for the title of the best and most reliable communication device.
    10-10-11 11:37 PM
    me too! but I will be back on nov 2 because im going to buy a 9900!! I personally hate my galaxy S and want a reliable phone. and nothing beats BB.
    10-17-11 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD