I've always known I was addicted. I just think I was in denial until today. I was sitting in class when a man walked into my class and pulled my professor aside and told him something. After, my professor announced that a tornado warning was in effect for our county. (I live in Oklahoma and lately the weather has been crazy unpredictable.) My professor went on to talk about where the tornado warning pertained to, but all I could think about was bb

Our class was dismissed and I go to walk outside, and there is this terrential downpour I mean it was raining cats and dogs. I'm from Arizona so I imagine it was equivalent to our yearly rainfall...lol. Most people are worrying about getting home. Not me, I'm thinking about how I'm NOT going to get my bb wet.

I put my bb in my backpack, and I'm about to make a run for it, and I stop. Quickly thoughts emerge about how the rain is most likely going to drench my backpack. I could just see my bb getting wet. I take out the bb and put it in my pocket. I keep my hand on top of my bb thinking, if I do get soaked least my hand will be wet first. I have my car keys in my other hand, I'm ready to go! I take off running to my car, and when I get to the car I'm completely soaked. The only thing that was dry: my bb As I was sitting in the car I kind of chuckled to myself, and thats when I had the a-ha moment. I realized, YES MY NAME IS STEFANIE AND I'M ADDICTED TO MY BLACKBERRY! Then my second thought was, I have to let my fellow crackberry addicts know about my experience. I honestly dont think the non-blackberry members of society would appreciate it as much.

Thankfully, I made it home safe, the tornado warning since has expired, and most of all my blackberry is dry!
    04-09-08 08:31 PM
    glad to hear you're safe and the worry is normal lol i would have done the same thing
    04-09-08 08:35 PM
    Haha you're like a good mother, putting your child before your own well being!
    04-09-08 08:36 PM
    I worry about my BB, Canon & XPS notebook about the same, so I understand. I have a waterproof backpack that I keep them in as I live in the rainy NW. I'm a member of the BB, Canon & notebook forums too.
    So, I guess I'm a techie addict.

Oh yes... my wife just told me to quit playing with my BB and get back to work... nag, nag. I'm a webmaster and photographer by trade.
    04-09-08 08:41 PM
    Yes at least the BB was safe
    04-09-08 08:57 PM
    My gf always tells me to put my "phone" down. I tell her not until she calls it by its proper name.
    04-09-08 09:03 PM
    My wife has a berry and still gives me what's-the-fascination-with-the-berry- look. Obviously, she's not a member of CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 09:16 PM
    Since you live where the weather is unpredictable, I'd suggest you always bring a ziplock bag that your BB can fit in. If you always bring a bag, it won't be too much of a hassle. You'll never know when that rain will penetrate your bag.

04-09-08 09:22 PM
    then you need an app to notify the weather or something else to get alert about tornado warning inmediattly =)
    04-09-08 09:43 PM
    haha i get the whole " why do you have to be on your bb all the time" talk everywhere we go lol stores, dinner, car(driving or not), movies... its not so much a talk anymore as its mostly just a look followed by "JEFF!!!" lol
    04-09-08 09:43 PM
    I knew i was addicted when i got into a heated argument of which was better between the tilt, the dash and sidekick and everyone around me said all was better than blackberry, the hurt to my heart and emotion i expressed after that statement let me know..i was addicted...if anyone says any phone i better than a blackberry, thats fighting words...lol
    04-10-08 01:15 AM
    I knew i was addicted when i got into a heated argument of which was better between the tilt, the dash and sidekick and everyone around me said all was better than blackberry, the hurt to my heart and emotion i expressed after that statement let me know..i was addicted...if anyone says any phone i better than a blackberry, thats fighting words...lol
    I agree, I have a niece who still has a chessy flip phone, I think she has a razor, ewww!!! I've been telling her to buy a curve or a pearl, she needs to get rid of her throwback phone that ppl get free with contracts, she thought the sk was better than a bb, until she tried out mine for a few minutes, now she knows what she's been missing
    04-10-08 01:30 AM
    shoot, my blackberry turns into an umbrella sometimes.

i don't know where the F that came from.
    04-10-08 01:33 AM
    The worst part about my BB, the darn battery can't keep up with my usage. Ever since the 4.5 os upgrade, my battery seems to last not quite as long as it use to, which I'm ok with. My wife on the other hand, LOVES THIS... she thinks when I go for the charger its the sign of life coming back into me... this is life before my BB... we go to dinner, and my Curve gets abused... we go to my daughters dance class... and again, same story. I cant honestly think of a place I haven't gotten "in trouble" for playing with my BB....
    01-28-09 09:15 PM
    I couldnt sleep at night without jumping up and checkin my BB to see if I had a new message and/or my "fave" BB buddy sent me any new picsand I get excited when I see someone else with a BB, I feel like I found a long lost brother or sister...LMAO...I refuse to go to REHAB, because REHAB is for QUITTERS...
    01-29-09 12:14 AM
    I've always known I was addicted. I just think I was in denial until today. I was sitting in class when a man walked into my class and pulled my professor aside and told him something. After, my professor announced that a tornado warning was in effect for our county. (I live in Oklahoma and lately the weather has been crazy unpredictable.) My professor went on to talk about where the tornado warning pertained to, but all I could think about was bb

Our class was dismissed and I go to walk outside, and there is this terrential downpour I mean it was raining cats and dogs. I'm from Arizona so I imagine it was equivalent to our yearly rainfall...lol. Most people are worrying about getting home. Not me, I'm thinking about how I'm NOT going to get my bb wet.

I put my bb in my backpack, and I'm about to make a run for it, and I stop. Quickly thoughts emerge about how the rain is most likely going to drench my backpack. I could just see my bb getting wet. I take out the bb and put it in my pocket. I keep my hand on top of my bb thinking, if I do get soaked least my hand will be wet first. I have my car keys in my other hand, I'm ready to go! I take off running to my car, and when I get to the car I'm completely soaked. The only thing that was dry: my bb As I was sitting in the car I kind of chuckled to myself, and thats when I had the a-ha moment. I realized, YES MY NAME IS STEFANIE AND I'M ADDICTED TO MY BLACKBERRY! Then my second thought was, I have to let my fellow crackberry addicts know about my experience. I honestly dont think the non-blackberry members of society would appreciate it as much.

Thankfully, I made it home safe, the tornado warning since has expired, and most of all my blackberry is dry!

Good thing u were safe... and not extemely bad happened.. other then the warning..
    01-29-09 01:28 PM
    The worst part about my BB, the darn battery can't keep up with my usage. Ever since the 4.5 os upgrade, my battery seems to last not quite as long as it use to, which I'm ok with. My wife on the other hand, LOVES THIS... she thinks when I go for the charger its the sign of life coming back into me... this is life before my BB... we go to dinner, and my Curve gets abused... we go to my daughters dance class... and again, same story. I cant honestly think of a place I haven't gotten "in trouble" for playing with my BB....
    same here.. i'm on my bb all the time.. it's my lifeline.. if it goes dead.. it'll drive me crazy till i get it charged or a new phone
    01-29-09 01:29 PM
    lmao my girl gets mad at me too because i supposedly pay more attention to my blackberry than her
    01-30-09 10:03 AM
    You all have to live with dead BB batteries? I can't ever let mine go dead!!!
    01-30-09 11:49 AM
    My gf always tells me to put my "phone" down. I tell her not until she calls it by its proper name.

I do the SAME thing to my husband. He finally understood when he got one.
    02-03-09 03:27 PM
    I knew I was addicted the first time I wished I had a 3rd hand so that I never had to put my blackberry down! Lol.
    02-04-09 01:54 PM
    I knew that not only I was an addict but also my organization when during a meeting with my boss and my bosses boss all three of our BlackBerrys received an email and we all stopped talking to check them. We then proceeded to respond to the email and text our teams.
    02-10-09 01:05 PM
    I knew I was addicted when I wanted to bring my bold into my ochem lab room..yeah we work with corrosive bromine and hydrochloric acid but whatever! I actually didn't though because my friends thought I was crazy that I didn't want to put it down for the three hours we are in lab. But still..that's when I knew haha!

02-11-09 04:17 AM
    I knew I was addicted when I started reaching for my berry before my coffee.
    02-14-09 07:39 AM
    I couldnt sleep at night without jumping up and checkin my BB to see if I had a new message and/or my "fave" BB buddy sent me any new picsand I get excited when I see someone else with a BB, I feel like I found a long lost brother or sister...LMAO...I refuse to go to REHAB, because REHAB is for QUITTERS...

I'm the same way when I see ppl with berries..

I knew I was addicted when my I was in the car sitting shotgun with my berry on my lap(waiting for a bbm reply) and my shorty made a sharp *** turn to avoid a car speeding down the wrong way and my baby slid into my cup of liqour in the cup holder lol..

Not only did a tear drop stain my cheek, but I cursed my girl out for messing up my 8700 instead of asking her if she was ok.. Plus I kept hearing my ringtone go off untill asurion sent out my replacement.. It was a terrible experience

02-15-09 09:15 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD