Anyone like me constantly charging their battery even when it's 90% full. Haha, I charge mind whatever chance I can get all day at work, home and in my car. I don't know what I would do if my BB die out of battery and shuts off on me. :|
    09-05-09 11:36 PM
    Omg I'm just like u! Even if its 99% ill still charge it up :/ but the guy at this wireless store said its not good! It will somehow kill battery life faster lol he said wait till its low battery to charge but I love the fact that I'm always at 100% batt life!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:48 AM
    Never. I like letting mine go all the way down to 10-15% before charging. I feel like it will make the battery last longer. Maybe I'm just nuts.
    09-06-09 09:49 PM
    Well at least I'm not crazy. I have a charger at work and I hate to see it go below 80%. I carry my charger on Saturday on trips to the mall. Not a car charger, my regular one. Am I so afraid that I would fine an outlet at Macy's. Crack Rehab here I come!

09-06-09 10:02 PM
    Wow lol that is bad I let mine die all the time. And charge it to full

09-07-09 12:03 AM
    Anyone like me constantly charging their battery even when it's 90% full. Haha, I charge mind whatever chance I can get all day at work, home and in my car. I don't know what I would do if my BB die out of battery and shuts off on me. :|
    This is exactly what you should do. Top it off as often as possible. There is
    no danger of overcharging the battery. Once it is full the circuitry stops
    all charging. 90% might be overkill though.

Never. I like letting mine go all the way down to 10-15% before charging. I feel like it will make the battery last longer. Maybe I'm just nuts.
    This is the ABSOLUTE WORST thing you can do. Eventually, after enough
    deep discharges, the battery will NEVER fully charge and will shorten the
    life of the battery.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Simple Guidelines

* Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.)
    09-07-09 05:14 AM
    I recharge mine wen it gets to about 40%
    09-07-09 06:32 AM
    YAY!!!! I'm not the only one!! =D I KEEP my phone on my charger!
    09-08-09 11:59 AM
    Every now and then I will let mine run down really low before I charge it. May not be the way to go though after reading this thread.

I am never far away from a charger. Have one I carry in my briefcase, two chargers in different rooms at home, a charger in my truck and one in my wife's car. Im covered!!
    09-08-09 02:23 PM
    I let mine go down till 60-65% then do a full charge. I read somewhere that you are not supposed to let it drop to low levels as this is bad for your battery life. Since blackberry batteries are lithium ions, they need to be fully charged all the time
    09-08-09 06:55 PM
    Ok I'm not the only one then.. I charge mine every night and leave it on the charger til I get up for work. When its my day off or weekends I let it stay on til 10am.
    I use my bb all day and my battery never goes below 40%..

09-09-09 10:43 PM
    Usually mine has a out 30% left at the end of the night and i put it on the charger then
    09-09-09 11:08 PM
    I don't let mine get lower than half. I never know if I might have to rely on it for an extended time and run out of juice!
    09-09-09 11:47 PM
    usually around 40-50% and I'll charge mine. Yesterday was an intense day though and my berry was down to 25% when I finally got it to a charger lol
    09-10-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD