Since I got this phone I can't be apart of it! Its a very strong addiction!! It consumes almost every hour of my day, I'm just so in love with it. Its the best phone I've ever had! And I will never go back to any other phone, Once you go Blackberry you never go back! So congratulations to those who recently got their 8900's or those who are waiting for it, and to those who are still thinking on getting it, c'mon you'll never regret it!! I love my babyberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:40 PM
    It is an awesome phone that's for sure
    10-27-09 01:24 PM
    Since I got this phone I can't be apart of it! Its a very strong addiction!! It consumes almost every hour of my day, I'm just so in love with it. Its the best phone I've ever had! And I will never go back to any other phone, Once you go Blackberry you never go back! So congratulations to those who recently got their 8900's or those who are waiting for it, and to those who are still thinking on getting it, c'mon you'll never regret it!! I love my babyberry!!!

The ability to customize your Berry is amazing.

I hate robotic ringtones and have voice responses for all my addressbook contacts and alarm programs that tell me everything from the top of the hour time each hour of the day, voice reminders for all of my favorite TV and sporting events and a variety of other reminders. People around me are always asking what type of phone I have and how it is so smart.

The customizations you can do to your Berry do take time but I've never found any other technology tool that is so flexible and useful.

Every now and then I look at other phones on the market and all of them always wind up being lacking. And don't even get me started on that iToy thing.
    10-27-09 01:47 PM
    My first smart phone is my 8320. I love it, wish I'd have done more research first, I can't to all I want, not enough internal memory. I've done everything possible to delete .cod files. Now the search begins. I'm with Tmo and am deciding on the 8900 or waiting to see if they get the 9700. I'll wait and see if they have any holiday deals going in a month. I'm not ever switching back to a dumb phone. As long as RIM doesn't do something totaly stupid, I'll always have a BB

10-27-09 04:21 PM
    My first smart phone is my 8320. I love it, wish I'd have done more research first, I can't to all I want, not enough internal memory. I've done everything possible to delete .cod files. Now the search begins. I'm with Tmo and am deciding on the 8900 or waiting to see if they get the 9700. I'll wait and see if they have any holiday deals going in a month. I'm not ever switching back to a dumb phone. As long as RIM doesn't do something totaly stupid, I'll always have a BB

I completely love my 8900 and have a lot of work invested in setting it up. With that said, I strongly recommend that you sit on your hands and wait for the 9700. There is absolutely no reason to get an 8900 at this point in time when the 9700 is just days away from being released. The differences between the 8900 and the 9700 won't be that dramatic (trackpad, 3G) but there is no real logical reason to go with an 8900 at this point in time.

I might keep my 8900 for awhile after the 9700 comes out but that's just because I am very comfortable with this device and love it.

Given your scenario of going from the 83xx series, you would be better off to wait for the 9700 which is supposed to be released sometime between November 11 and November 23rd.
    10-27-09 06:56 PM
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back? Actually, I was considering downgrading. Maybe it's just the Pearl, but this is the crappiest phone I've ever had!!! I pay too much, monthly, to put up with this crap... But I do think it will be difficult to have another type of phone, I must say!

11-02-09 01:59 PM
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back? Actually, I was considering downgrading. Maybe it's just the Pearl, but this is the crappiest phone I've ever had!!! I pay too much, monthly, to put up with this crap... But I do think it will be difficult to have another type of phone, I must say!

8130? Dude, you need to upgrade to another BB. They're soooo much more improved.
    11-03-09 02:16 PM
    8130? Dude, you need to upgrade to another BB. They're soooo much more improved.
    Maybe I should upgrade. But I can't afford a new phone. My friend offered to give me his Curve for free, but then sold it to somebody else. What is the best BB, in your opinion? I hate those touch screen ones!

11-03-09 02:43 PM
    Maybe I should upgrade. But I can't afford a new phone. My friend offered to give me his Curve for free, but then sold it to somebody else. What is the best BB, in your opinion? I hate those touch screen ones!

I guess a lot depends on who your carrier is and if you can switch but right now, I'd say the 8900 and 9700 (discounting the Storm II since you don't want a touch screen). These two devices are awsome. I suppose I should also mention the Tour. Pretty comparable so go with whichever service provider you prefer.
    11-03-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD