View Poll Results: should i cut my mohawk?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 69.23%
  • no

4 30.77%
    it is about... i would say 6 inchs.

i have had it for about half a year and i love it.

the only reason i want to cut it because i am having trouble getting a job.

heres a pic of my hair.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...1/DSC_0001.jpg
    12-16-08 10:50 PM
    If its holding you back from getting a job then I would say yes, cut it.
    12-16-08 11:01 PM

heres a pic of my hair.

For me the hairdo is very dated. I have been seeing mohawks since the 70's so their not as "special" as they once were. When you see 30 or more people wearing them in the mall or just on the street, it's like tats, and piercings to me, if everyone has one, why would I want one?

If you are having trouble getting a job, it is more than your hair that is holding you back. Once you figure out you can wear what you want, have your hair any style you like, when you are NOT working, then you will have made a step in the right direction. Sure there are places you can work with any style hair or clothing style you like, and there are places where it's not going to fly being "special". You just have to decide which is most important to you finding a job you like, or looking the way you want 24/7. When you think of it, who is the mowhawk for anyway, you or the world? If you are like 99% of us, you are not watching video of yourself at the end of the day. So like the ladies you are spending the time doing up your hair for the rest of us. So I say, it's been 6 months, what else ya got?

Heck cut it, save it, and paste it on when you wanna party. I have a buddy that does that, and he's normally smooth as a beach ball.
    12-17-08 02:02 AM
    THAT, is holding you back from getting a job. Whoda thunk it.

Seriously, if it is impeding you finding a job, well you know what
    you have to do.
    12-17-08 02:03 AM

heres a pic of my hair.

*** by the way ...the plant behind you needs water
    12-17-08 08:29 AM
    I will tell you, I used to be in the position of hiring people and training them. Even if the bosses above me were looking to hire someone they called me to be at the interview as well because I was the trainer of all new emoployees.
    1) the mohawk has to go, atleast instead of spiking it comb it down and look presentable.
    2) the piercing in the lip, most management look at his as a sign of rebellion and it does not look professional. if you can take it out for work and put it in when your off that would be better.

You have to realize when you go to a job interview the people hiring look at you as the customers would. if it might be offinsive or in anyway make a customer or clients feel uncomfortable then you won't get the job. Always look around at other employees whatever the majority does is probably company policy...ie...clean shaved, jewlery, hair cut, etc...
    Sometimes this is for safty as well as just appearence.
    Best of luck getting a job, hope it works for ya.
    12-17-08 09:51 AM
    *** by the way ...the plant behind you needs water
    No, Not Really. We have two of those plants at our office, and they all look that way, watered or not.

Anyway-

Where are you planning on working?

Unless Your Planning at working at a Hot Topic- I don't think your hair do is appropriate.

Or Even the Piercing-

Can You Try Leaning More Towards a Faux Hawk?
    12-17-08 11:02 AM
    Did your mother not hug you enough?
    12-17-08 04:11 PM
    I would say if it's keeping you from getting employment that it would be necessary to cut it.
    12-17-08 09:09 PM
    I've seen people with wild looks like mohawks and full sleeve tattoos and piercings and what not. I've always wondered where they work and if they can pay they bills.

If I could, I'd have a lot of tattoos, but in my field it's just not feasible. So I have two options, work at a place where I can have full arm sleeves (a factory?) or have a job I want (sort of!!)

I always thought when I was younger and my hair was down to the middle of my back, then when I got older I'd be a grown up. Not the case, being grown up is a choice.
    12-17-08 09:38 PM
    CRAP! I voted wrong in your poll!! The thread title is "I have a mohawk" so I opened it and voted "no" without reading that you were asking us whether or not you cut yours, I read after.

Sorry i skewed your data, cut the thing off.
    12-17-08 09:40 PM
    I work in the construction field ( residential homes ) and it's pretty much wear and look how you want . BUT if I was looking to hire you and you showed up for work sporting the mohawk , I'd ask you to lose it when you came into work tomorrow . I have nothing against mohawks , lip piercings etc... but you need to realize that employees are a reflection of the company and allowing employees to have the " rebellious " appearance will raise the question of just how trustworthy/ ethical the CEO's of the company are .

And the wrong impressions can lead to a decrease in business...and no employeer is going to let that happen...especially over something as trivial as a hairstyle
    12-17-08 09:58 PM
    For The Love Of All Things Holy Cut It Please
    12-17-08 10:19 PM
    Growing up sux doesn't it?
    12-18-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD