Yay! I scored a wicked deal on a new Sony Blu Ray player last night. Paid 160 instead of the advertised 298.00! I am loving the picture and sound on my plasma. Outstanding! I wish I would have made the move sooner. The wife and I watched Black Hawk Down and Polar Express and were blown away. Christmas came early!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 04:43 PM
    Isn't it great? I've even been watching anything that's BluRay, even if the movies are crap. The definition alone just makes up for it. haha

I've been renting movies mostly. but as the prices start coming down, my collection will start growing.
    11-14-08 05:16 PM
    My local walmart has really good deals on blurays. My wife preordered Disney's Wall-E and I am really looking forward to seeing it in bluray. It is my favorite disney pixar. And of course...The Dark Knight is going to kick *** in bluray! What sucks is some of my favorite movies, I've already bought on DVD and eventually I am going to have to get em in bluray.

11-14-08 05:35 PM
    Been having a blu-ray player for two years. Buuuut I just got a 40 inch 1080P Sony Bravia. Blu-Rays look absolutely stunning! PS3...FTW???!!! Lol

11-14-08 11:24 PM
    Almost got the ps3 for bluray but I am a 360 fan. Can't beat their online play

11-14-08 11:47 PM
    Almost got the ps3 for bluray but I am a 360 fan. Can't beat their online play

I have both! BUT.. still prefer my 360 for games. Nice having both for those console exclusives though You play Gears2 yet?
    11-15-08 02:15 AM
    Oh BTW I got my PS3 for free!! Don't Hate!!!!
    11-15-08 02:16 AM
    I love Blu-ray. I have my PS3 and Xbox360 w/ HDdvd drive...Sad hddvd went away because the movies came in both standard DVD and HDDVD. Just had to flip the disc.

For your Blu-ray player you have to get "The Incredible Hulk' The new one with Ed Norton as Bruce Banner. That movie is stunning in Blu-ray..."SLeeping Beauty" WOW is all i can say for that one and also "The Nightmare Before Xmas" Holy cow....

As for Wall-e the Site HighDefdigest.com said it is amazing when they just reviewed it. The called it a MUST OWN! 5 out of 5 for Picture Quality and Sound. Although you cant really go wrong with any of the PIXAR flicks on Blu-ray!

Anyone else got any good titles worth giving a Shot on Blu Ray?

Netflix Rocks....Great Blu ray rental selection!
    11-15-08 11:28 AM
    I love blu ray! I got a ps3 by far the best blu ray player on the market and a top gaming system and multimedia hub! I hardly buy movies anymore. I just download them and watch them on my tv via the ps3!

As far as good titles on blu ray almost any Disney movie. The pirates movies were awesome. I think apocalypto was stunning! Planet earth was great.

I'm gonna but walle and the dark knight on blu ray. But I hate to double dip on movies I already own on DVD. But I might break down and buy v for vendetta and transformers.

11-15-08 11:48 AM
    I double dip only for the really cool stuff..Like when Jurassic Park Finally comes out i will make sure to have that one. I got Kung Fu Panda and HellBoy 2 waiting for me at home thanks to netflix.I didn't catch either of those in the Theater. I cant wait.
    11-15-08 12:12 PM
    Been having a blu-ray player for two years. Buuuut I just got a 40 inch 1080P Sony Bravia. Blu-Rays look absolutely stunning! PS3...FTW???!!!
    I been using the PS3 on my Sony Bravia 40" 1080p too!!!

First movie I saw bluray was Ghost Rider.
    Watch The Hulk last week. LOL.

11-15-08 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD