I know this is a little unorthodox...but...does anyone else have a serious infestation of green bottle flies lately? I can't seem to find the source of what they are coming from but there is nothing dead in our house and it is completely clean. I heard its their season. I've killed about 15 flies in the house since yesterday and more keep coming along. The flies are huge--they are like Arnold Schwarzenegger flies. You swat them as hard as you can and they get right back up. Even if you think you f*** the fly up he still takes off. LOL. Anyone else seeing the flies lately?
    08-26-12 05:01 PM
    Go on to Amazon.com and look up electric fly swatters, their quality is cheap, so they wont last forever, but they work well.
    We bought the ones that take d batteries, they are supposed to be strong enough to take out large bugs (we use ours for gnats).
    They look like tennis plastic rackets, and you will never have so much fun killing flies

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 05:50 PM
    Yeah my mom wants one of those. Me? I'm for the old fashioned bug zapper that you plug in and sit and watch with a beer!
    08-26-12 07:11 PM
    Yeah my mom wants one of those. Me? I'm for the old fashioned bug zapper that you plug in and sit and watch with a beer!
    Loved my old zapper. It was the biggest one I could find at the time and took 3 guys and a pygmy to hang it in the tree. The buzzes and then sparklies as the cremated insect corpses fell to the ground was big excitement back then. We'd get an occasional monster moth the size of a small sparrow hit the grid. Time to break out the lawn chairs and come watch the show. It would buzz and pop for a long time till the sorrowful thud as the burned out hulk hit the ground. I'm not so sure it reduced the mosquito population any more than the potentially helpful bugs, but it was fun. (This was before politically correct forced me to eat my Big Macs in front of the PETA crowd)
    troshs likes this.
    09-06-12 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD