I currently have a blackberry Tour and an insurance plan with Verizon. I am looking to claim to have lost my Tour and have a new one sent to me for $75 because of my insurance. I then plan on selling both phones and using my old Curve until the Tour 2 comes out.

My question is, is this even possible? I've never sold a phone before and don't really know the steps I need to take.
    01-18-10 07:25 AM
    I don't think it would be wise to take that route. You could probably sell your tour for $300 or more on craigslist and that would be a lot easier than committing fraud.
    01-18-10 07:31 AM
    I currently have a blackberry Tour and an insurance plan with Verizon. I am looking to claim to have lost my Tour and have a new one sent to me for $75 because of my insurance. I then plan on selling both phones and using my old Curve until the Tour 2 comes out.

My question is, is this even possible? I've never sold a phone before and don't really know the steps I need to take.
    You will not be able to sell the Tour that is claimed to be lost. That pin will be blacklisted in Rims Servers and thus unusable.
    01-18-10 07:32 AM
    some people would call that insurance fraud...
    01-18-10 08:55 AM
    I would try Craigslist. But make sure you make enough profit to cover your bail money for the felony you are contemplating.
    01-18-10 02:11 PM
    Good Luck with That
    01-18-10 02:20 PM
    Hey guys, I didn't know this was fraud, that's why I asked here. Let's say perhaps, I did lose my blackberry and I was given a new one and I wanted to just sell that new one that I was given, is there anything wrong with that?

Like I said, I never sold a phone before and I don't wanna break any laws or screw anyone over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 05:12 PM
    yeah, there's something wrong with that.

and if it were on the up and up, you'd still have to pay the contract charges...
    01-18-10 05:23 PM
    first of all when a phone is reported lost, the esn is blocked and it cannot be used.
    And it is fraud and this is why we are going to have to pay a higher ETF and among other reasons. They are making getting a replacement tougher because too many people take advantage. Legit reasons for a replacement phone are going to be tougher to prove now because of all these idiots who have ruined it for those of us who are honest.
    01-18-10 10:15 PM
    I called last week for a replacement phone and the first thing they did was list all the reasons why I'd have to pay for the new phone, all the rules, and all the stipulations why it might not pass muster for a replacement. i was so disappointed, i hung up and kept my phone.
    01-18-10 11:56 PM
    Hey guys, I haven't done this ever and after reading these reactions I won't ever do it. I was just looking at options and clearly this isn't a good one. Thanks for the input.

Remember, ******** and idiots don't ask questions, they just do.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-19-10 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Language
    01-19-10 07:28 AM

I think what you are proposing is sleazy and unethical.

For anyone looking to legitimately sell a BlackBerry, I recently used Craig's List to sell an 8900 and couldn't have been more pleased with the results.

Unfortunately, people like this anastasiophan will ruin private-party sales like this because he'll sell an illegal phone and then the poor buyer won't be able to activate the phone and the poor buyer will get screwed (carriers usually permanently deactivate phones that are reported stolen).

If anyone ever runs into someone like this anastasiophan, they oughta run the other way.
    01-20-10 08:24 PM
    Come on guys, back off. At least she asked before she did anything, and she's stated twice now that she's not going to do it and that it was clearly not a good option. I completely agree that it's the people out there who do things like that, that ultimately screw over those of us who are honest, but clearly she's not one of them. No need to keep bashing her when she's said she's not doing it.

I do have to admit though, the "But make sure you make enough profit to cover your bail money for the felony you are contemplating," post was pretty funny.
    01-20-10 09:27 PM
    Thank you mojo. I honestly didn't know it would be screwing someone over for doing that, that's why I came here to ask. Now I know. Granted, you were all unnecessarily harsh, thank you for answering my question.
    01-20-10 10:10 PM
    I think that line was comical, too!

And no, we weren't ALL harsh, but we were honest.

This forum can come down pretty hard on the innocent questions, unknowing suspects, and those honestly trying to learn.
    01-20-10 11:44 PM
    You are right, you weren't all harsh, sorry for generalizing. That's how forums work though. 80% of posters are immature and attack every innocent person. To the others, thank you for saving me from making a big mistake!

01-22-10 04:44 PM
    I agree. There are no stupid questions. It's always better to be on the safe side. it's unfortunate that asking opens you up to criticism, name calling and/or attack.
    01-22-10 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD