You all make me sick.

I drive a Ford Expedition and it only get s like 14 mpg. I drive 18 miles each way to and from work. Costs me like $100 a week not to mention my wifes costs. I am 6'6" and like 350 # plus. I need a big ride to fit. Gas prices just suck.
    07-19-08 09:16 PM
    gas and diesel fuel prices suck. the price shot up so fast people didn't even have time to budget for it.a lot of people don't have the extra money for the fuel so somethings go undone.the average working person can't pull a extra 200.00 a week out of their check its just not their.
    07-19-08 09:38 PM
    I spend somewhere between $50-70 a week depending on how much running I have to do for my Dad in between work and school.

I'm thankful I have a new sitter for my kid, back in Feb before I found a new sitter, I was doing 100 miles round trip 5X a week and @ the time spending about $120. I can only imagine what it would cost today if I had to still do the same.

Nah, I'd have to quit my job, Hub and I wouldn't be able to afford sitter and gas, I'd be working just to fill up the tank.
    07-19-08 09:45 PM
    I drive a lifted Ford Ranger with oversized tires. I get about 13mpg! I average about 100 a week that's just to work and back.
    My wife drives a Nissan Altima and spends about 50-75 a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackberry9999; 07-19-08 at 11:40 PM.
    07-19-08 11:35 PM
    20 a week on my Harley. I'd rather not talk about the dodge Ram 1500 my wife drives to work. It is scarey.

07-19-08 11:50 PM
    You all make me sick.

I drive a Ford Expedition and it only get s like 14 mpg. I drive 18 miles each way to and from work. Costs me like $100 a week not to mention my wifes costs. I am 6'6" and like 350 # plus. I need a big ride to fit. Gas prices just suck.
    I'm just being a little sarcastic now. First off, I'm with you Brad. I could have sworn that I asked how much do YOU spend for gas per week(not you personally Brad) and not how much your company spends. That's ok though, cause sooner or later the sun will have to shine on us other folks that has to foot their own bill.

Just something to think about though guys, how much longer do you think your companies will be footing those high gas bills?? From what some of you have said that your companies spend, bless all of you if you have to pay even a third of it.
    07-20-08 04:21 AM
    I know it's all a matter of choice, but I am dropping around $200 /wk & I am driving a 4cyl. I was at $225 /wk & THAT is why I don't drive a Hemi 1500 anymore. I laugh to think that I sold that truck when gas was only $3.50/gal. (Only $3.50?!?!) Well I hope that helps you feel better, Creed.
    I really do feel good John, thanks!! Actually a lot of you made me feel better!! No doubt about it, we all are getting stuck bad!!
    07-20-08 04:23 AM
    I spend $ 75 a week in gas in my 89 Sundance. My hubby spends $ 100 a week in his 92 Bonneville. (He's looking into an Aveo now) We pay about $3.95 a gallon here.

07-20-08 04:44 AM
    I pay about about 110 euros a tank with comes to a bout $176 a week .
    man belgium sucks
    07-20-08 04:56 AM
    Just something to think about though guys, how much longer do you think your companies will be footing those high gas bills?? From what some of you have said that your companies spend, bless all of you if you have to pay even a third of it.
    As long as I keep doing what I'm doing, they'll pay for it indefinitely. There are a couple of reasons for that: When I do work for a client and I use my own vehicle for transportation, the IRS rate gets billed to the client. When the travel is work-related but non-billable to a client, the company picks up the tab; I can't imagine this changing for someone at the VP level (like me).
    07-20-08 07:13 AM
    Abt $64.

07-20-08 07:46 AM
    Good Lord man!! Then again, I'm quite sure thats on a company credit card. Nice try though!! Right???
    Yeah it belongs to my boss. I remember 9yrs ago when I started driving that $1000 would last all week and then some. There is no way I would buy my own with diesel at or near $5 gal.
    07-22-08 04:32 PM
    i spend about $175 a week on gas..It is killing me to keeo driving 45 each way 6 times a week...
    07-22-08 04:33 PM
    I drive a 2008 Chevy Cobalt. It's American, so it's cheap to maintain, and it's made by GM, so it lasts a while. I get 25-35 miles per gallon. Lowest in the city, highest on the highway of course.

Dudes With A Prius = Gay

You might as well get a pink convertible Beetle, wear thongs, and watch Grey's Anatomy.
    07-22-08 10:10 PM
    I have a subaru outback idk exactly how much to fill up every other (since i don't drive that much, but when i do its to work or a friends house thats around 10 miles away and work is 7 miles away) week but its close to 70 or 75? anyways as soon as i get out of college and can afford my own car, im buying a hybrid of something thats already good on gas. I refuse to pay so much for gas. I can't believe you people still have huge trucks since those things are gas guzzlers and the gas is already crazy as it is. You probably have tried to sell it, i understand, but still i wouldnt have bought it in the first place :P
    07-22-08 10:41 PM
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan about $50.00 a week

2001 Cadillac Catera about $65.00 every two weeks

1977 Harley Davidson about $30.00 a month
    07-22-08 11:39 PM
    2006 honda civic = $25 a week
    07-23-08 08:29 AM
    One thing i've done to help a little with these prices is get a rewards credit card that has a good cash back on gas.

I'm using the Citi Drivers Edge card now.

6% back on gas purchases, supermarkets, and drug stores. 1% back on everything else. The 5% is an introductory rate for a year. Then it goes to 3%.....which i'll begin the process of looking for a new card with better rate again.

You also get .01 per mile you drive too.

Its not 'cash back' though. You have to redeem your 'cash back' when you have something serviced on your car or buy/lease a new car.

So if you have $25 worth of rewards, get an oil change, charge it to the card, then submit a form with the invoice and they'll credit your account.

You are allowed up to $1000 per year that is good for 5 years.

So I figure i'll just charge everything on this card and when its time for new tires, they'll be paid for.

At $4/gallon...thats .24 per gallon going towards your 'rewards'. Not a bad deal.
    Last edited by RedWings; 07-23-08 at 09:41 AM.
    07-23-08 09:37 AM
    All I know is that if the government and all these so called private industries that want us to use Friendly cars, home appliances and recycled crap. Well they would make them either the same price if not cheaper then gas guzzlers high carbon foot print stuff.

When I don't have to pay $10 to 25,000 more for a Hybrid. Or 20 to 30% for recycled or eco green building materials. Then I will start to use them
    So until then all those Al Gore kiss A--. Tree hugging save the spotted owl the world is going to burn up lovers.

Keep your carbon foot print out of my A--.
    When they decide to stop killing America's ability to become the country it once was and allow us to become self dependent by more oil nuke power and all the other alternatives. Then we shall become able to use any vehicle we want and be able to afford food, rent and $400.00 on a BB bold.

Great idea to use corn has a fuel alternative instead of switch grass. Wonder which special interest group is behind that.
    Ill keep driving my F-250 extended cab 8 ft bed 4 wheel drive over your Prius.
    Also stay out of the way when I am doing 65-75mph in the left lane. You want to look at your economy meter do it in the right lane. The life you save will be your own.

$200-350 per week between me and my wife.
    I ain't asking the government to send me a check to spend money to send back to the middle east.

I buy gas from stations that use American oil.

07-23-08 11:00 AM
    I spend about $50 a week for both of my cars.
    07-23-08 11:23 AM
    200 a week

07-23-08 01:15 PM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD