Before I turn the lights off at night, I make sure my blackberry is next to me in bed. If I see it blinking red in the middle of the night, I must confess that I do reply and I don't wait until the next morning. I am trying to refrain from doing that but I figured as my New Years Resolution in 2008 I will try hard not to reply in the middle of the night. So until New Years comes, I will indulge. lol Oh well..........it could be worse. Right?

Gia
    07-04-07 06:19 PM
    Must confess, I have done the same thing
    07-04-07 09:17 PM
    Mine is right next to my pillow plugged into the charger if needed. Yes I do reply to 98% of the e-mails that I get in the middle of the night that are work related because we're a 24/7/365 company and since I'm in charge of the infrastructure, I need to be available for everyone at all times. My wife said she didn't know what was worse on me, my last stroke and the recovery from it or being without a blackberry for a little over a week because it broke when I fell from the stroke.

On a side note, we're sitting here watching the movie RV and Robin Williams is up all night typing out a proposal on his BB when he's supposed to be on a "family vacation". My kids looked at me and asked how many times I've done that when we're camping on the weekends or on vacation. My wife just shook her head and told them to just watch the movie
    07-04-07 09:26 PM
    I find myself waking up periodically, and either checking e-mails, or surfing the net.
    Its also the only alarm i can wake up to that i wont smash on the wall.
    07-04-07 09:29 PM
    Does it count if it's close to me?
    07-05-07 04:43 AM
    I slept with my Blackberry once, and it was the best night ever.

I didn't reply to any e-mails though, cause people know if they dare wake me up in the night... I'll kick their ***. :-p

Unless it's work related, but I rarely get any e-mail from my company since I'm only an intern. I suppose it could change later.
    07-05-07 08:20 AM
    When I'm in bed the BB is about 1-2 feet away from my head laying face down. Watching that green/red LED blink drives me nuts while I'm trying to fall asleep.
    07-05-07 08:33 AM
    You should turn the LED off, and thus it will only flash RED when you have a notification...
    07-05-07 08:55 AM
    Before I turn the lights off at night, I make sure my blackberry is next to me in bed. ...........

Gia

Auto On / Off set for 6:30 AM to 12:30AM, and it stays overnight in the Kitchen by my keys / wallet.

I love the thing, but I ain't sleepin' with it (kind of like a fat girl / ugly guy!) !
    07-05-07 09:14 AM
    "I love the thing, but I ain't sleepin' with it (kind of like a fat girl / ugly guy!) !" originally posted by Baggman

Well my dear Baggman I'm not fat by any means (I'm a size 4) and my boyfriend is handsome and he sleeps with his blackberry next to his side as well. I'm a legal assistant for a criminal law firm and he's an attorney. Sometimes people in the middle of the night need our immediate attention. So being fat or ugly has nothing to do with having your blackberry next to you. It could be that people just have a love for the precious device.

Baggman, I know it was just a figure of speech or an analogy you were conveying but I just had to let you know how I felt with your comment that's all.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-05-07 at 10:30 AM.
    07-05-07 09:43 AM
    Hrmm...

I believe Baggman was saying that he would not sleep with his Blackberry just like he would not sleep with a fat girl or guy. He wasn't indicating that we are fat or ugly or whether we would sleep with one. It's just how he feels about his Blackberry, as akin to fat people.

Besides, what he does is also a common practice - charge the blackberry away from the bed, pick it up along with the wallet and keys the next morning. I do that as a routine nowadays myself.
    07-05-07 10:37 AM
    i sleep with my bb about 6 inches from my head under my pillow.wow i need rehab lol
    07-05-07 11:44 AM
    "I believe Baggman was saying that he would not sleep with his Blackberry just like he would not sleep with a fat girl or guy. He wasn't indicating that we are fat or ugly or whether we would sleep with one. It's just how he feels about his Blackberry, as akin to fat people." quote from Zornedge

Thank you Zornedge for clarifying that for me. I am now laughing because I took what Baggman said literally and so seriously when in fact what you said makes sense to me.

I was just having a really bad day at work with some of the lawyers here in the office and I was venting. Sorry Baggman for misconstruing what you were saying.

Hugs,
    Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-05-07 at 12:19 PM.
    07-05-07 12:03 PM
    I don't sleep with mine, but I have a little goodnight ritual that I have to go thru before I tuck it in for the evening.
    However, I do sleep with my iPod.
    I am scared to death of accidently tossing my BlackBerry out of bed or having my cat decide to chew on the buttons in the middle of the night.
    07-06-07 06:46 PM
    "I believe Baggman was saying that he would not sleep with his Blackberry just like he would not sleep with a fat girl or guy. He wasn't indicating that we are fat or ugly or whether we would sleep with one. It's just how he feels about his Blackberry, as akin to fat people." quote from Zornedge

Thank you Zornedge for clarifying that for me. I am now laughing because I took what Baggman said literally and so seriously when in fact what you said makes sense to me.

I was just having a really bad day at work with some of the lawyers here in the office and I was venting. Sorry Baggman for misconstruing what you were saying.

Hugs,
    Gia

Gia: My comment was not aimed at you at all. I was just trying to be funny and now that I read it, it was probably rather insensitive to those two groups (in fact, I'm a Junior member of both!). Based on other comments of yours I've read on the Board, I think you're beautiful and very helpful.
    07-07-07 12:09 AM
    LOL, good topics,
    But I have to say, Not me...
    07-07-07 03:03 AM
    Thank you Baggman for your kind compliment about me. I'm blushing. It was so sweet of you to say.

Hugs,
    Gia
    07-07-07 12:05 PM
    Wow. I had no idea we were all so connected to our BB's. I tend to keep mine on auto turn off. I must confess though when I switch to night shift it always throws me off. When I goto check a call at 3am and its off.
    07-07-07 02:24 PM
    my phone is on silent all night. I used to be a nut to where I had to respond to every email sent to me, regardless of what time. But there isn't anything important enough to where it can't wait until the morning.
    07-07-07 02:48 PM
    The worst thing is when you check to see if you do have mail. Remembering that after a while that red led will go back to green. So, you reach over in the middle of the night with curiosity.
    07-07-07 02:49 PM
    The worst thing is when you check to see if you do have mail. Remembering that after a while that red led will go back to green. So, you reach over in the middle of the night with curiosity.
    07-07-07 03:00 PM
    my berry is right beside me on the table like a little baby, but i do turn it off cause i cant sleep with the light blinking on and off all night. it lights up the whole room
    07-07-07 03:43 PM
    The first thing I see in the morning or if I wake in the middle of the night, is that red blinking light. It gives me a feeling of security.
    07-12-07 01:47 PM
    I keep my BB in the other room because of the red light and you can hear the email hitting the phone. lol And when my husband is sound asleep then I sneak into the other room to read my messages.
    07-12-07 03:07 PM
    mine sits on the headboard of my bed. i have a cut out for things to store like books etc but all that sits in there is my phone.
    07-12-07 03:27 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD