In our house I do , tonight I thought I would try something different to prove to the wife that I can cook like a pro lol.
    I made beef welingtion and gravy , smashed potatoes , cailflower with cheese sauce . The veggie were no biggie but that welingtion was so tender and had soo much flavour.
    I try to do a �classy" dinner on sundays but I find myself wanting to try more extoic food than the normal dishes I prepare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 08:30 PM
    I always do the cooking when I'm home. I love to cook and am good at it. I have yet to find a woman who can outcook me

06-03-09 10:04 AM
    My dad does all the cooking.
    My step mother and I cannot cook anything. I take that back my step mom can cook this dish she calls mulamoo. its yummy.
    06-03-09 10:08 AM
    Once and a while I barbecue, but otherwise she does all the cooking
    06-03-09 10:34 AM
    I do 99% of the cooking, but i have a natual take on it. I've had SEVERAL people ask me for my secrets - but it'll never happen.

in fact i make a Buffalo meat chili that is second to none.
    06-03-09 10:53 AM
    I do 99% of the cooking, but i have a natual take on it. I've had SEVERAL people ask me for my secrets - but it'll never happen.

OMG that sounds sooooo freaking good! can I come over for dinner one night when you make that?
    06-03-09 10:56 AM

I'll put my venison chili up against your buffalo anyday!

06-03-09 11:06 AM
    I'll put my venison chili up against your buffalo anyday!

that's fine by me i've been in three "chili cook offs" and i've one two of the three and finished 3rd in the other... I'm always game for a friendly competition.
    06-03-09 11:41 AM
    OMG that sounds sooooo freaking good! can I come over for dinner one night when you make that?
    more than welcome to come over and try it .... ... Can you get buffalo meat locally where you are?
    06-03-09 11:45 AM
    I do most of the cooking, mainly because I'm home before my wife. Cooking is usually the basic stuff, but I follow a recipe pretty good, and have a few of my own concoctions. My wife is a good cook, and when she does cook she makes great stuff. Her biggest problem is that, since I do most of the cooking, I know where everything is in the kitchen, what gear is available, and what's the best use of available space. She always seem lost, because things are where or how she envisions they should be.
    06-03-09 12:51 PM
    I do 90% of the cooking, I do the dishes, I do my laundry, I grocery shop, I take care of the dogs, I clean the house...and I do all the stereotypically male chores too...clean the pool, remodel the bathroom, fix the cars, paint the house etc. Twenty years of this, two kids grown up and out of the house and 0 respect for it from my X2B is why she is my X2B!
    06-03-09 02:16 PM
    I do all the cooking, its easier than tending to my 2 year old at night.
    06-03-09 02:34 PM
    I'm also home before my wife, so I do much of the cooking, but we eat a lot of easy crap.

But I'm up for grilling 24 / 7 / 365.
    06-03-09 04:15 PM
    I do 90% of the cooking, I do the dishes, I do my laundry, I grocery shop, I take care of the dogs, I clean the house...and I do all the stereotypically male chores too...clean the pool, remodel the bathroom, fix the cars, paint the house etc. Twenty years of this, two kids grown up and out of the house and 0 respect for it from my X2B is why she is my X2B!

Can I get a HOOAH?!!

Sounds EXACTLY like me, however I do it all by choice. I have severe OCD and have to have things just right. Really annoys my kids too. However, the benefit that my family has is that I have a wide array of culinary skills and I do hella good BBQ on the grills. It's not necessarily a control thing, I just live by certain expectations. My wife is free to be more engaged with our children.
    06-03-09 07:32 PM
    I do 99% of the cooking also. Let my wife tell it, her putting a heat and server dish in the oven is making a dish from scratch.

If it was left up to her, we would eat Taco Bell every day!
    06-04-09 09:35 AM
    I do 99% of the cooking also. Let my wife tell it, her putting a heat and server dish in the oven is making a dish from scratch.

If it was left up to her, we would eat Taco Bell every day!
    LMAO that sounds like mine too ..... 9 yrs ago when we got out first place together i thought i would ask her to make us dinner...... i got home from work to enjoy a overcooked pork chop nothing else just a pork chop
    06-04-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD