Texas roadhouse is the sh!t lol. yes you can throw peanut shells on the floor, but the food is still amazing.
    its not where though, i went to Logans Steakhouse becuase its a little closer. but when i feel like a little drive, Texas Roadhouse is worth it!

so people are saying you get what you pay for... what kind of resturants do you go to? **** spending 40 to 50 on 2 people for dinner is okay. i cant imagine spending alot more than that.
    Thats what I'm saying! I can go to Texas Roadhouse for around 35 bones including tip and meal for 2... Its rough times people. I don't go into Burger King and expect them to give me the best service but even Red Robin which is like a 25 dollar meal for 2 I still expect good service. I've left a 15 dollar tip for a 25 dollar meal at red robin because the guy was perfect. You get what you pay for but the fact that you're paying for it supporting their business means you are (and I use this word loosely) "entitled" to a decent experience.
    09-30-09 12:51 PM
    Texas roadhouse is the sh!t lol. yes you can throw peanut shells on the floor, but the food is still amazing.
    its not where though, i went to Logans Steakhouse becuase its a little closer. but when i feel like a little drive, Texas Roadhouse is worth it!

so people are saying you get what you pay for... what kind of resturants do you go to? **** spending 40 to 50 on 2 people for dinner is okay. i cant imagine spending alot more than that.
    It's not where you go, it's what expectations you have. We are all on a budget. Heck, I've even gone to Waffle House a couple of times. It was quite surprising to see people so friendly and polite.
    09-30-09 03:50 PM
    I worked in fine dining (only in the kitchen, not "up front") for many years and you do truly get what you pay for.

1 restaurant where I worked, a meal for 2 with all the bells and whistles (I'm talking appetizers, drinks, the most expensive entrees and desserts) will run you about $100 or more + tip. Obviously this is not an everyday occasion but when I can afford to treat myself (like once a year, maybe), it is easily worth the money IMO. You pay for good service, you get good service. Great service in this particular case. I personally like to tip very well when I get great service too. If I get bad service, I have no problem not leaving a tip and in 1 case, even skipped out on the bill. It was an extreme case of unbelievably terrible service, I'll never go back to Ruby Tuesday's... EVER.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not above going to Roadhouse or Logan's or any fast food joint for that matter. But when I go, I lower my expectations alot.
    09-30-09 04:16 PM
    I would want to wait 5mins before I want a waiter or waitress to approach me
    09-30-09 04:20 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD