I just "recently" got out of a pretty long term relationship and after a while you get back into the single way of thinking but my question for you guys is:

How long do you wait until starting to date again???

Or

How long do you think is long enough to wait to start dating again???

Opinions please from male and female points of view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 06:05 PM
    If you're wondering . . . It's time!
    12-30-08 06:11 PM
    basically until you meet someone you like. you're going to compare every girl you meet to your last gf, as long as you really liked her. and basically, once you meet someone you like even more, go for it.
    12-30-08 06:11 PM
    whenever you're feeling ready? Theres really no time limit on it.
    12-30-08 06:15 PM
    I don't think anyone can answer that but yourself. I feel like you just know when your ready to put yourself out there again. IMO it's about when you feel ready and when you want to get back on the scene.
    12-30-08 06:16 PM
    basically until you meet someone you like. you're going to compare every girl you meet to your last gf, as long as you really liked her. and basically, once you meet someone you like even more, go for it.
    I agree, you will prob compare everyone to her....... until you get over her, but yeah def, if you meet someone you like GO for IT!
    12-30-08 06:18 PM
    Personally, I don't think there's a 'set' amount of time. You'll know it. Also, just because you get back out there doesn't mean you have to seek an LTR, so it's ok to see people. If you click with someone, you click.

I got out of an almost-6-year relationship earlier this year.... she lived with me, the whole 9. For a while after we split, I enjoyed not dealing with anyone. One day it was just that time to allow myself to see people. Was only a few short weeks for me lol. Nothing too serious, and I didn't go in looking for serious, just someone to do things with- restaurants, jazz clubs, the like. Other activities as deemed appropriate by me. Still not in a relationship or seeing someone seriously now, and no immediate plans on it.

My bad, long post.
    12-30-08 06:21 PM
    I think the idea that there has to be a certain amount of time between dating people is ludicrous.

If you're ready you'll know and if it happens to be the next day and you're ready it's simply a safe bet that you're either rebounding or you just didn't care about her like you thought you did.

12-30-08 06:24 PM
    Hey and sometimes you think you are ready...and you aren't. So no matter what take things slow, enjoy dating for once, and don't lets things move too fast. I know personally i have gotten out of LTR, and thinking i'm ready but then the guy wants to get serious too quick and i run the other way. Just move at your own pace, and if it feels right go with it!
    12-30-08 06:29 PM
    Has soon has you walk out the door start looking.
    After all why waste time feeling sorry for yourself

12-30-08 07:12 PM
    Thanks for all the input guys and girls!!!

I never meant that there was ever some set time limit on this, I was just wondering how others feel. I agree that if something starts to click then you shouldn't try to fight it. I try to think about it like this, how long would it have to be before she sees someone else to tick me off??? The only thing is it wouldn't bother me no way, so I was just looking for some insight. Thanks.
    12-30-08 08:11 PM
    I look at it this way she becomes some one else's problem

12-30-08 08:44 PM
    ...an hour

but seriously - good luck
    12-30-08 08:58 PM
    Some people get over it quickly and some don't everyone is different. You will know once your over it.
    12-31-08 12:40 AM
    doesn't it really depend what you're looking for? if you want to just date and have fun and you know you're not over her, then thats what you'll look for, but if you're more comfortable in another serious relationship, wait til you accept the fact that your previous one is really over and you aren't thinking about your ex 24/7.... just my take on it tho, you'll figure it out
    12-31-08 01:24 AM
    doesn't it really depend what you're looking for? if you want to just date and have fun and you know you're not over her, then thats what you'll look for, but if you're more comfortable in another serious relationship, wait til you accept the fact that your previous one is really over and you aren't thinking about your ex 24/7.... just my take on it tho, you'll figure it out
    these are wise words, i wish someone had told me this.
    12-31-08 01:27 AM
    Live it up and don't ever let a female take over your life, especially when she isn't in your presence anymore. Delete everything that has to do with her. Numbers, pix, etc. Most improtant, do not have any sorta booty calls with her or else you'll never get over it. Live it up and get laid as much as possible by every girl u meet. That's what it's all about. Went through the same thing and it's hard. But a man has to grab his balls and do what he gots to do.

12-31-08 02:14 AM
    427 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes and 8 seconds. Anything less would
    just be tawdry.

Really, you'll know when you're ready and no one here can tell you
    when that will be or how long you should wait.
    12-31-08 02:20 AM
    427 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes and 8 seconds. Anything less would
    just be tawdry.
    Good stuff. LOL
    12-31-08 11:59 AM
    haha at above reply.

Really when you start to get lonely or bored of not having anybody. Plan on things being shorter with the ability to build on and you won't get disappointed if things end quick.
    12-31-08 01:12 PM
    Be sensible. Take things easy, step by step. First visit a couple of strip joints, then next week invite a few hookers over, the week after working up to being the John Daly of hookerville. And then see how you feel...
    12-31-08 03:54 PM
    I def think that's some thing only u can decide, there's no set time frame... When/if ure ready, u'll just know.

12-31-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD