So let's say you see a guy who is well dressed but has a bad hairstyle, does that really make girls turn away?

Have you guys ever gotten a new haircut and got more attention?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 11:34 PM
    Real men never call it a "hair style." We are either well groomed or not.

Honestly, I would be put off by any woman who was so shallow as to see
    something special in me because of how I wear my hair. I don't do nor do I
    tolerate superficial.
    12-02-09 12:28 AM
    Real men never call it a "hair style." We are either well groomed or not.

Honestly, I would be put off by any woman who was so shallow as to see
    something special in me because of how I wear my hair. I don't do nor do I
    tolerate superficial.
    I think your right. We must have a lot of shallow people here

12-02-09 12:33 AM
    I shave my head bald because quite frankly I look better bald. Many girls don't like the bald look but many do. You're going to have your superficial woman and your down to earth woman. We all have our own standards anyway whether we want to admit it or not.

12-02-09 12:43 AM
    Not just here, but my point was simply the exterior of a person is no way to gauge
    the person.

Some of the ugliest people I know are people most would consider physically
    attractive. Some of the sweetest people I know are those that would be considered
    by most to be "hard on the eyes."

It's the heart, mind and soul that counts, not the hair and the looks.
    12-02-09 12:45 AM
    Always remember that it's usually the people that are considered attractive who are the most rotten on the inside. Not saying all, but usually.

12-02-09 12:52 AM
    Always remember that it's usually the people that are considered attractive who are the most rotten on the inside. Not saying all, but usually.

Haha I'm glad you put the not all claus. My GF is an incredibly attractive young woman and she's one of the most beautiful personalities I have ever known
    12-02-09 01:37 AM
    Not just here, but my point was simply the exterior of a person is no way to gauge
    the person.

attractive. Some of the sweetest people I know are those that would be considered

Amen to that!

As long as he doesnt look like a total ragged out smelly hobo.
    12-02-09 02:03 AM
    the person.

A lot of people say that, but in reality they don't mean it, I would say 10 percent of them really mean it, while the other 90 percent just say it, but when it comes down to it, they really dont

12-02-09 02:19 AM
    Just something I noticed over time

12-02-09 02:20 AM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My kids think their stepdad is ugly. In my eyes he's very handsome. I think my daughter's boyfriends are ugly but they think they're cute. It's all one's perception.

12-02-09 08:29 AM
    i try and keep my head clean and trimmed, when it gets to long it gets crazy curley
    12-02-09 08:34 AM
    If you look in the animal world. Male animals do stuff to try and impress the opposite sex. They have fancy colorings, they have louder/deeper calls, the do all types of stuff to try and impress the female. The very same thing can be said in the human world. Guys wear expensive clothing, expensive sunglasses, carry expensive cellphone. And when it comes to their cars some guys go all out. Thinking that i will attract a female. After all some women are gold diggers.

And think this subject [hair styles] falls into this category some guys feel they need a good hair cut to attract good females.

but as Ken said.... it's all superficial, it's shallow, and it's flat out not needed.

12-02-09 08:46 AM
    Amen to that!

I think that in any relationship there has to be at least some initial attraction so yes it does matter but after 4 years with the same woman I just get her to buzz my head every month or so... I'm not tryin to impress anyone anymore I just wanna get outta bed, put on clothes that might be clean and go to work.
    12-02-09 09:22 AM
    I've had a buzzcut for the last 26 years. My hair doesn't style in any way, and the time I save not futzing with it is spent enjoying something else I'd rather be doing.

Besides, with the wife doing our hair at home, that's $450 bucks a year saved between me and the 2 boys.

12-02-09 09:50 AM
    I buzz my hair every 6 months or so to save money, I like the low maintenance and I personally think I look better with short hair.

People always tell me I have great hair when it grows out but I hate it. It's really thick and wavy and it only does what it wants to, there is no styling for me besides just pushing it off my forehead.

This reminds me it's about time to cut it again...
    12-02-09 09:55 AM
    I personally like guys with short hair, but I’ve seen a couple that can rock the longer slicked back look too.

There is a guy at my job that had his hair slicked back like he was in the mafia for about a year and I told him just cut it, it will look much better. Low and behold he finally did and he looked much better.
    Now I didn't tell this guy to cut his hair so I would be more attracted him to, I told him because I knew in fact he would be a much better looking man all around if he just cut his hair. He was going through a midlife crisis.

One more thing...I did get my ex to finally let me cut his stupid sideburns off...he also looks much better.

Call me shallow for wanting men to look better and helping them out, but thats what chicks do!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 12-02-09 at 10:03 AM.
    12-02-09 09:59 AM
    Men usually go with what the ladies like, I keep it low.
    12-02-09 10:06 AM
    I personally like guys with short hair, but I�ve seen a couple that can rock the longer slicked back look too.

There is a guy at my job that had his hair slicked back like he was in the mafia for about a year and I told him just cut it, it will look much better. Low and behold he finally did and he looked much better.
    Now I didn't tell this guy to cut his hair so I would be more attracted him to, I told him because I knew in fact he would be a much better looking man all around if he just cut his hair. He was going through a midlife crisis.

One more thing...I did get my ex to finally let me cut his stupid sideburns off...he also looks much better.

Call me shallow for wanting men to look better and helping them out, but thats what chicks do!
    Lol its funny how its ok for women to tell us what we should change, but when we tell them....dun dun dun, all **** breaks loose

12-02-09 10:55 AM
    Lol its funny how its ok for women to tell us what we should change, but when we tell them....dun dun dun, all **** breaks loose

Yea the double standard is not very cool, but I'm the kind of girl that is always open for others opinions.
    It also depends on how guys approach the situation and how they say it.
    12-02-09 11:07 AM
    crap i gotta do my hair, anyone got a flat iron i can use?
    12-02-09 11:09 AM
    Yea the double standard is not very cool, but I'm the kind of girl that is always open for others opinions.
    It also depends on how guys approach the situation and how they say it.
    I remember one time when my ex asked me if she should get blonde or brown hair. I said go for blonde, she flipped out saying I should date a real blonde, I was like wtf? O_o..... Next time a girl asks me a question like that ill just say "either one you pick you will always be beautiful in my eyes" so that way I don't get in trouble lol

12-02-09 11:13 AM
    Next time a girl asks me a question like that ill just say "either one you pick you will always be beautiful in my eyes" so that way I don't get in trouble lol

Good answer !!

To answer your question - I would have to say, yes appearance matters. It's what initially attracts you to people. However, appearance won't make me stay - personality does. You don't know that Mr/Miss Not-So-Attractive-On-The-Outside has an awesome personality, just like you don't know Mr/Miss Attractive has a rotten personality. Once you get to know someone, I agree it's based mostly on personality but initially it's based on appearance. I don't think I'm shallow - I think in reality everyone feels that way.

I'm not even attracted to the best looking guys. If you're too good looking, I can appreciate it but I'm not usually attracted - I usually think "How much time do you spend getting ready?". For whatever reason - I like nerdy guys (at least that's what my friends say). I personally don't find them nerdy but...

I wouldn't base a guy solely on his hairstyle those things are cosmetic. But I too am partial to shorter hair. I've only seen a handful of guys that can pull off longer hair and a ponytail is always a no-no in my book!
    12-02-09 11:42 AM
    Amen to that!

Of course that ragged out smelly hobo, could be one of you ordinary tweaked out, rat crazy, billionaires, (kinda like Howdy Hughes), coming home from a bing weekend.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 12-02-09 at 12:59 PM.
    12-02-09 12:49 PM
    Good answer !!

To answer your question - I would have to say, yes appearance matters. It's what initially attracts you to people. However, appearance won't make me stay - personality does. You don't know that Mr/Miss Not-So-Attractive-On-The-Outside has an awesome personality, just like you don't know Mr/Miss Attractive has a rotten personality. Once you get to know someone, I agree it's based mostly on personality but initially it's based on appearance. I don't think I'm shallow - I think in reality everyone feels that way.

I'm not even attracted to the best looking guys. If you're too good looking, I can appreciate it but I'm not usually attracted - I usually think "How much time do you spend getting ready?". For whatever reason - I like nerdy guys (at least that's what my friends say). I personally don't find them nerdy but...

I wouldn't base a guy solely on his hairstyle those things are cosmetic. But I too am partial to shorter hair. I've only seen a handful of guys that can pull off longer hair and a ponytail is always a no-no in my book!
    This is the response I was looking for "a ponytail is always a no-no in my book". I guess I'm getting a haircut today, no more pony tail

12-02-09 12:55 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD