Quite frankly, this is about how you hold your phone when using it? I have found one handed typing to be impossible, which makes buffing a floor while texting impossible almost (I hunt and peck almost). So most of my typing is two handed and I just quickly stop what I'm doing, fire off a message, then resume what I am doing. The hands just wrap around my phone like a glove especially using a rubber case which helps me grip it better.

Just curious.
    04-12-10 05:32 PM
    I wish there was a one-handed feature akin to phones of old that would allow for T9 or WORD typing using the 9 numbers. Pretty rough to type one-handed on the tiny keyboard but I do about half the time.
    04-12-10 05:39 PM
    I one-hand type all the time when I'm in bed laying on one side and too lazy to turn over to use both hands. Cheers.
    04-12-10 10:17 PM
    I haven't mastered one-handed typing. I use both hands to type. It never occurred to me to try it with one hand...I've tried with one thumb. I'm gonna give this a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 10:19 PM
    mostly i use two-handed typing. but i do occasionally type one-handed when i'm feeling lazy but it takes a while for me to get a message out that way tho.. i should practice more
    04-12-10 11:10 PM
    ahhh the typing position.. i would say... "The Blackberry Pray Position" both hands typing with both thumbs.

haha mister obvious lol great thread and name combo
    04-12-10 11:27 PM
    me as well both thumbs
    04-13-10 12:09 AM
    When typing two-handed, I use my thumbs in the BlackBerry prayer position.

When I type one-handed, strangely I use my left hand most often, although I'm right-handed. Maybe it's not that strange, as it frees up my dominant hand to do whatever is ostensibly more important - say "buffing a floor".

For those of you who miss the T9 days, have you tried turning on Predictive Input? You can find it in Options in the Language and Text Input screen under Show Text Input Options.

04-13-10 12:12 AM
    You guys are funnyyyyyyyy . . "Blackberry Prayer Position"

lmfao!!!!!!!
    04-13-10 02:00 AM
    Hehe. I don't use predictive input because I honestly type too accurately it messes me up when I use two hands but I may try it with one.
    04-13-10 10:10 AM
    Usually the BlackBerry Prayer position. Sometimes one-handed. It's a bit awkward, but not impossible.
    04-13-10 11:13 AM
    Usually 2 handed except in bed sometimes just the one but it does take forever to get the message out and then I'll start to use 2 again cuz I get annoyed at how long it takes for me to type something so simply. As for T9, no way. I didn't even like it when I had my Sony Ericsson. Annoyed the heck out of me because the predictive text sux and was almost always wrong.

04-13-10 12:31 PM
    I tend to use the "blackberry prayer position" (lol) but sometimes I use one handed. And I usually screw up words bc I'm driving (bad) when I do it. And by that time I just call them bc its easier. When I talk its normal on speaker so its in my right hand.

04-14-10 08:14 AM
    Most of the time it's the Blackberry Prayer position, but I can do the one-handed typing. It's just not as fast, and I'm better with my right hand.
    04-14-10 11:26 AM
    Hmm interesting thanks!
    04-23-10 04:01 AM
    Guess I pray too... LMAO
    05-06-10 08:55 AM
    I type two handed 90% of the time. I can type with just my right hand, but it really slows down what I'm doing (and I tend to make more spelling errors this way). I only one-hand type if I'm sending a text message or an IM that is going to be somewhat short anyway - if it's an email or anything more substantial than a few lines, I prefer to stop whatever I was doing and focus on it, typing with both thumbs.
    05-06-10 09:22 AM
    I'll do the blackberry prayer position if I'm sitting down, but any other orientation and I'll hold it in my right hand and type (mostly) one-handed. I've tried to find a cooperative surgeon to implant the device into my right palm for ease of use, but so far no one will do that.

05-06-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD